Lawrence Shankland - Confirmed Signing

Aye, this is beyond tedious. If they come, fine, if they don't, others will.

Exactly Drew. Personally speaking, if Shankland is that good then he would be either knocking at the door of the first team or playing for a bigger club than us. I am not sure why some think he is the solution to our shortage of goals? As for another keeper, I would approach Samson and offer him a deal.

Exactly Drew. Personally speaking, if Shankland is that good then he would be either knocking at the door of the first team or playing for a bigger club than us. I am not sure why some think he is the solution to our shortage of goals? As for another keeper, I would approach Samson and offer him a deal.

Remember though, Murray is looking for a goalie/coach and I'm not sure Samson would like to take up coaching at this stage of his career. Could be wrong - there is the possibility of bringing in a part-time goalie coach I suppose, leaving us free to sign a 'keeper, but don't see it happening.

Edited by ulysses

They don't come bigger than us.smile.png

Well worth waiting on IMO. Both the Aberdeen lads will significantly improve our squad IMO.

I've no doubt both will be welcomed and useful, but the season is now well on its way and.... I know, I know.... IM did say it might take till August before he got some players in, but...

This seems like neither a professional nor simply, basically a 'good' way to run a fitba team.

We've all known what was needed and when the fitba started.

Even I am turning to the idea that SG et al are trying for constructive dismissal. Of themselves.

It's poor. :(

Edited by bluto

I've no doubt both will be welcomed and useful, but the season is now well on its way and.... I know, I know.... IM did say it might take till August before he got some players in, but...

This seems like neither a professional nor simply, basically a 'good' way to run a fitba team.

Even I am turning to the idea that SG et al are trying for constructive dismissal. Of themseves.

I'd much rather wait and get the players we want rather than dive in and end up with shit like we did last season.

Good things come to those who wait :-)

Even I am turning to the idea that SG et al are trying for constructive dismissal. Of themseves.

Been a pish state of affairs for quite a wee while now, but the bouncebackability of us fans is known, it's accepted and frankly simply expected. Something like build it and they will come . But I've not seen any foundations for seasons now.

Still , it's onwards......................

I think some people are forgetting where we are in the pecking order at present. Last season when we were paying significantly higher wages these type of signings would probably have been sorted within days. Now that we're not such big a draw,negotiations take longer for these types of player. We're not exactly noted for our patience, but it's something we'll need to get used to.

I'd much rather wait and get the players we want rather than dive in and end up with shit like we did last season.

Good things come to those who wait :-)

Yes this time last season we were told no more signings.

This season we have identified who we need and are patiently waiting until they become available. I.M. has consistently said we would wait until August to try and secure the players that we want.

I don't understand why people are now worried that he is doing exactly what he said he would.