Bid accepted for Kyle McAllister?

I love the 'blame the  fans' reasoning... like earlier in the season when the team were getting thumped week after week because of the poor singing. If McAllister is sold for only £225k 18 months before his contract runs out I'll happily just blame the chairman... after all SGG got it in the neck over the price accepted for McLean and McGinn when their contracts were up or in the last 6 months.
McAllister has the potential to be better than either McLean or McGinn, and there are 18 months left on his contract., we've already sold Naismith for buttons in this window and clubs are enquiring about Mallan. 
Going into the window I think most of us would have wanted to hang on to the promising youngsters (McAllister, Morgan, Magennis, Mallan) and offload some of the senior flops. Looks like we'll have most of the old duffers still on the payroll and happy to sell the prize talent.

Contract runs out in 12 months. Can leave for pretty much nowt in summer.

We could sell him for 200k get relegation confirmed but at least we will fix the pitch at ralston.  Let's get that sorted in time to sell our next stars for hee haw as well. Kenny and John left for buttons yet both  are Full Scotland caps and would fetch at least a million pounds each. When will we ever make any money.  

Edited by norrie82

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Is this a fair summary of why some folk feel angry - if Hamilton Accies get a McCarthy or McArthur, they sell them for millions. If McCarthy or McArthur had been St Mirren players, St Mirren's BoD would have sold them for 150k each then said there was fcuk all else they could do? In broad brush stroke terms, other clubs are clued up and smarter than pigshit-thick St Mirren, who, time after time, roll over and take it right up the arse.

It is slightly harsh in this case mate.

The club gave the boy a three year deal on his 16th birthday. No club is allowed to give a player that age a longer deal within the rules of the SFA.

He made his debut when he was 17. He was offered a new deal that year and did not want to sign it.

He's been since offered other new deals and doesn't want to sign them. Kyle Magennis was offered an improved new deal and opted to sign.

The club have already knocked back offers for McAllister last summer.

With 12 months left to run on his deal, and the player refusing to sign a new deal, I'm not sure what else the club can do?

We could hold on to the summer of course, and try and sell him with 6 months left of his contract. We might well be a League 1 side by then. I'm not convinced our bargaining power would be great in that circumstance. Would Kyle be giving 100% in any case?

If we can get more than one club interested then the price could yet drive up. And another club might be receptive to loaning him back to us till the end of the season. Derby won't play ball on that particular detail. They want him now.

If the club can get £250K for him now, with ad-ons taking the deal potentially to £400K, along with a sell on clause and that in turn means we can get 3 or 4 more players in the door before the window closes, then you know it might actually not be that bad a deal.

The two players on the brink of joining are both very decent IMO and the promise is there is more to come if/when this deal goes through.

He can't leave in the summer.  He is contracted till 2018. Honestly wait  until summer and sell him? Sounds like he's many admirers and with a fewmore top performances he would still go for cash in may. 

Only up until January 2018 so could sign with someone on pre contract in June.

To play devil's advocate here what if we don't see top performances out him? This time last year he got injured and was out for a while. What if the same happened?

Kenny McLean seemed to get injured every winter just before the transfer window.

Kenny is now a Scottish international as is mcginn yet we got less than 300k for both combined. What a joke that is. 

Both have made one start each in a friendly. Really stretching the definition of international there.

How many more transfers between Scottish clubs outside the old firm have been for more money than what we got for McLean and McGinn?

The club gave the boy a three year deal on his 16th birthday. No club is allowed to give a player that age a longer deal within the rules of the SFA.
He made his debut when he was 17. He was offered a new deal that year and did not want to sign it.
He's been since offered other new deals and doesn't want to sign them. Kyle Magennis was offered an improved new deal and opted to sign.
The club have already knocked back offers for McAllister last summer.
With 12 months left to run on his deal, and the player refusing to sign a new deal, I'm not sure what else the club can do?
We could hold on to the summer of course, and try and sell him with 6 months left of his contract. We might well be a League 1 side by then. I'm not convinced our bargaining power would be great in that circumstance. Would Kyle be giving 100% in any case?
If we can get more than one club interested then the price could yet drive up. And another club might be receptive to loaning him back to us till the end of the season. Derby won't play ball on that particular detail. They want him now.
If the club can get £250K for him now, with ad-ons taking the deal potentially to £400K, along with a sell on clause and that in turn means we can get 3 or 4 more players in the door before the window closes, then you know it might actually not be that bad a deal.
The two players on the brink of joining are both very decent IMO and the promise is there is more to come if/when this deal goes through.

