Jack Ross Must Go.

In my opinion we need to start with Lewis Morgan on Saturday. That's two weeks running he has made an impact from the bench with us changing to a more direct attacking formation and get him running down the wing. Maybe its a case of starting like this and changing to a more defensive style with Storie coming off the bench in the later stages of the game if we are in a comfortable lead. 

I like the comfortable lead thought very much.

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Almost anybody. :rolleyes:

All subjective except the points since JR has arrives proves he has done no better.

No better than what/who?

He has managed to win a couple of league games this season, which is more than Rae had (albeit with more games, but the fact remains). He has also taken us to a cup quarter final and a final.

Our league position certainly indicates that he hasn't done as well as he might reasonably have been expected to do (I would agree with that position), but I think we have improved when compared to our showing under Rae this season. Seriously, you had to have witnessed that to know just how dire it was.

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

No better than what/who?

He has managed to win a couple of league games this season, which is more than Rae had (albeit with more games, but the fact remains). He has also taken us to a cup quarter final and a final.

Our league position certainly indicates that he hasn't done as well as he might reasonably have been expected to do (I would agree with that position), but I think we have improved when compared to our showing under Rae this season. Seriously, you had to have witnessed that to know just how dire it was.

Ok, you pretty much answered your own question?

I also can't argue about witnessing what was and what is but Rae was much pilloried by many for the wrong reasons.

JR seems to be almost untouchable, although cracks have appeared recently from some of the followers.

Asking who could have done better is a nonsense question, but the fact remains Ross has not improved our league position as we sail towards the worst situation for many a long year.

Also the point that, no matter what, he should be allowed to continue is absolute bollox.

Anyway, that's where I am. I have nothing against Ross as a person, just what's best for St Mirren.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, you pretty much answered your own question?

Not really, no.

Apart from anything else, who can say whether Rae would have won a game even yet had he still been the manager?

As for the untouchable suggestion, I'm not really buying that. I think many are sick of the manager merry-go-round we've had at the club, and think it is time to consider the medium to long-term as opposed to yet another sacking. This shouldn't mean a guarantee for Ross to keep his job, but I think we need to stick with, until the turn of 2018 at any rate.

I think Rae's relationship with the club had become irreparably tainted. His body language suggested he didn't care sufficiently about the state we were in, and he didn't seem willing to take any genuine level of responsibility for it either. This is just my reading of it, of course. In any event, I think it was right that he left. Ross wasn't my first choice, so I have no agenda there.

Ross is going no where even if we take the big drop .......... Certainly wasn't my pick of the bunch but "Hey Ho" it's maybe down a league we go!. to be honest I would rather have had decent league results than a cup final and the Qtrs against Septic. Only time will tell.

The result yesterday certainly cheered me over here in the dark side. Had totally given up hope at half time and turned BBC sport off my computer ........... When I did open it back up I thought ........... Fcukin hell! .............. need to do this every week from now on till then end of the season .............. had a few in the bar last night ..... as always, but it just seem more enjoyable! ............. We will have Ross for another season come what ever .........

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Not really, no.

Apart from anything else, who can say whether Rae would have won a game even yet had he still been the manager?

As for the untouchable suggestion, I'm not really buying that. I think many are sick of the manager merry-go-round we've had at the club, and think it is time to consider the medium to long-term as opposed to yet another sacking. This shouldn't mean a guarantee for Ross to keep his job, but I think we need to stick with, until the turn of 2018 at any rate.

I think Rae's relationship with the club had become irreparably tainted. His body language suggested he didn't care sufficiently about the state we were in, and he didn't seem willing to take any genuine level of responsibility for it either. This is just my reading of it, of course. In any event, I think it was right that he left. Ross wasn't my first choice, so I have no agenda there.

Yeah, who could have said Rae would have won a game right enough but, again Ross has had a disaster on that front.

I think more are sick of our results than any manager merry go round FFS.

Part of this manager merry go round was Rae, yet it didn't seem to bother many then?

Anyway, this, as usual is going round and round, I'll leave it here.  

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Almost anybody. :rolleyes:

All subjective except the points since JR has arrives proves he has done no better.

I doubt it

People say he should have came in and tried to shut up shop to gain some points

One major flaw in that argument our defence and keepers were shite

No solid central backbone in the engine room either

Gus would have been horrified to see what he would have to work with

I mentioned him as he is seen as the saviour but he would have praying damage limitation until Jan transfer window

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Wanting Ross out the door makes as much sense as voting for Brexit.

Where is the reasoning or rational behind it? Who would be guaranteed to have done/do a better job than Ross? - or do we just keep sacking managers until we find the new Alec Ferguson?

The reasoning / rationale behind it would be if we are relegated to the third teir for the first time in our history under his stewardship, and do so meekly without putting up much of a fight.

The reasoning / rationale behind keeping him, even if we go down, would be to hope he can turn it around, and to stick with someone, putting a (temporary?) hold on the hire them and fire them merry-go-round.

IMHO naturally. Where do I stand on Ross? You know, I genuinely have no idea any longer. I don't see nearly enough from him in the league, where it counts, but equally, sometime, somewhere, we need to stop the madness of re-booting from scratch every six / nine / twelve months.

St Mirren are doing my fcuking head in, Jack Ross included. That's about the size of it.

Wanting Ross out the door makes as much sense as voting for Brexit.
Where is the reasoning or rational behind it? Who would be guaranteed to have done/do a better job than Ross? - or do we just keep sacking managers until we find the new Alec Ferguson?

