The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Amazing to see integrity like that these days....just 5 successive defeats but just doesn't see results like they've been used to.

Craig happy to take no responsibility what so ever for our league record while assistant and now happy to limp along making "ohh if we could only score goals" soundbites while picking up a salary for doing no better job that hundreds you could pick out of the stand.

how can he come out with the pish oh lack of firepower,,,,,, funny i thought he was the manager,

pity the board didn't show some FIRE power,

sorry to say one more and oooot,

might not afford to pay him off but send on some gardening leave .

and get someone else in

Edited by mad saint 2

Tommy's excuses are becoming tiresome, he really should do the honourable thing and resign, I hope he would be sacked by now but the board seem too tight fisted to do so, our 2 league wins this season were lucky, we got a dodgy free kick with lead to the winning penalty v Partick Thistle, and the win at St Johnstone saw them having 2 genuine goals chopped offside, we moan about refs being bad but there without their terrible decisions we would be bottom of the league.

Tommy Craig makes John Coughlin look like Jose Mourinho.

What really gets me, is we got rid of Harkins and McGowan (at a cost) and didn't replace the standard... So yea, he's made a c**t of it majorly

I can't recall too many on here screaming to keep Harkins, (for the record I was one who did so), and, as far as McGowan is concerned, IIRC, many were saying he needed to go after his antics and close clink call.

I'm not defending TC as it appears his signings, or at least his utilisation of them have been suspect, and I do believe the Board should be looking closely at the situation but let's not use released players in hindsight.

What worries me - and we see this time and again - is that we'll see other teams struggling around us, and they'll take decisive action when it counts. So McCall has quit Motherwell - whether he was encouraged to do so or not - and what's the betting, whoever the new guy is, sparks a mini-revival and gets Murrawell up the table?

Sometimes I admire the fact that we get through relatively few managers. Our sacking record shows the board has remained calm when most chairmen would have fired the manager. I like stability, and I want to see bosses being given time to do the job. I also appreciate that we have a very, very young team.

However, with all that in mind, I think the appointment of Tommy Craig was a mistake, and I think we should set him a (realistic) points target for the end of 2014. Let's say he needs to have averaged a point a game (usually a good target for survival) by the time 2015 rolls in. We are currently on 8 points from 12, which is relegation form, no question.

If we've not hit that, we haven't shown adequate improvement, and he should go.

What worries me - and we see this time and again - is that we'll see other teams struggling around us, and they'll take decisive action when it counts. So McCall has quit Motherwell - whether he was encouraged to do so or not - and what's the betting, whoever the new guy is, sparks a mini-revival and gets Murrawell up the table?

Sometimes I admire the fact that we get through relatively few managers. Our sacking record shows the board has remained calm when most chairmen would have fired the manager. I like stability, and I want to see bosses being given time to do the job. I also appreciate that we have a very, very young team.

However, with all that in mind, I think the appointment of Tommy Craig was a mistake, and I think we should set him a (realistic) points target for the end of 2014. Let's say he needs to have averaged a point a game (usually a good target for survival) by the time 2015 rolls in. We are currently on 8 points from 12, which is relegation form, no question.

If we've not hit that, we haven't shown adequate improvement, and he should go.

Let's look at teams who have been relegated in recent years.

Hibs - changed manager during season

Hearts - exceptional circumstances, changed manager at end of season

Dundee - changed manager during season.

Dunfermline - changed manager during season.

Hamilton - kept manager.

Falkirk - changed manager during season.

ICT - changed manager during season.

Gretna - weird situation, officially changed manager during season.

Dunfermline - changed manager during season.

I make that 7 out of 8 teams who've earned the least points since we've been promoted have changed manager during the season they were relegated. Hearts are an exception and I know Gretna weren't officially relegated, but you get the picture.

That's quite a hit rate, and quite a vindication of our boards decision not to change managers during the season. It would seem changing manager during the season actually increases the chances of relegation, as opposed to decreasing it.

Let's hope we add Motherwell and/or Ross County to that long list of teams who've changed manager and then been relegated at the end of the season.

I suspect changing managers is a matter of timing. If we are to (hopefully) bag Craig the successor must have the January window. A month is no where near long enough the manager must be able to build relationships with the players and wheel and deal. Being honest our squad is insipid and lightweight.

The board also need to make a decision. Will they cut and run or are they going to stay. Ducking make your mind up. Just now we are dying the death of 1000 cuts.

Was speaking to a dde utd fan in wrk today. He was at the game and view was -

'Saints play good football and have some good players. He thought reilly was our best player on the day... we have nothing in the final third which will come with confidence...'

My view is change the manager... new confidence and new belief for the players will bring results.