Kieron Tierney And Paul Mcmullan

rjh

A defender and a winger?

Quick google shows that Tierney scored against Hearts in a youth game last season from how own penalty box... Video available as well. Is he a left back?

McMullan was on loan at Stenhousemuir last season and scored 3 in 14 games. Appears that he is a dead ball expert?

We've done well with signings on loan from the Old Firm in recent seasons. Hopefully this pair will do just as well (if true).

A defender and a winger?

Quick google shows that Tierney scored against Hearts in a youth game last season from how own penalty box... Video available as well. Is he a left back?

McMullan was on loan at Stenhousemuir last season and scored 3 in 14 games. Appears that he is a dead ball expert?

We've done well with signings on loan from the Old Firm in recent seasons. Hopefully this pair will do just as well (if true).

Tierney is a left back/left midfielder and McMullan is a striker, who can also play wide. From what I've heard, he's very direct and pretty pacey. Stenny fans rave about him.

Tierney is a left back/left midfielder and McMullan is a striker, who can also play wide. From what I've heard, he's very direct and pretty pacey. Stenny fans rave about him.

stenny fans !!!!!!! what league are they in again ,and he scored 1in 5 ,and numptys on here are getting excited ,I said on another thread that we are now looking at players from ayr and brechin and got abuse ,,when we are now talking Dumbarton and stenny ,when will we realise that we are actually better than that 3rd biggest budget in championship im assured ,,as always with st Mirren it all boils down to cheap ,cheaper and cheapest ,thanks mr gilmour

stenny fans !!!!!!! what league are they in again ,and he scored 1in 5 ,and numptys on here are getting excited ,I said on another thread that we are now looking at players from ayr and brechin and got abuse ,,when we are now talking Dumbarton and stenny ,when will we realise that we are actually better than that 3rd biggest budget in championship im assured ,,as always with st Mirren it all boils down to cheap ,cheaper and cheapest ,thanks mr gilmour

Cool your horse, it's only a rumour.

Remind me where Mark Yardley and Darren McGregor came from? Look at the 3 lads Dundee Utd took from Queens Park and Aidrie (Robertson, Spittal and McKay Stevens). We have no money to buy and not enough to challenge SPL clubs and the like of Hibs and Scumgers. Accept that we are a championship team having just had a crap season and relegated. Some of the bargains are in the lower leagues.

Edited by nedflanders123

Mcmullan is a Celtic player. Biggest club in Scotland.

Stenny r in the league below us. He isn't an out and out striker and they were struggling at the foot of the table so u wouldn't expect a massive goals tally.

We loaned Kenny McLean to Arbroath and he spent a lot of time on the subs bench and didn't score many goals. He did okay for us didn't he?

Remind me where Mark Yardley and Darren McGregor came from? Look at the 3 lads Dundee Utd took from Queens Park and Aidrie (Robertson, Spittal and McKay Stevens). We have no money to buy and not enough to challenge SPL clubs and the like of Hibs and Scumgers. Accept that we are a championship team having just had a crap season and relegated. Some of the bargains are in the lower leagues.

I agree there's good players out there in the lower leagues we just don't seem to get them any more.

I mean we sign 5 players from Cowdenbeath and Dundee sign 1 who made the bigger impact.

I rather have a manager who knows a player when he sees him and has a look at them instead of being lazy and watching DVD's that agents make up.

We have signed some amount of shite the last 2 seasons

Let's hope Mr Murray has a good eye and knows what positions he's after

Stenhousemuir 1 Queen's Park 1 (2-1 on aggregate) - 'Shining light' McMullan secures survival

NEIL CAMERON

Sunday 17 May 2015

PAUL McMULLAN was still posing for selfies long after his team-mates had departed the scene of their triumph.

26289411.jpg

The teenager only joined Stenhousemuir in January and yet it was he more than any other who the young fans wanted a memento of. On their phones, of course. Nobody asks for autographs any more. These supporters might have wondered whether their snap might be worth something a few years from now.

McMullan was shivering and probably desperate to join the party in the dressing room, as his team had done just about enough to stay up and stop Queen's Park from going up. However, every request was fulfilled. This is something he might have to get used to.

The 19-year-old is a Celtic player, loaned out to his local club as it happens, to gain some experience. The winger, as he was on Saturday, was clearly head and shoulders above everyone else and he returns to his parent club just in time for Thursday's Old Firm Youth Cup Final at Hampden Park.

Brown Ferguson, the Stenhousemuir manager, described McMullan as a "shining light" and paid tribute to his attitude, pointing out that not every young player such as he who goes out on loan to a lower league club is prepared to get stuck in as it were.

This young man ticked every box for his part-time team. His superb corner set up Colin McMenamin to score after three minutes, which gave Queen's Park a mountain to climb, which in fairness they almost did.

He returns to Celtic Park a much better player than the one who left in January and given Ronny Deila's keenness to blood young players, McMullan's is a name that might appear in the first-team squad in the not too distant future.

"I'll go back in pre-season with Celtic and see where it goes from there, "he said. "It's been brilliant, I've really enjoyed it. The lads here are different class and made me feel so welcome. It was a new challenge and I really enjoyed it.

"I only stay five minutes from there in Denny. That was another thing which attracted me here was the fact it was close. I've gained experience and confidence from playing in a first team environment. The fans are relying on you to do something and it was a new experience, something I really enjoyed.

"The manager has been really good with me. He's let me go out and play and if I needed any help he's done that, he's been perfect. I've still got two years left at Celtic so I'll be going back there to try and make an impact. If I can't I'll try and go out on loan again and see where it goes.

"There are a few boys at Celtic that have gone out on loan and you can see when they've gone back, that they've matured and they're better players. I think it's a really good thing for the young boys to go on loan."

• 3 weeks later...

FFS is it a full moon tonight as well?

I've met people who can't spell and people who can't use a semi colon.

You're the first person I've met who doesn't know what a fecking comma is.

I'm going to let the lack of capital letters and full stops go.

FFS is it a full moon tonight as well?

I've met people who can't spell and people who can't use a semi colon.

You're the first person I've met who doesn't know what a fecking comma is.

I'm going to let the lack of capital letters and full stops go.

Unlike you to be so pedantic. :unsure:

I guess you're using me as a role model? :)

Btw, your own post could have been improved by judicious placement of at least one comma...

(Also.... When did you actually meet all these people and persons, and where? I'd rather enjoy seeing you handling them.)

Geez get a life pal??? What did you want Barca fans? And thanks to mr g we are not shut shut shut

I've said it before and I'll say it again - what does cheap, cheaper and cheapest mean. The club spends what it takes in and just a little more as we have shown a small loss for the last few years. That is a fact borne out by the audited accounts. So could saltcoatsbuddie, or anyone else who hurls accusations of parsimony at the board, please come on here and explain what the mean? Are they accusing the board of fraud; of syphoning money out of the club; of charging Wonga level rates of interest on loans. What is their case and how do they think we can spend money we don't have?