St Mirren V Hamilton Accies 28/02/15

A really hopeless game between two very poor teams. The conditions weren't great granted; driving wind and rain throughout. Regardless, that would have made the most enthusiastic of neutrals eyes bleed. The simplest of passes went astray.

For us Saints fans, superb stuff. A clean sheet and a lesser spotted home win. What more can we ask for? Well, results elsewhere may have not went our way, but all we can do is win our game.

I guess we deserved to win overall, we were probably slightly the better team. We were still rubbish though. I thought our best players were Gow, Genev (sadly injured at half time) and Dayton. The latter of the 3 played a starring role in the games only goal. Great overlap and ball in for the Thommohawks first goal of the season. The legend may be past it this weather, but his presence and personality on the pitch remains a great help to or cause.

Like I said prematch, Accies have been excellent in the 3 matches id seen them in this season. Talk about night and day. They were terrible today, the worst side I've seen in Paisley this season by a distance. It's amazing how much a managers departure can affect a side.

Their scenario kind of reminds me of their situation in 08/09. Impressive, then their top boys all left, then relegated the next season. Just another case of history repeating?

Anyway, we won. Onwards. Kilmarnock and St Johnstone away are our only games in March. 6 points please.

On my way home, great win today, the Bulgarian looks good as does the boy sadlier, he could be excellent, just needs to bulk up a bit.

Alan Gow actually looked good as well.

I'm stopping at asda for peroni :)

Sadlier in particular looks a great player in the making. Fantastic move for the goal started with him on the left. Dragging players out of position and laying it on for Dayton.

Dayton encouraging the West Bank great to see also.

Thommo immense and took goal well. McGinn getting back to his best. Gow linked the play up a bit better second half.

Genev looked like the no nonsense big centre half everyone has been wanting for years. Kept I simple and only one minor mistake.

Back four otherwise played really well. Kelly for recent criticism had a solid second half at the back.

Wylde battled well with Naismith particularly at the end with the ball in the corner for 2-3 mins running down the clock. Effort is all you need to give to keep everyone happy!

Sonupe looked good in 4-5 mins on the park.

Another few performances like that and confidence will return...need to take care of our own business and that is how to do it!

Edited by Bart Simpson

A really hopeless game between two very poor teams. The conditions weren't great granted; driving wind and rain throughout. Regardless, that would have made the most enthusiastic of neutrals eyes bleed. The simplest of passes went astray.

For us Saints fans, superb stuff. A clean sheet and a lesser spotted home win. What more can we ask for? Well, results elsewhere may have not went our way, but all we can do is win our game.

I guess we deserved to win overall, we were probably slightly the better team. We were still rubbish though. I thought our best players were Gow, Genev (sadly injured at half time) and Dayton. The latter of the 3 played a starring role in the games only goal. Great overlap and ball in for the Thommohawks first goal of the season. The legend may be past it this weather, but his presence and personality on the pitch remains a great help to or cause.

Like I said prematch, Accies have been excellent in the 3 matches id seen them in this season. Talk about night and day. They were terrible today, the worst side I've seen in Paisley this season by a distance. It's amazing how much a managers departure can affect a side.

Their scenario kind of reminds me of their situation in 08/09. Impressive, then their top boys all left, then relegated the next season. Just another case of history repeating?

Anyway, we won. Onwards. Kilmarnock and St Johnstone away are our only games in March. 6 points please.

Perhaps black and white specs on but we were miles better than Accies. I agree we could have been better but we were the better team by a long way and had the game to lose most of the match.

Perhaps black and white specs on but we were miles better than Accies. I agree we could have been better but we were the better team by a long way and had the game to lose most of the match.

I agree we were the better team, but we've played better this season and lost. It was hardly as if we were battering their door down and making chance after chance.

They were utterly hopeless. Hasselbaink and Scotland in particular, completely blunt and disinterested.

Regardless, we won, and that's all that matters. However we will need to improve if we are going to get anything in Perth and Kilmarnock next month.

Edited by TopCat

Certainly the better team today. A couple of great saves in the first half kept us out. What a difference a decent back four makes. Looked solid today.

Genev was very good - great to see a decent centrehalf for the first time in years. And the new guys made a huge difference. Gow and Dayton are experienced pros and it showed. Both played a major part today. And great to see some young guys come in that are better than what we have. Sadlier made the first goal and Sonupe looked good when he came on. We now may go to games with a wee touch of belief. :)

Heh heh

From BBC Report...

The biggest scream of the first half came from Accies' Nigel Hasselbaink as he landed after a challenge from Goodwin. Referee Crawford Allan felt a free-kick was sufficient.

happens right in front of me . You would have thought he had Brocken two legs the way he was squealing out. Hasselbaink should have been booked for that. Shite game though a win is a win so will take that. Crawford for Hamilton impressed me, talented youngster