Dumbarton v St Mirren SPFL Championship 17/9/16

shull

YOU ARE HERE: HOME / FAN ZONE / ROADWORKS ON ERSKINE BRIDGE – 17TH SEPTEMBER

Roadworks on Erskine Bridge – 17th September

SEPTEMBER 8, 2016 BY ADMIN

Erskine-Bridge-DGI-300x140.jpgWould all fans going to the game at Dumbarton on Saturday 17th September please take note of the statement below by Scotland TranServ in relation to works which start on Erskine Bridge on 17th September that will create an expected increase in the travel time for those using the bridge

A898 Erskine Bridge

Installation of tower aircraft navigation lighting

As part of a £3.25m investment by Transport Scotland to upgrade lighting on the A898 at Erskine Bridge, weekend works at the top of the two Bridge towers will commence on Saturday 17 September.

Principal Contractor, Lightways will access the towers to replace the existing aircraft navigation lamps with new LED lights. Operatives will be working at heights of 40 metres above the bridge deck therefore to protect both the workforce and road users, offside lane closures will be required in both directions on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 September and again on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 September 2016. Traffic management will be in operation from 6.00am to 6.00pm each day.

It is expected that journey times will increase by approximately 45 minutes and road users are advised to plan ahead using Traffic Scotland’s WEBSITE and TWITTER feed for real time traffic information.

Scotland TranServ is currently overseeing the 28 week programme which will result in up to 70% in energy savings for Transport Scotland.

Operating company representative for Scotland TranServ, Andy Fraser said:

“We have considered all the available options for carrying out this work and the safest way for the contractor to access the towers and install the new lighting is during daylight hours under offside lane closures.

“Delays are expected to be around 45 minutes therefore we would urge road users to plan ahead and leave plenty of time for their journeys.”

The cycle and pedestrian lanes on the eastbound side of the Bridge will remain closed during the works with the westbound side operating as normal.

Feck never seen this thread ... delete mine please.

It's a long, lonely walk for a losing manager across the pitch at the cheaper insurance direct stadium.

We will likely go 4-4-2 again. Mallan and Hutton in the centre of midfield, Webster and McKenzie at the back and Langfield in goal.

Who's going?

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

One way of looking at it I suppose. Another is that this may just be the start of another chapter.

A win ad results elsewhere going our way might just see us in 6th place after close of play.

Who knows!!!

And yes - I am the eternal optimist.

Leibniz would probably have reconsidered his work if he supported a team like St. Mirren. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 hours ago, TopCat said:

Feck never seen this thread ... delete mine please.

It's a long, lonely walk for a losing manager across the pitch at the cheaper insurance direct stadium.

We will likely go 4-4-2 again. Mallan and Hutton in the centre of midfield, Webster and McKenzie at the back and Langfield in goal.

Who's going?

What's the latest on Quinn, anyone know? We really need to beef up the centre midfield and make us at least hard to beat....teams ghost through our midfield and get to our pretty weak defence with ease!

When we got a few results last season, Clarkson played between the midfield and one striker, dropping in to become an extra midfielder when needed. So we were playing a 4-4-1-1. That seemed to work ok. This season we've persisted with 2 up front and 2 wingers which has left us far more exposed in the centre of the park.

I'd go back to 4-4-1-1 with Clarkson in behind one striker, change as much of the defence as is feasibly possible (Irvine - Gordon - McKenzie - Stewart?), and toss a coin between the two keepers.

I won't be there either.

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Leibniz would probably have reconsidered his work if he supported a team like St. Mirren. 

Very true - it does try the theory out to the limits........

In philosophy, Leibniz is most noted for his optimism, i.e. his conclusion that our Universe is, in a restricted sense, the best possible one that God could have created, an idea that was often lampooned by others such as Voltaire. Leibniz, along with René Descartesand Baruch Spinoza, was one of the three great 17th-century advocates of rationalism. The work of Leibniz anticipated modern logicand analytic philosophy, but his philosophy also looks back to the scholastic tradition, in which conclusions are produced by applying reason to first principles or prior definitions rather than to empirical evidence.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Very true - it does try the theory out to the limits........

In philosophy, Leibniz is most noted for his optimism, i.e. his conclusion that our Universe is, in a restricted sense, the best possible one that God could have created, an idea that was often lampooned by others such as Voltaire. Leibniz, along with René Descartesand Baruch Spinoza, was one of the three great 17th-century advocates of rationalism. The work of Leibniz anticipated modern logicand analytic philosophy, but his philosophy also looks back to the scholastic tradition, in which conclusions are produced by applying reason to first principles or prior definitions rather than to empirical evidence.

But did he play football and did he get his coaching badges at Largs  if not, his opinion doesn't matter.