shull

Kyle Magennis

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry bud but Kyle owes us nothing.

We are obliged by law to pay injured players and it was probably an insurance job.

He's been given his chance at the exact right age and he has every right to grab it.

It's obviously shit to lose a good player but this is a good day for our club if you believe that producing top talent from scratch is what our values are based on. Another boy graduates and we should celebrate that.

Nah sorry  I watch a Club that has taken on Rangers and Celtic and played in Europe. I pay good money to support my local team. This graduation stuff is corny bullshit.

9 minutes ago, pod said:

Why.  We are what we are and always have been.  Anybody that was anyone with money to pump into a team, deserted the town a long time ago. 

Read the rest of my post... if I wanted trophy laiden seasons and superstar teams I would have supported the Old Firm - they are just 5 mins down the road at the end of the day.

There would have been many steps the club could have taken to soften the blow of the age-old tale of a St Mirren player going to a bigger club - we are all used to this by now. Many fans are now fed up with the club's actions.

There is absolutely no need or benefit to the statement we released.

We should be gracious and concentrate on bringing through the next academy graduate captain, and short term look at a competent replacement to prevent what looks like a real danger of relegation.

Worrying that the clubs first motivation in that statement was to protect their own arse. Surely they know that Kyle’s family are all on Twitter and would very quickly reveal the truth? :lol: Mental. 

As Oaksoft says, some video highlights and a thank you would have been fine. 

When is the next chairman’s update? Do we still have a chairman? 

Disappointing statement from the club. Cannot blame Kyle for wanting to better himself and make more money. Had every right to turn down new contract. He’s a professional and can not afford sentimentality to govern his career. If l was in his shoes l would be swapping scrapping at the bottom for scrapping at the top, better wages and a manager he knows will make him a better player and help potentially move to even better things. He might be our captain but a quick look around the club these past few years would not fill you with hope for the future. Best of luck Kyle and to the board up your game and your PR

37 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
43 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
It's clearly blaming Kyle rather than the board for the decision.
It's all a bit classless.

Typical theyll blame everyone bar themselves. I wish Kyle all the best. But they need a change in strategy when it comes to young players. Hamilton sell their young players for a lot more than we do. More than triple in some cases. But I agree this spineless board have gone quiet. Cos they know the anger that's coming their way. When its fan owned Gordon Scott stills want to be chairman. He has some brass neck. He'll be handing over a championship club.

Aye but as long as he gets all his money 💰 

1 hour ago, mattman said:

What I’ve noticed over the past few months these statements no longer include Gordon Scott’s name on them... I have brought this up a few times yet always get silence, who is really in charge nowadays ?

During the takeover discussions Kibble said they'd be putting two paid employees on the BoD, they were always gonna have a greater influence than the mere numbers would have indicated.

On the main issue it's not the first time we've lost one of our best players near to or at the end of his contract. it's been on the cards for a week, he's not even match fit, we can use the fee to bring in players we desperately need - it would be an acceptable scenario if not for the somewhat petulant nature of the club statement. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

22 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Disappointing statement from the club. Cannot blame Kyle for wanting to better himself and make more money. Had every right to turn down new contract. He’s a professional and can not afford sentimentality to govern his career. If l was in his shoes l would be swapping scrapping at the bottom for scrapping at the top, better wages and a manager he knows will make him a better player and help potentially move to even better things. He might be our captain but a quick look around the club these past few years would not fill you with hope for the future. Best of luck Kyle and to the board up your game and your PR

What's wrong with the statement? They have just stated the facts and wished him well at the end. Providing the facts are true I don't see anything wrong with it.

It has yet to be seen whether any of the substantial fee will find its way to the playing squad, once deadline day is over there is no excuse for not telling us what that fee was, if they don't can someone ask someone from Kibble please.

What's wrong with the statement? They have just stated the facts and wished him well at the end. Providing the facts are true I don't see anything wrong with it.
His family members are all over social media claiming the club statement is an outright lie!

There is a fair chance that they might have access to the true facts.

The Statement seems okay. I don't see what's wrong with it.

The Club are taking a severe bashing from a few. 

I expect the Sin Bin to be full of Boo Boys tonight.

Maybe not as Div is giving St Mirren hell also.

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

His family members are all over social media claiming the club statement is an outright lie!

There is a fair chance that they might have access to the true facts. emoji850.png

Theres a fair chance to club have access to the true facts as well.

I don't have a problem at all with him wanting to leave. I just don't see whats wrong with the club letting the fans know what happened. We always complain when they leave us in the dark, now they tell us and they are the bad guys.

Edited by LargsBud

I think we can all agree the player has any right to move - it’s more about how the board have went about things... not for the first time either -

skullduggery 

blaming fans for spitting on Dundee United supporters without any evidence

“kearney working his way out” for then Oran himself to say on Twitter it’s slander. 

just to name a few.

We sound so petty, and massively unprofessional at times.

Edit - remember that time a director offered a fan to settle differences in a charity boxing match 😂😂 shambles 

Edited by mattman

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Theres a fair chance to club have access to the true facts as well.

I don't have a problem at all with him wanting to leave. I just don't see whats wrong with the club letting the fans know what happened. We always complain when the leave us in the dark, now they tell us and they are the bad guys.

All well and good but when Club "facts " are seemingly at odds with what KM told family members , then who to believe.

See previous post with  screenshot  of Brown family tweets 

Worrying that the clubs first motivation in that statement was to protect their own arse. Surely they know that Kyle’s family are all on Twitter and would very quickly reveal the truth?  Mental. 

As Oaksoft says, some video highlights and a thank you would have been fine. 

When is the next chairman’s update? Do we still have a chairman? 
Not one that's any good.

All the best too Kyle, he's been a great player for us and hopefully has a big future in the game, having said that the club say they offered Kyle an improved deal so they've admitted theres money there for at least 1 or 2 players... get yer fingers out and geez a f**king decent signing....

20 minutes ago, mattman said:

I think we can all agree the player has any right to move - it’s more about how the board have went about things... not for the first time either -

skullduggery 

blaming fans for spitting on Dundee United supporters without any evidence

“kearney working his way out” for then Oran himself to say on Twitter it’s slander. 

just to name a few.

We sound so petty, and massively unprofessional at times.

Edit - remember that time a director offered a fan to settle differences in a charity boxing match 😂😂 shambles 

What a list 

You forgot the chairman arguing with a supporter using the clubs official Facebook account :lol: 

Were not a fan owned club. Yet. If we were Scott and Co would out the door. This not just about Magennis. Is about a lot of things. Magennis transfer was just the last straw.. A former director warned me as a fan about Gordon Scott. Everything he said has come true.

OK, I'll bite. What were you told?

Typical theyll blame everyone bar themselves. I wish Kyle all the best. But they need a change in strategy when it comes to young players. Hamilton sell their young players for a lot more than we do. More than triple in some cases. But I agree this spineless board have gone quiet. Cos they know the anger that's coming their way. When its fan owned Gordon Scott stills want to be chairman. He has some brass neck. He'll be handing over a championship club.

Blame everyone else for what? Kyle leaving? Kyle wanting to leave? Hibs wanting to sign Kyle? What, exactly?