Didn't you know that's what is sure to happen? Keep sacking managers and we'll definitely find a gem at some point...

Isn't that just common sense? It is for some, it seems.

I wouldn't disagree that the players Rae signed were not very good but after he left, they beat Hibs at ER, drew with Falkirk and narrowly lost 4-3 at EEP. Hardly the worst set of results ever.

Clearly this isn't all Jacks fault but one thing a more experienced manager would have done is set us up to be hard to beat until he could get better players in.

Now if Jack goes on to have a great end of season then he deserves to be kept but regardless, he could and should have done better in the games between taking over and the January window opening and he needs to own that.

3 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I doubt it

People say he should have came in and tried to shut up shop to gain some points

One major flaw in that argument our defence and keepers were shite

No solid central backbone in the engine room either

Gus would have been horrified to see what he would have to work with

I mentioned him as he is seen as the saviour but he would have praying damage limitation until Jan transfer window

Well, again, purely subjective but I'm basing my "almost anybody" on the fact he has been very disappointing.

A managers job is to improve on what has been done before, whether it's his players or not.

Tactical awareness, motivation and pure hard work are somethings that a manager can bring.

Not seeing much of that overall I'm afraid.

Only a moron would suggest that it's out of the question to get rid of a manager who has failed, especially when sacking Rae was seen so merrily by some.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Again, for the hard of thinking, he was hardly going to come in and say "These guys are all shite, we've no chance of doing anything until we ship most of them out in January, 3 months from now."...

To say that a squad with ten new players in it needs time to gel is obviously too much for some to get there head around, obviously.

So does that suggest then at his interview he said the team are hopeless, we will be lucky ti win two games all season and most likely be relegated unless i can sign eleven players no one else wants in January??? 

I would wager not!

So does that suggest then at his interview he said the team are hopeless, we will be lucky ti win two games all season and most likely be relegated unless i can sign eleven players no one else wants in January??? 
I would wager not!

I wouldn't wager at all on something there is no way of proving. Strange stuff.

Is it too much to ask for some positivity in the light of a good result and performance yesterday, and reaching a final? Does moaning constantly give you a thrill? Don't get it myself, but each to their own...

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I wouldn't wager at all on something there is no way of proving. Strange stuff.

Is it too much to ask for some positivity in the light of a good result and performance yesterday, and reaching a final? Does moaning constantly give you a thrill? Don't get it myself, but each to their own...

Ah the old "your just moaning, because you disagree with me line". What i dont get is it would appear Jack Ross is only responsible when we win games, and when we don't it is some guy last seen around the team in October last year who is responsible.... i loved yesterdays result, the real cup final is this saturday.... still we only need a win so it shoukd be a good day for Jack...?

Ah the old "your just moaning, because you disagree with me line". What i dont get is it would appear Jack Ross is only responsible when we win games, and when we don't it is some guy last seen around the team in October last year who is responsible.... i loved yesterdays result, the real cup final is this saturday.... still we only need a win so it shoukd be a good day for Jack...?

Not everyone feels the need to whine endlessly. Again, even when we win, they come on moaning. Joyless individuals.

I'd suggest getting behind the team - including the manager - as a more worthwhile use of your time, but if you insist on wetting your knickers constantly, be aware that it's incredibly tiresome to observe.

No mate, but setting us up with two up top which we haven't done much at all this season was strange. Not as strange though as pushing Mallan wide left to accommodate Storrie when we had Morgan on the bench. Now I think Morgan has earned his place on the bench with some of his recent displays but when Smith was out today we surely needed some width and pace to allow us to get the service into the front two?

Jack has got his starting 11 wrong in the last two games and has made the changes to correct it (you're simply being stubborn if you don't acknowledge that) and we've gone on to win both which has been great. I'm not sure he can afford to get it wrong again this weekend.

Then fine... I'm being stubborn if name calling gives you a hard on!

I can see the logic of starting with a narrow formation to bed us in to the match against a team that was in the habit of winning.

Narrow formation and two up would have worked better if a... Loy bothered his arse moving and b... The players could actually remember the basics.

Right or wrong is purely subjective, hardly worth namecalling for daring to try and appreciate what the manager was trying to achieve.

The fact that the players themselves say the gaffer was right to give them a rollicking might suggest where the fault actually lay in that abysmal first half.

Then fine... I'm being stubborn if name calling gives you a hard on!

I can see the logic of starting with a narrow formation to bed us in to the match against a team that was in the habit of winning.

Narrow formation and two up would have worked better if a... Loy bothered his arse moving and b... The players could actually remember the basics.

Right or wrong is purely subjective, hardly worth namecalling for daring to try and appreciate what the manager was trying to achieve.

The fact that the players themselves say the gaffer was right to give them a rollicking might suggest where the fault actually lay in that abysmal first half.

Name calling? Christ, you've been on this forum long enough to recognise name calling. I said you were being stubborn if you didn't recognise the issue with the recent line ups and formations. Hardly going to risk the wank tank with that "outburst". Settle down.

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

Name calling? Christ, you've been on this forum long enough to recognise name calling. I said you were being stubborn if you didn't recognise the issue with the recent line ups and formations. Hardly going to risk the wank tank with that "outburst". Settle down.

Aye, "stubborn" is the new "tosser" seemingly. :lol: