John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

That always comes back and bites us on the arse.

If we get a few quid for him, it's probably best to recall his cup winning exploits if we want to be nostalgic, or promptly forget all about him. He has a way to go to recover form, so hopefully he won't unduly trouble us.

Goodwin to do him one, which will see him get a nice wee red card. Of course, it'll be in the tunnel as Jim will be co-ordinating the subs all season.

If the clubs have agreed a development fee, then the money should be available as soon as Hibs put it into our account.

Maybe bucking the trend here, but I hope the majority of the money is put by in a 'rainy-day' fund that can be used to keep the Club afloat (re wages etc) at 'tight' parts of the season. Perhaps that will save us selling off the family jewels cheaply (ala McLean) to pay the staff their wages.

Prolonged booing when he visits St.Mirren Park? whistling.gif

I won't be!

I will be applauding any ex-Saints Cup-winning player.

John has given me many good memories of his play, in his time with us.

He played for peanuts for most, if not all of his career with us. I am sure if we offered him a decent wage he may well have re-signed.

Good Luck to him.

Knowing us we've accepted two Chomp's and a packet of Space Raiders for him then.

Probably but the club can only make money on the acadamy players if the individual players and their agents co-operate. The Fullerton and McGinn's of the world don't. I hope it doesn't discourage the BoD from investing in the acadamy as it's the way to go for us and it is great to see a team packed with home grown talent. Looking forward to the next star leaving on great terms for the club and him.

Hard to beat the massive boofest that Mendes encountered.

Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

It's the most booing I've ever heard aimed at one player.

It looked like it worked as he was dreadful and got subbed after less than an hour.

He played for peanuts for most, if not all of his career with us. I am sure if we offered him a decent wage he may well have re-signed.

In your dreams.

My comment, with respect to booing, was tongue in cheek.

As another poster has said, "John Who?". I won't be booing him, but then again I won't be clapping him.

Edited by FTOF

Get shot?

FFS, he is already gone, some weeks ago. How much longer before people get their heads around that

He's not free to play for another club until we've been compensated. Him being a free agent and not training with us means nothing until another club values him enough to pay the development fee. We could have either waived that or allowed him to twist in the wind all season. So yes, we should be realistic about compensation and "get shot" of him, it's not that complex really.

From STV Sport...

Hibernian have agreed a fee with St Mirren for midfielder John McGinn - with the 20-year-old set to sign for the Easter Road club subject to a medical.The Scotland Under-21 captain - who has made close to 100 senior appearances - is a free agent having left the Paisley club following the end of his contract last season.McGinn will now join Hibs after the Easter Road club agreed a development fee with St Mirren for the midfielder - as confirmed by Alan Stubbs on Thursday.The midfielder spent a week training with MLS side the Houston Dynamo earlier this month, with Owen Coyle keen to complete a deal for the midfielder.However, MLS regulations on non-US and Canadian players meant the Dynamo's move for McGinn was ultimately scuppered.The 20-year-old missed the final few weeks of last season after being spiked in the thigh with a training pole thrown by Buddies captain Steven Thompson - with McGinn taking legal action.But the midfielder is now fully fit again and will sign for Hibernian subject to the passing of a medical examination.

Good luck for the future John, but I hope we pump you and your new team.

Yes, and if Murray wants to comment on any team, its his right, Hibs have their knickers in a twist cause Allan doesn't want to play for them, McGinn doesn't want to play for us, fine, lets make sure we get the Dev money and he can piss off. He was so shit last year and hid,

Lord Pityme- Geez..... Murray inherited this, he is gaffer, and he deserves support from eh supporters, away and join Dicko on the Question Time forum, or if you are the Saints "fan" you claim to be , come on with some at least positive criticism, your just self winding, because being controversial demands intelligence

Is it?

Is it any managers's right to tell another manager to sell one of his players? Are you from this planet?

So you suggest we support Murray even if he stupidly comments on another teams players when he didn't have to, or any other act of stupidty/poor judgement? The guy needs to learn how to work the media, all he has done here is let them work him for a comment.

By the way he (McGinn) cant piss off as you put it. He left the club sometime ago. Being intelligent demands knowing at least some facts!

I agree totally, yes I was irked when I seen that article, Murray should be concentrating on St Mirren and not getting involved in Hibs/Sevco issues ....oh dear!

I'm sure, like most of us, Murray is capable on concentrating on his job, but has the capability to comment on other matters.

I'm sure, like most of us, Murray is capable on concentrating on his job, but has the capability to comment on other matters.

Aye, some folk are clearly inventing things to wring their hands over. Worrying, given the bloody season hasn't even kicked off.