The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Michael Stewart having a right go at TC today. Outdated training and approach to dealing with players.

Would I be right in saying that TC is by some distance, ie. more than a decade, the oldest manager in the league?

Not a problem when you're Alex Ferguson or Harry Redknapp and have years of top level management experience plus a large and expensively assembled coaching team behind you. Possibly more of a problem when you're stepping into your first managerial job for ages and competing against modern training and coaching methods?

I think Craig will be here until the end of the season at least.

We will finish in the bottom two unless that changes.

Sad state of affairs.

Every single person (except Lex, who guarantees an 8th place finish) recognizes we are going to finish 11th at best with TC in charge.

650 fans at rugby park. Can St Mirren afford fans to vote with their feet at home games. Attendance's are going to plummet I am sure the longer this goes on.

Sad state of affairs.

Every single person (except Lex, who guarantees an 8th place finish) recognizes we are going to finish 11th at best with TC in charge.

650 fans at rugby park. Can St Mirren afford fans to vote with their feet at home games. Attendance's are going to plummet I am sure the longer this goes on.

Haven' t seen an exodous at home for many years than when Utds 3rd goal went in. Place more or less emptied and if we lose to Thistle then there will be very few pay at the gate against Celtic. The next home game after that will be a bridge too far for many home fans should Tommy continue.

Sad state of affairs.

How man fans do we take to Rugby park on average?

How man fans do we take to Rugby park on average?

There's no confirmation from the last game prior to Saturday, but the game before that (02/01/14), we took over 1,400.

You could argue there would be more than usual due to it being the 2nd of January and a lot of people being off work (although I wasn't :(). Even then, I think 650 is quite a drop.

I'm actually beyond caring. What a mess we've got ourselves into.

What I don't get is that nobody on here could see this coming? It was blatently obvious we were just cutting wages, bringing in rubbish, appointing the wrong people but yet this forum was full of positivity during pre season. I'm all for being positive when there is actually something to be positive about but that certainly has not been the case since the end of last season

Edited by Big Yards

What I don't get is that nobody on here could see this coming? It was blatently obvious we were just cutting wages, bringing in rubbish, appointing the wrong people but yet this forum was full of positivity during pre season. I'm all for being positive when there is actually something to be positive about but that certainly has not been the case since the end of last season

I think there were a few that could see it coming but we were all hoping that it would come good. I don't think many were delighted when TC was appointed but decided that he deserved a chance to prove us wrong.

I'm actually beyond caring. What a mess we've got ourselves into.

The board should take full responsibility for the f**k up, it was the very cheap and lazy option.

Michael Stewart's article in the Sun today on Tommy Craig and St.Mirren was absolutely spot on.

A change must be made sooner than later before we lose even more ground, I fear it's too late already though.

But he was previously the assistant manager to a sacked manager.

The last such manager was John Coughlin - and he was sacked before Xmas in his first full season in charge!

So citing him as an example you are actually arguing against yourself!

If you want to get right down to the specifics, the fact is that Tommy Craig is the first manager we've ever had under the current BoD who was previously an assistant manager and started out as manager at the very start of a season.

Therefore, if you want to be that specific, there is no precedent for you to compare with!

In additon, it may not be the current BoD who have the decision to make.

And when folk start asking you for a bet its a sure fire sign that they've lost the argument...

Whit?

He was previously the assistant, just like Tommy. Therefore he wasn't new at the club, and he still got 11 months. He never got a full season, but he got 2 transfer windows.

11 months is the shortest any Saints manager has had under this board. To suggest Tommy will go 2 months into a season? Madness.

Lost the argument? Haha. You say Tommy will be gone by October, I say he won't be sacked by November the 1st.

I'm willing for a charity to benefit from this wee disagreement. Are you?

Michael Stewart having a right go at TC today. Outdated training and approach to dealing with players.

I've heard much the same last week. Didn't want to post it but crumbled when pished :P

Feedback I get is TC training isn't like last season. Everyone says he was in charged last season but I hear training is "old school". Players aren't really buying into it.

I fear for us. :( Edited by davidg

Michael Stewart having a right go at TC today. Outdated training and approach to dealing with players. Also says he has history of jumping into jobs when the manager is fired.

This adds more weight to the rumours about Thompson being unhappy with how events transpired in the summer, and was appeased with the armband. He must be the most likely source for Stewart to be hearing about these issues.

I've heard much the same last week. Didn't want to post it but crumbled when pished tongue.png

I fear for us. sad.png

Agreed, unless we make a proactive change of manager, we are gone. Club seems to be in turmoil on and off the pitch, and has been since the end of last season. From Danny-gate onwards, mistake after mistake.

Agreed, unless we make a proactive change of manager, we are gone. Club seems to be in turmoil on and off the pitch, and has been since the end of last season. From Danny-gate onwards, mistake after mistake.

Was it Keith Jackson that said words to those effect at the very start of the season?