St Mirren V Hamilton Accies 28/02/15

Couldn't make it yesterday. Typical....

Delighted with the win, and the monkey off our backs. Pity about results elsewhere, but we just need to go about our business in the right manner.

I'm hoping we can keep a settled team on the park, now - injuries and suspensions permitting. That will be a key factor during the run in.

Experienced players starting to look up for a fight , Goodwin was excellent and I was a bit nervous when he seemed to pick up an injury , Genev settled in well and I hope he recovers soon from his injury , as these two along with Cheesy should give us a bit of solidness , and with Naismith and Tess should give us a decent defence.

Dayton and Gow both really got stuck in and seemed to be enjoying themselves in piss awful conditions , which is great to see . A great goal for Thommo , who led his line well .

Much more hopeful of us staying up , than I was this time last week , The whole team worked hard , McGinn beginning to look more like his old self , and Sadliar looking like he could develop into a right decent player .

Squad now looks far stronger than the squad at the beginning of the season

Wish that had been the first game of the Season yesterday.

That Team looked very strong and capable of getting high in the league and winning a Cup.

Roll on next Season where glory awaits the Super Saints.

Yeah a bit ironic that the new signings seemed to fit in well and have given us a lift ..... if only we could rewind to beginning of the season !

Still think Thommo is a bit short on match sharpness but he won loads of good headers yesterday and was there when it mattered. If i'm honest I was a bit meh about Gow but will reserve judgement for now. Good result but we need to keep it going as scrap at the bottom is going to the wire and I wouldn't rule Thistle out of it yet

Yeah a bit ironic that the new signings seemed to fit in well and have given us a lift ..... if only we could rewind to beginning of the season !

Still think Thommo is a bit short on match sharpness but he won loads of good headers yesterday and was there when it mattered. If i'm honest I was a bit meh about Gow but will reserve judgement for now. Good result but we need to keep it going as scrap at the bottom is going to the wire and I wouldn't rule Thistle out of it yet

I was a bit meh about Thommo yesterday but, as you say, he WAS there when it mattered.

Dayton impressed... and in his cameo run to feed the ball for Dayton to cross, so did Sadlier, though he seemed a bit Gregg-Wyldeish much of the time.

While Greg Wylde was ok for his short stay on the pitch.

Genev was lovely. :)

Goodwin was a good leader.

ETA: John McGinn seems to have added inches since last I saw him, so his previous ability to barge people off the ball and not be seen to be fouling has deserted him. He was hard-working and looked for things to do (which I thought Sadlier, for example, lacked) , but he needs to be helped to learn how to make his challenges look less reckless.

Edited by bluto

Great win yesterday and very much needed. We have the monkey off our backs hopefully that will give us a platform to build the rest of the season.

What a strange season, some weeks I think we not got a hope in hell of staying in the league then it all changes the next week. The joys of supporting St. Mirren FC!

U missed my first home game of the season yesterday and we bloody win. Maybe I should stay away!

SMTID

I thought he brought out a good save from their keeper in first half and took a lot of heat of Thommo.

Edited by pod