John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

I reckon the fee of around 100k is most likely at this stage. Hibs seem front runners at the moment.

But why £100k? As has been said Telfer's fee was over £200k and the highest level he played was in the third tier. McGinn has almost 100 top division appearances and is the Scotland U21 captain. I say if a Uk club want to sign him for less than £200k then go to the tribunal.

His agent is a scumbag? Is he holding a knife to McGinn's throat? McGinn is old enough to know what's what, McGinn is a snake and that's all there is to it, an ungrateful little rat.

He's a snake and an ungrateful little rat because he wants to move to a club that will pay him a higher wage?

Why?

Does this apply to every young player who ever moves on?

He's a snake and an ungrateful little rat because he wants to move to a club that will pay him a higher wage?

Why?

it's the way he's went about is he's only 20 and is desperate to get away from our club.

So f**k him

Why?

it's the way he's went about is he's only 20 and is desperate to get away from our club.

So f**k him

So f**k him

What do you mean by "the way he went about it"?

He didn't sign a new contract. What more is there to it?

Is there something about the way that he didn't sign the contract that was different from other players not signing contracts?

Did he rip the offer up and shit on it or something?

Players come and go but St Mirren FC is a constant. I'm in the f#ck him camp - we needed him to step up to the plate last season but he failed to deliver. Then he chooses to leave fair enough, but suing the club for a training ground prank leaves a sour taste. Will be a "Junior Mendes" scenario if he signs for Hibs imo

But why £100k? As has been said Telfer's fee was over £200k and the highest level he played was in the third tier. McGinn has almost 100 top division appearances and is the Scotland U21 captain. I say if a Uk club want to sign him for less than £200k then go to the tribunal.

As i mentioned, we may be forced to take this one on the chin for a knock down, if the opportunity is still open for him to move to a club overseas for hee haw. Any UK club could be outpriced of our valuation.

Edited by kevo_smfc

What do you mean by "the way he went about it"?

He didn't sign a new contract. What more is there to it?

Is there something about the way that he didn't sign the contract that was different from other players not signing contracts?

Did he rip the offer up and shit on it or something?

He couldn't care less about our club.

His performance last season explains all

He's doing all he can to get out of our club.

There's nothing wrong about what you've mentioned that why Kenny McLean has a lot of respect from our fans.

John has went about it in a shit way he posts on Twitter a lot don't think he post he was gutted we were relegated or has said thanks to the fans

I hope that we're trying to hurry this along, we don't want negativity surrounding the team. We have lots of new players and a management team eager to make an impact. I think Mallan is potentially a better player anyway so really take the money and move on...he's a good player but he's no Maradona.

McGinns agent has played this very well. Throwing in his visit to Houston Dynamos last week, i think this has weakened our bargaining hand when dealing with both Dundee Utd and Hibs.

I reckon the fee of around 100k is most likely at this stage. Hibs seem front runners at the moment.

It just so happens that Owen Coyle is the Houston manager and it's not been unknown for Scottish managers to be friendly with Scottish agents. Coyle has also been saying all the right things about McGinn - I just wonder if it's purely lip service and he has no interest at all in signing him. McGinn for that matter may not have any interest in going to America aswell, he is still only 20 after all and from a tight knit family.

I think we should hold out for a lot closer to 200k (that seems to be the tribunal figure getting bandied about). Tribunal decisions in cases like this tend not to be too much of a surprise as the fee due is based on total outlay (ie wages) to date. So I don't think the board will feel forced into accepting much less than they know they can get.