shull

Kyle Magennis

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Kyle said something along the lines of when he knew there was an opportunity to move to Hibs, he was excited by it.

I don't blame him for this, bigger club, more money etc, and the club, when it became clear he wanted to move, accepted the offer.

That doesn't mean he did the dirty on us, he made a decision to join Hibs to advance his career, fair enough. However, all this outrage on his behalf, and statements from his family criticizing the board, is bizarre. He was a decent player for us, not a world-beater but decent. He left to further his career, good on him. But please don't portray him as some sort of modern black and white hero.

Personally, I'm more concerned that it appears JG wasn't party to the decision to sell, and that it takes us to the last day of the window to sign defensive reinforcements, and one of them is injured.

I don't disagree,, 

But what am saying is who do you think knew first that Hibs were sniffing about.   Kyle or Stmirren ? ? 

3 hours ago, God of war said:

Ffs he wouldnt sign new contract, is injury prone and would have left end of season. Hasn't played a game and certainly wasn't going be some kind of saviour. Fully back club on this taking money before he walks for nothing....Fully back club on this taking money before he walks for nothing.......

Oh look a "new" poster spouting utter pish, just in time to defend the honour of our failing board members.  What a coincidence, what a coincidence indeed.

Lets deal with this keyboard boak shall we.

1)  Ffs he wouldnt sign new contract, - You know that do you?  Also he was our player and our Captain.

2)   is injury prone and would have left end of season - Well if he was that injury prone why did JG make him the Captain?  All players get injuries and Kyle has just been a bit unlucky.  Again you seem to know that he was off at the end of the season.  What a well informed producer of boak you are

3)  Hasn't played a game and certainly wasn't going be some kind of saviour - He was our Captain so the manager clearly (and rightly) rated him.  Quite the stupid point you have made.

4)  Fully back club on this taking money before he walks for nothing....- Of course you do.  Why type the other boak though? 

Well I find your contribution to be nothing more than idiotic spew, idiotic spew indeed.

Edited by TediousTom
a slight error in the spelling dept has caught my eye

For all those criticising the board on this and claiming Kyle didn't want the move.

From the horse's mouth:

"“Everyone knows what St Mirren means to me as a club (Obviously not that much) but this was a challenge that excited me and that I really wanted to take on.”

How can anyone say he was forced out by a greedy board?

Edited by stlucifer

For all those pishing themselves here is an interview with Goody on NOTTHEOLDFIRM website ......

St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin is delighted with the signings of Rangers talent Daniel Finlayson and Coventry City left-back Brandon Mason.

The Buddies made two moves on the final day of the transfer window, first signing defender Finlayson on a season-long loan deal with an option to buy from Rangers. Next it was Mason, the left-back joining on a season-long loan from Coventry City.

Goodwin has explained the motives behind these signings, dismissing reports that Mason could miss between 6-8 weeks of action with knee ligament damage.

“Daniel Finlayson is an upcoming centre-half who’s had really good development at Rangers and in the USL in America with Orange League County,” said Goodwin.

“It’s a good standard below the MLS and he’s been playing every week over there. The guys in our academy are doing great work in bringing quality players through. I feel at the moment we are lacking in that defensive part.

“We don’t have anybody to bridge the gap between the academy and the first-team at centre-back or full-back. I feel Daniel is a good one to do that. Rangers have been good enough to allow us to have a closer look at him, see how he is training with the first-team.

“Brandon Mason is one we’ve been looking to try and get done for a little while. With the sale of Kyle Magennis going through a couple of days ago, that’s allowed me some funds to get this done.

“Brandon’s a good, young, attacking left-back, he ticks a lot of boxes. He’s had great experience down at Coventry and being part of a very successful team last season. There was a lot of things flying about on social media I believe and I think a few directors were nervous about the situation off the back of what was being said. But we do our due diligence on every player we bring in and their medical records.

“The last thing we would do is sign a player who’s out long-term, that wouldn’t make any sense. The facts are that Brandon picked up a slight knock on his knee in training and he’s about a week away from full fitness.

“People were saying he’s not going to be available until January, it’s nonsense, people starting rumours without any facts on the matter. We’ve got a really good deal in place, Coventry have been very fair, we won’t pay for Brandon until he comes to the club which will hopefully be next week.”

More arrivals?

The transfer window may be closed but Goodwin isn’t ruling out potential additions to his squad. St Mirren’s manager says the free agency market will be looked at in the near future.

“The board have been very supportive of me in my time here,” said Goodwin. “They gave me what the club could afford and for the last couple of weeks things have been tight. We’d have liked to have got another one or two players in earlier than what we have done.

“This Kyle Magennis money has allowed us to bring in Finlayson, Mason and hopefully, one or two others. There is a free agent market out there at the moment. Over the next seven-10 days we’ll take our time and look over that market.

“Hopefully we’ll come up with one or two names over the line. There’s funds still available to me.”

As much as I would have preferred KM to remain as a St Mirren player for the foreseeable future, it would be immoral to have the young man held hostage as a St Mirren player against his will and to deny him the opportunity to maximize his earnings. Good luck to him.

50 minutes ago, Sonny said:

For all those pishing themselves here is an interview with Goody on NOTTHEOLDFIRM website ......

Why not give this information direct to the fans via the St Mirren TV channel?

21 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Why not give this information direct to the fans via the St Mirren TV channel?

I am pretty sure it was NOTTHEOLDFIRM requesting an interview rather than Goody contacting them. Since we have a game tomorrow I dare say there will be an interview with Goody which covers the above. NTOF just got in first. No big deal IMHO.

Edit to Add... And Ben Banks of NTOF very frequently posts articles on St Mirren and has interviews with players and former players eg Cody Cooke and Gavin Reilly over the last couple of weeks..

Edited by Sonny
Edit to Add...

The people on twitter who are accusing the club of lying are the ones who manipulated the poll to name the streets on the site of the old stadium.

After said manipulation of the poll to include one of the streets named after their pal, they lied and said it was after a player with the same surname.

See if you lie once, you're a liar.

13 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Oh look a "new" poster spouting utter pish, just in time to defend the honour of our failing board members.  What a coincidence, what a coincidence indeed.

Lets deal with this keyboard boak shall we.

1)  Ffs he wouldnt sign new contract, - You know that do you?  Also he was our player and our Captain.

2)   is injury prone and would have left end of season - Well if he was that injury prone why did JG make him the Captain?  All players get injuries and Kyle has just been a bit unlucky.  Again you seem to know that he was off at the end of the season.  What a well informed producer of boak you are

3)  Hasn't played a game and certainly wasn't going be some kind of saviour - He was our Captain so the manager clearly (and rightly) rated him.  Quite the stupid point you have made.

4)  Fully back club on this taking money before he walks for nothing....- Of course you do.  Why type the other boak though? 

Well I find your contribution to be nothing more than idiotic spew, idiotic spew indeed.

By christ you are thick as f**k!

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

“I had a conversation with the manager [Jim Goodwin] and [CEO] Tony Fitzpatrick and said it was a good opportunity for me and I’d like to go - but I wasn’t going to fall out with anybody over it."

Canny be true, as a few on here claim to see through it. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Can't  understand.................. Magennis on Hibs substitute bench to-night, six days after Goodwin moaning about lack of players to fill his bench.

Obviously prefers their bench to ours. :rolleyes: