Clarkson And Carey

Sonny

Someone posted 5 hrs ago on the St Mirren Supporters FB page that we are trying to sign Clarkson and Carey. Apparently in the PDE.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2217557490/

Someone posted on Twitter over a week ago the same thing. Not sure how reliable it is and maybe lazy journalism by the PDE, since there is nothing else to report at this time.

Thought I heard something about this but had nothing to back it up. I suppose an article in the PDE also fails to back it up :) . However it is a legitimate rumour and not wild wish lists or names plucked out the air. :)

Offering them deals is one thing, them signing them is quite another.

Would say Carey is far more likely to come than Clarkson. Can see the latter getting another top flight club, Motherwell probably the most likely.

I think we have more chance of landing Clarkson.

Carey still fancies a gig in the top flight, no takers so far though...

Murray must have found the bit of paper with the target signings lying around.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6KrxrHKTmGG6gmBLvt-ayIFy1UhvU6QSwcT4Fc-sjJyPvafnb TC dropped this out his pocket at that meeting and I picked it up ,thought I could start a new thread on the speculation section but I was wrong.

I think we have more chance of landing Clarkson.

Carey still fancies a gig in the top flight, no takers so far though...

I'm sure Clarkson fancies a gig in the top flight too...? And of course he's a proven goalscorer at that level, I'm sure he will get offers from top flight clubs. Not surprising Motherwell and Accies have already expressed an interest.

Carey has been released by two bottom six clubs in the last three seasons, and never established himself in the first team of either. Can't see him getting another top flight club.

Carey annoyed me at times in his second spell with us seen him score some great goals but felt he never progressed!

Didn't see any improvement when he was at County and he spent alot of time on the bench at both club's!

Having said all that I think he could do a turn in the first division!

I don't think Carey will move to another Premier team! So yes give him an offer of a reasonable 1 year contract if he says No move on!

Clarkson was at Motherwell at start of the season and they didn't want him!

I thought he did well at Dundee was playing well and scoring goals and then just disappeared and spent large periods on the Bench!

St.Mirren could offer him regular games! Better getting noticed in the first division than forgotten in the premier on the bench!

Also he would be in his preffered location of Central Scotland!

I think St.Mirren could get both!

I think the championship on paper is just as attractive to any of these players, since they have already had a crack at the spl.

Carey would be useful for his crosses into thommo, corners and free kicks. We all know he has these attributes which could be very valuable in a very competitive league next season.