Lawrence Shankland - Confirmed Signing

Aye, possibly so. I certainly hope so, for their sakes, as much as anything else. Talk about a big build up.

I think, for all he has critics. Few would deny Langfield is a very good keeper. He's been at Aberdeen for 10 seasons, competing at the top end of the top league for the last few of those and holding his own. He's a very good keeper and he will undoubtedly help develop Ridgers and Wilks.

Shankland is VERY highly thought of. A natural goalscorer. The likes of which we haven't had at the club since Basher. Still very raw, but playing alongside the likes of Thompson, and partnering Gallagher could give us some real attacking options.

If we have Gow, Thommo, Gallagher, Shankland and McMullan as striking options compare it to last season where we had Ball, Marwood & Reilly !

There is no doubt in my mind that these two players will make us a much stronger prospect.

I've no doubt both will be welcomed and useful, but the season is now well on its way and.... I know, I know.... IM did say it might take till August before he got some players in, but...

This seems like neither a professional nor simply, basically a 'good' way to run a fitba team.

We've all known what was needed and when the fitba started.

Even I am turning to the idea that SG et al are trying for constructive dismissal. Of themseves.

It's poor. :(

Yeah if they sign mate, longer it drags on the more likely they will sign for somebody else.

I hope we have other targets incase.

Been a pish state of affairs for quite a wee while now, but the bouncebackability of us fans is known, it's accepted and frankly simply expected. Something like build it and they will come . But I've not seen any foundations for seasons now.

Still , it's onwards......................

Aye, possibly so. I certainly hope so, for their sakes, as much as anything else. Talk about a big build up.

Can I offer up a thought in line with the mounting frustration/despair echoed in the posts quoted..?

You can look at Murray's statement "it might take/be into August before I secure who I want" (excuse if its not word for word).

1. He has identified his targets, opened negotiations with players/clubs and is waiting until they (player/club) are ready to make the deal once their individual needs have been met?

2. He is hoping like f**k he will be able to pick a couple up who are struggling to get what they want as the transfer window closes?

My fear is we will be the shopper bursting into Asda Linwood at 1 minute to closing time on Christmas eve to get all the festive food, drink and presents they promised sorted before the window of opportunity closes..!

Then instead of getting the perfect gift for our loved one, we end up talking home a bunch of Petrol Station flowers no one else wanted even though they were marked down, for looking a bit ropey.

I do hope it is indeed number one, as we have been in this situation every season now waiting till the last minute and beyond for "The One"!

I think, for all he has critics. Few would deny Langfield is a very good keeper. He's been at Aberdeen for 10 seasons, competing at the top end of the top league for the last few of those and holding his own. He's a very good keeper and he will undoubtedly help develop Ridgers and Wilks.

Shankland is VERY highly thought of. A natural goalscorer. The likes of which we haven't had at the club since Basher. Still very raw, but playing alongside the likes of Thompson, and partnering Gallagher could give us some real attacking options.

If we have Gow, Thommo, Gallagher, Shankland and McMullan as striking options compare it to last season where we had Ball, Marwood & Reilly !

There is no doubt in my mind that these two players will make us a much stronger prospect.

I just posted on the Dumbarton match day thread waxing lyrical about our young defence

put our two posts together then we have a cracking team thumbup2.gif

GOW as a striking option..?

Now that is funny, so far he has proven to be unable to hit a cow on the arse with a banjo. Gets knocked off the ball if a seagull swoops within 50 metres of him!

If we get Langfield, Shankland, and a centre half, we would be looking well on the way to having a squad that should compete towards the top of this league.

I still have some concerns over our left flank, however, based on the performance on Friday. Shouldn't be greedy, though. Hopefully things will fall into place.

Edited by Drew

I thought better of some(!) of you. We aren't going to win the league no matter what. Sevco will win the league. The various odds of 1/3 to 1/5 tell you that now they have a more capable manager. So the aim is finish as high as possible and have the best possible squad for the play-offs. To that end even it means waiting another 2 weeks - if necessary - to get the best possible players in the manager's eyes is an absolute no brainer. I'd be very surprised if the manager isn't confident he'll sign his targets and even then has a fallback plan.

If we get Langfield, Shankland, and a centre half, we would be looking well on the way to having a squad that should compete towards the top of this league.

I still have some concerns over our left flank, however, based on the performance on Friday. Shouldn't be greedy, though. Hopefully things will fall into place.

We might be sold by the end of the month too?

Can I offer up a thought in line with the mounting frustration/despair echoed in the posts quoted..?

You can look at Murray's statement "it might take/be into August before I secure who I want" (excuse if its not word for word).

1. He has identified his targets, opened negotiations with players/clubs and is waiting until they (player/club) are ready to make the deal once their individual needs have been met?

2. He is hoping like f**k he will be able to pick a couple up who are struggling to get what they want as the transfer window closes?

My fear is we will be the shopper bursting into Asda Linwood at 1 minute to closing time on Christmas eve to get all the festive food, drink and presents they promised sorted before the window of opportunity closes..!

Then instead of getting the perfect gift for our loved one, we end up talking home a bunch of Petrol Station flowers no one else wanted even though they were marked down, for looking a bit ropey.

I do hope it is indeed number one, as we have been in this situation every season now waiting till the last minute and beyond for "The One"!

that's harsh, i honestly think we are assembling a very decent all be it young squad

u have to remember for his first season in charge so far we have replaced 'journey men' with some talented young individuals and i for one believe this is the way forward for the future, yeah were short on cover but so far i am very pleased with what has been done so far

can't u just get on the good vibe train and see where it takes us as the last few years have been dross and imo this start has been and is a breath of fresh air

lets just wait and see where we are come the end of the month before we judge

onwards and upwards i say

I think some are overestimating the strength of our opposition.

If we were to have a frontline of Shankland, Thompson, McMullan, Gallagher we would easily be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league (if we arent already....i suspect we are). Sort out the problems in defence (keeper, centre back and left back) and we should be looking to take the title.

That would mean 4 new signings. Unrealistic?

I told you to watch this space. Left sided player and a familiar facewhistling.gif