Morton V St Mirren Championship

shull

Started slow as expected away from home, settled in quite well as the first half went on and did ok.

Early red card in 2nd f**ked us. Was a foul and probably a yellow but never a red. Lead with his studs to the ground. Ref should have took a second to think about it.

Taking Agnew off was a decent shout, wasn't having a great game in there and time to grind out the next 20 mins or so.

Had a wee spell where we were looking ok and then last 10 mins was all Morton as expected.

Down to 10 men, quite happy with a point.

Langfield MOM, best keeper in the division and a I know Ridgers isn't rated on here but we probably have the best 2nd choice keeper also.

Hopefully 2 new additions will come in early next week to add some fire power up front and some guidance for the young defenders.

COYS

Oh dear...

He posted that 28mins ago.

Thats a weak comment for 28mins of comeback brainstorming LMAO

Im hiding my face now.. you know when shaggin is on the telly when your in the same room as yer parents

I only just read it you tool.

As for the rest of your post, you probably don't even know who your parents are. :P

Virgin

Nerve wracking from start to finish. Both teams were up for it. Great performance from Langfield. Loads of room for improvement but every one of those guys gave 100 per cent tonight which is a massive improvement on last season. Don't know what to expect game to game but it's pretty addictive stuff. Looking forward to spanking the team with no tradition.

Can only see us getting better. The sending off worked in our favour. It galvanised the team. Gallagher looked good and the defence were pretty solid after the ridiculous red card.

Also I thought SPL refs were terrible. That one tonight was abysmal

SPL refs ARE terrible . It's the same who sent off Thommo and didn't give kenny mcleans 'goal'off the bar and across the line against Motherwell last year

Can we try and cut out the petty arguing and childish posts that clog up the forum? There are actually quite a lot of interesting points being made on the match and the current state of the team in between all the dross here.

Have we the slowest and least imaginative midfiled in Scotland? Thought they were playing a game of statues most of the game. Little running off the ball, pressing forward or going beyond Thommo. Passes being thought about for 5 mins before a decision being made.

However Langfiled, Goodwin and Thommo got us through that game with their savvy. McMullan could be a fantastic player for us but please bring him in as he is wasted so far wide. Special praise to Goodwin when we went down to 10 men when he was immense.

Langfield - some great saves and could of caught the ball instead of punching on few occasions

Watson - solid debut

Baird - didn't do anything wrong was good

Kelly - thought he was pretty poor struggled against there big striker

Conlan - he started well but thought he was pretty poor yet again

McMullan - most positive player always looking forward to create or run at opponent

Agnew - struggled to get into the game

Carswell - pretty quiet game didnt see him get involved much

Goody - gave everything got stuck in

Howieson - offered little going forward always looks for the simple pass backwards

Thommo - struggled with pretty poor service Up top on his own will never see the best of him unless we get decent delivery into the box.

Gallagher - want to see him start with Thommo his did well when he came on with 10 men

Ref didn't help at all tonight but we have to improve was pretty poor performance from us again

Edited by buddies1877

wait till the morning, when you are sober and realise you might one day you have to say that to my face

i am pishing myself at he very thought

Again, f**k off!

PM me where you want to chat 'big man'.

What a pitiful character you are. Threatening people on a football forum.

I await your message.

Who was actually putting there foot on the ball and dictating the tempo of the game? We were playing Morton, not Dundee United or Motherwell ffs. Can't get my head around at the fact that some of our fans are happy with grinding out a point against Morton? Come on to f**k!

I am not having a go at Murray but have to say I have been disappointed with our start to the season and I think a few others are to. I was caught up in the usual long close season and thinking things will be great come start of new season. Same old disappointment. Guess I am just getting too old and miserable for my own good.:-( Excited ahead of Derby and in all honesty it was rubbish as was Dumbarton at home last weekend. :-(

The football I have seen and read about in first few games has actually been pretty poor stuff so far.