Motherwell V St Mirren Saturday 20Th December - The Big One

murray street

For me this is a must win today - we have lost all the 6 pointer games so far this season and we are bottom because we have been shite end of !

Hopefully we will at least start playing people in their best positions and Goodwin and Osborne add some steel to our team. Maybe give Reilly a run supporting Thommo but don't put him in midfield as it doesn't work

Massive game today

Big hearts and performances needed all over the park

Think a positive attitude from the fans wil build confidence

12 th man

A win today should e expected but a hard fought draw wouldn't be a disaster

I just want the players to show a bit of fight - belief- and passion

Our season can kickstart from today

Must win in my book. It's a home fixture and we're at the bottom of the league. It's against one of two rivals we must catch to avoid automatic relegation or a tricky playoff. We've just bagged our manager. Our club is up for sale, we are out both cups, and crowds have been dropping fast recently. If this ISN'T a 'must win' game... then WTF is?

Edited by pozbaird

Must win in my book. It's a home fixture and we're at the bottom of the league. It's against one of two rivals we must catch to avoid automatic relegation or a tricky playoff. We've just bagged our manager. Our club is up for sale, we are out both cups, and crowds have been dropping fast recently. If this ISN'T a 'must win' game... then WTF is?

Couldn't agree more.

BTW, mine's a cappuccino.

4-0 Saints.

Get it right up ye.......Willie Pettigrew, Vic Davidson, Joe Wark, Gregor Stevens, Peter Millar and Ian Foote.

Older fans will understand I never got over that game in 1977.

Bastards.

Spot on. Basturts. This is the kind of football abuse that today's anti-sectarian tent should be looking at. Motherwell '77 can fcuk off. So can Hearts '86 too. As for those manky unwashed Greenock scum....

There. No need to bring religion into my abuse.

4-0 Saints.

Get it right up ye.......Willie Pettigrew, Vic Davidson, Joe Wark, Gregor Stevens, Peter Millar and Ian Foote.

Bastards.

And Stuart McLaren.

4-0 Saints.

Bastards.

Pumping them 3-0 in the first game back in the Premier League was oh so sweet. Even Aber scored IIRC. Probably booted two their players into the net along with the ball.

Obviously very hard to call the game tomorrow. Well have a new manager, we have a caretaker taking charge of his first home game. Anything could happen really.

Can never really read too much into a performance at Parkhead, but Teale did go for it last week. It was a bit too open at times, but it was something a bit different from what we'd normally do there.

I'm assuming we'll probably go for it tomorrow too, so both teams to score would be a likely outcome IMO. It's a big game for us and our caretaker manager. If we lose his chance of getting the gig full time is basically gone. If we win he'll be in the box seat.

Expecting another close game, as every match between us and the teams in the bottom 6 has been this season. Another 3-2 home win would do just fine, but I'll go for a score draw... Say 2-2.

Good summary and I was thinking high scoring open game too.