Craig Reid

Ronnie

Jesus christ.... What is it with theses injuries?

Watson out for 8-12, he had injury problems at Hibs. Now Reid signed who has had injury problems at Motherwell.

How long till Naismith is back?

I was talking to Jason last week,he reckons March before he'll be ready to play again.

Anyone else noticed that there's a lot more injuries this season? Not just at St Mirren - everywhere.

I blame those daft boots they're all wearing. Nae support in them

Absolutely agree. Many of our senior clubs are now training on astro grass and players are still using blade footwear, designed to grip and tear, on a surface that simply doesn't allow grip and tear at all.

I was in Florida last month and was talking to the people I know who own the World Soccer Shop at the Florida Mall and now at Disney Springs as well. I believe they were also partly involved in the setting up of Orlando City. Anyway I've always found these guys really knowledgeable when it comes to football footwear and the technology that is being developed. This time round the owner showed me a pair of football boots that they had just started to stock. They were made by Puma and cost - if I remember correctly - around $150. They looked very lightweight, much lighter than even the Nike Superflys - or pink wellies as I prefer to call them - that my youngest son was getting very excited about. Then he showed me Puma's marketing literature. These boots were "only to be worn for your BEST matches" not in training as they were only expected to last a maximum of 10 matches.

Heres a picture of the sticker on the bottom of the boot.

Puma-evoSPEED-SL-Camo-10-games.jpg

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Anyone else noticed that there's a lot more injuries this season? Not just at St Mirren - everywhere.

I blame those daft boots they're all wearing. Nae support in them

Would be interesting to see if there's any data to back this up.

I know there's a site in England who keep track of injuries, and I believe their stats show they've been decreasing year on year.

Absolutely agree. Many of our senior clubs are now training on astro grass and players are still using blade footwear, designed to grip and tear, on a surface that simply doesn't allow grip and tear at all.

I was in Florida last month and was talking to the people I know who own the World Soccer Shop at the Florida Mall and now at Disney Springs as well. I believe they were also partly involved in the setting up of Orlando City. Anyway I've always found these guys really knowledgeable when it comes to football footwear and the technology that is being developed. This time round the owner showed me a pair of football boots that they had just started to stock. They were made by Puma and cost - if I remember correctly - around $150. They looked very lightweight, much lighter than even the Nike Superflys - or pink wellies as I prefer to call them - that my youngest son was getting very excited about. Then he showed me Puma's marketing literature. These boots were "only to be worn for your BEST matches" not in training as they were only expected to last a maximum of 10 matches.

I took a picture of the sticker on the bottom of the boot.

Your 'Best' matches eh?

Gow's pair must still be in the wrapper?

I know there's a site in England who keep track of injuries, and I believe their stats show they've been decreasing year on year.

I agree, in the good old / bad old days people could hurtle into all sorts of challenges, now you get red and yellow cards ten a penny. I remember that it wasn't a foul if you got the ball first then followed through to take out the player.

http://backpagefootball.com/modern-football-boots-and-injuries-an-unhappy-coincidence/101082/

http://www.squawka.com/news/full-list-players-who-have-suffered-an-anterior-cruciate-ligament-injury-in-2015/491565

Seen a few reports recently, linked 2 above. Seems there is some evidence to back it up. The manufacturers won't be quick to admit this, though.

Heres a picture of the sticker on the bottom of the boot.

That is interesting. I'll bet there's more than a few players in Scotland playing and training in those kind of boots day in day out, not realising they ain't designed for that purpose...

BPL players with Adidas/Nike/Puma sponsorship deals no doubt get new pairs a lot more frequently than our SPFL players do..

Defender signed on Emergency loan from Motherwell as Watson out for 8-12 Weeks.

Do not know much about the lad Reid but I hope he pays well for us. It is a pity about Watson however it would be pure folly to offer him another contract beyond January.