St Mirren V Bradford City Friendly Match 18/7/15

shull

Of the trialists:

Howieson looked tidy enough going forward bit was lost when asked to do any defensive duties. He never stopped hos man going past him once.

Conlan was decent enough and could do is a turn but looked positionally naive at times.

Malky Moore we didn't see enough of. Played the last 15 with his back solely to goal.

Reilly was Reilly. Nothing there to suggest he'll be given anything other than a handshake and our best wishes on Monday.

Rooney looked like an impressive physical specimen and slightly reminded me of a young Broadfoot. Young, raw but clearly talented.

A centre half and a striker are badly, badly needed.

Edited by djchapsticks

Didn't go to the game. On Friday, went to Tesco and stocked up with crisps, chocs, beer and Pepsi Max for a Saturday / Sunday Open Golf TV stuff-my-face-athon.

Fcuking weather.

You'll need extra supplies now that it won't finish till Monday....................Tesco & Weight Watchers shares going through the roof.

He is as bright as a black hole and twice as dense.

As a football pundit, his views are about as much use as Anne Franks drum kit.

I am giving my new offensive banter joke book a run out.

So far I am quite impressed.

^^^^ absolutely raging! :lol:

I suppose that's what happens when you don't live in the real world!

I hope another couple of strikers coming in are part of Murrays plans. I like both Thompson and Gow, but we are lacking in the final third and need to make competition for places.

We have quite a few forward thinking players in midfield, but we must add to our forward line.

Murray from OS ....

“It was good, I thought we did well. We knocked the ball about quite well at times. Obviously we lack a wee bit up front and in the last third the quality wasn’t perhaps as high as it could have been but we’re still three weeks away from the opening league game so we’ll go and work on that. Overall I thought we matched them fairly well.

“The lad up front has come up and he’s only been here two days. Thomas Reilly is still in with us and we’re going to assess that. The leftback and left midfield have both done very well in the last two weeks so we now need to go away and make a decision.

“The ones that have been there a wee bit longer we need to be fair to them and decide one way or the other. The other lad up front has only been there two or three days so is really hard to assess but we’ve got a load more coming up next week. So we need to make some space. We need to whittle it down now and maybe pick and choose our trialists a little bit better.”

Bit slack at the centre of defence at times including the goal. Ridgers missed a couple of crosses but did make one great save.Biggest worry for me was Thommocloud9.gif who didn't look particularly mobile.

All that and a lady linesman...........

It wasn't Thommo's mobility that worried me, it was his touch and his lay offs, which were often clumsy, mishit or didn't find the man.

We need a striker with pace. Gow and Thompson both have the ability to score goals, but someone to run off them, hassle defenders. That's what Bradford had over us. Kelly, Baird and Ridgers were never allowed to settle on the ball, although they handled it quite well. The boy who scored the goal didn't give them a moments peace and it made a real impact on the way we could move the ball, forced us into a few long punts up the park. Maybe McMullan could play that role, but from his performance yesterday if rather have him out wide, looked a natural winger.