Transfer News

Ross County have just completed their 4th purchase during the January transfer window.

They seem to want to stay in the SPFL more than we do.

Or perhaps they are just a much wealthier club with a larger fan base!

It's a sad day when the club from Paisley (population 74,170) can't compete with the club from Dingwall (population 5,491).

Or perhaps they're signing shite! Didn't we just beat them 2-1 with ten men. I'm confused, I thought winning almost guaranteed that you were competing.

Or perhaps they're signing shite! Didn't we just beat them 2-1 with ten men. I'm confused, I thought winning almost guaranteed that you were competing.

Think that's a twist and what was meant was at least they are trying, also County finished 5th and 7th last few years signing so called shite, plus they sack a manager when it starts going pete tong and get in a worthy replacement............. meanwhile back at our ranch

If a championship team offer us £250k with add ons we will take it. Kenny would also be pushing the club to take it as it he might not get another opportunity. You are dreaming if you believe a club will offer £750k plus add ons. If we get relegated we will be lucky to get £100k

If reports are true we've knocked back more than that for him previously. Why, when he's performing better than he eve has on a consistent basis, would we accept it now??

Ross County don't concern me at all, not seen anything from them that suggests they're going to start picking up points anytime soon. The fact they've signed a player really doesn't change this, they've used 62 players in their 92 top flight games, it doesn't mean anything.

Think that's a twist and what was meant was at least they are trying, also County finished 5th and 7th last few years signing so called shite, plus they sack a manager when it starts going pete tong and get in a worthy replacement............. meanwhile back at our ranch

Back at our ranch, where Craig has spread shite, Cheesy and Goodwin roam the plains and the weekly cattle run leaves huge gaps for predators to attack, we are still ahead of Ross County.

Story I've been told is that the Argentinians met the asking price. I find it nearly impossible to believe the English bid was turned down in favour of a deal dependent upon the sale of a player.

Well if that's the case , I,m hoping that we see a few new faces very soon ( free agents will do ) , you would think that if they have made their purchase / investment , they would want to ensure premiership safety , and also get their business vehicle moving , so with that in mind , I,m hugely disappointed we haven't seen any new signings from South America.

If a championship team offer us £250k with add ons we will take it. Kenny would also be pushing the club to take it as it he might not get another opportunity. You are dreaming if you believe a club will offer £750k plus add ons. If we get relegated we will be lucky to get £100k

Talk about a himilton left back going for 2 million and his contracts up in 6 months and you think we would struggle to get 100 k for McLean in a years time lol

It's not Scottish teams that are after him mate it's teams down south loads of money total different ball game

Ross County have just completed their 4th purchase during the January transfer window.

They seem to want to stay in the SPFL more than we do.

Or perhaps they are just a much wealthier club with a larger fan base!

It's a sad day when the club from Paisley (population 74,170) can't compete with the club from Dingwall (population 5,491).

That's a strange statement to make, explain why please.

Also, if you do not know already,County's benefactor Roy McGregor (Proper Multi Millionare) bails them out every Window with money for Players.

Caley also have good backers behind them, they had six Businessmen pump money into the Club last year .They also have Alan Savage of Orion Recruitment......also loaded.

Until some Sugar Daddies pop out the woodwork for us it will be diificult to compete against these two with their rich backers.

Yes you are confused. My point which has apparently escaped you is that a Dingwall club (with less than a 12th of the population base of Paisley) can apparently garnish more financial resources.

However, it remains to be seen how successful their purchases will be.

Yes you are confused. My point which has apparently escaped you is that a Dingwall club (with less than a 12th of the population base of Paisley) can apparently garnish more financial resources.

However, it remains to be seen how successful their purchases will be.

It's not the club itself that garners the resources, it's their rich benefactor of a chairman, good old uncle Roy.

Their latest signing comes from a club that are apparently sitting 14th in the Polish 2nd tier.

Could be a risky signing.

Talk about a himilton left back going for 2 million and his contracts up in 6 months and you think we would struggle to get 100 k for McLean in a years time lol

It's not Scottish teams that are after him mate it's teams down south loads of money total different ball game

Hamilton are the only ones talking about Hendrie selling for £2m. West Ham were supposed to complete the deal and hand over the cash on 1st January and haven't even been in touch since then.

Also, if you do not know already,County's benefactor Roy McGregor (Proper Multi Millionare) bails them out every Window with money for Players.

Caley also have good backers behind them, they had six Businessmen pump money into the Club last year .They also have Alan Savage of Orion Recruitment......also loaded.

Until some Sugar Daddies pop out the woodwork for us it will be diificult to compete against these two with their rich backers.

Seven weeks since we sacked our previous manager and no replacement has been appointed, no news on when applications close or who has been interviewed or whether anyone is still in the running. The only bits of St Mirren news we do get is who has had their contract terminated by mutual agreement this week and whether or latest red card appeal has been successful or not.

Accept what you are saying but with our vastly superior population base, we have under-achieved as a club.

You have got to ask the question why can't we attract a 'Sugar Daddy' of our own?

And I think I can answer my own question - Paisley is too full of old firm bigots - people who have been born and brought up in Paisley (probably over several generations) but the last thing they would consider is to go down to Greenhill Road and support their local team.

On a purely population base we are probably the most under-achieving team in Scotland.

A St Mirren-supporting 'Sugar Daddy' would be much preferable to what we are about to be subjected to!

The sugar daddy model can work, or it can be Brookes Mileson. Yes, a genuine St Mirren supporting 'Tom Farmer' or suchlike would be nice, but they simply don't exist. If they did, they'd have appeared in 1998, or certainly over the past five years.

It seems we have been resigned to our fate for a while and are now about to be relegated.

Seven weeks since we sacked our previous manager and no replacement has been appointed, no news on when applications close or who has been interviewed or whether anyone is still in the running. The only bits of St Mirren news we do get is who has had their contract terminated by mutual agreement this week and whether or latest red card appeal has been successful or not.

Almost makes you think something much bigger is going on. If only this forum was host to some sort of evidence of that!

Hamilton are the only ones talking about Hendrie selling for £2m. West Ham were supposed to complete the deal and hand over the cash on 1st January and haven't even been in touch since then.

It's in all the papers there back in for him today.

I didn't mention who was talking about it.

If it's a totally made up story by Hamilton good on them.

When we have people saying we should bite someone's had of for 250k for our top scorer and only hope of staying up

I'd much rather sign 2 quality players than adopt County's scattergun approach, signing a number of poor quality signings. All that leads to is a big squad but a lack of continuity. Their new signing has a better pedigree than some they have signed, but I believe he is another on a very short term contract, which cant do much for team spirit.