Someone linked a 19 year old going from Charlton for £11m earlier in this thread which is obviously obscene but these teams are playing in a different ballpark to us. They are playing higher level and paying much higher level.

Derby are in the same ballpark as Charlton and are therfore a lot more likely/able to get big bucks than we are so if we get the correct % inserted into an agreement we would be quids in.

People need to realise that just now we are the equivalent of the poundshop. Sell lots for reasonable prices.

10 minutes ago, div said:

He's been since offered other new deals and doesn't want to sign them.

The club have already knocked back offers for him last summer.

We could hold on to the summer of course, and try and sell him with 6 months left of his contract. We might well be a League 1 side by then. I'm not convinced our bargaining power would be great in that circumstance.

I agree with this Div. I was asking why some folk were angry, and suggested that it isn't simply related to this particular player, but more a perception that other clubs get top dollar for their promising kids, while we do not.

As I said earlier - I am not angry, or bothered. Not any more. I used to be bothered, but with Bosman, the appearance of agents, our place in the food chain slipping, and goodness knows what else when it comes to Scottish football, why bother? Dundee United lost Robertson, McKay-Steven, Armstrong & Ciftci... turned them to shite and they were relegated. They couldn't keep them. Only Celtic can dig their heels in... a bit. Then they lose Wanyama, Van Dijk and Forster to the lure of the EPL. A stepping stone to Eng-er-land, that's what they are.

I am resigned to us losing any good players we do have in jig time, one step foward and one step back. No chance of holding onto anyone. Depressing, but that's where we are. Ho fcuking hum.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

What a lot of crap. This lad has 18 months left. Are you telling me no club would pay this tiny amount in the summer. Rubbish.  It's a poor decision and smacks of a club again absolutely desperate for the money. It's made me extremely angry. We are losing him for chicken feed and we will not have him as we attempt to stay up. Sorry but Mallan and mcallister are our best hope of staying up. Terrible business and for me this signals that we are accepting going down. Makes me wonder why we bother. McLean and mcginn( ok sell on but that's only if it is over a certain price and within this contract) now mcallister.  It's a joke. Falkirk want 750k we take whatever.  this club is going nowhere.  

The lad doesn't have 18 months left.  He is out of contract in January 2018 as has been stated elsewhere.  No surprise that the king of cataclysm is going off on one. :lol:

Edited by scottd

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

What a lot of crap. This lad has 18 months left. Are you telling me no club would pay this tiny amount in the summer. Rubbish.  It's a poor decision and smacks of a club again absolutely desperate for the money. It's made me extremely angry. We are losing him for chicken feed and we will not have him as we attempt to stay up. Sorry but Mallan and mcallister are our best hope of staying up. Terrible business and for me this signals that we are accepting going down. Makes me wonder why we bother. McLean and mcginn( ok sell on but that's only if it is over a certain price and within this contract) now mcallister.  It's a joke. Falkirk want 750k we take whatever.  this club is going nowhere.  

In the summer Kyle will have 6 months left on his deal and we will be lucky to see half of what Derby are currently offering.  The club offered the lad a new contract and he refused, what more could the club do?  I can tell that the clubs current situation is causing you much angst and I feel for you but I do think you need to calm down.

8 hours ago, div said:

Turns out the player is actually only under contract until Jan 2018 so would have been free to sign a pre-contract this summer when his deal ran out.

He was given a 3 year deal on his 16th birthday (Jan 2015) which is the maximum allowed under SFA rules.

Saints actually gave him a deal until June 2018 originally but the SFA made them change it which is why there was some doubt about how long he had to go.

Club wanted Kyle to sign a new deal but he and his agent didn't want to do that. Player wants to go.

Headline on deal is around £20OK up front but lots of add-ons could double that plus a sell on %

Other clubs interested so still time for a counter bid.

Main blow for me is Derby refusing to lend him back to us till the end of this season.

Two very decent signings in the pipeline that should go through in time for the weekend but it's definitely a bit of a blow.

Its obvious that you were instructed to put this out last night Div but what i fail to understand is why we could not wait till after Saturdays game before this was announced.The fans were buoyant after Saturday and this deflates them quicker than the dome.Its not the end of the world though and i,m sure that the signings you talk about will be top drawer.Some of the names being banded about to me are not.

Cause he was injured. Also none of those players left till December. McAllister has started every game since November.

Yeah, as much as I like to slag Rae he can't be blamed for not playing McAllister enough. He talked him before giving him his debut the started playing him. Injury stopped it happening this season.

If McAllister only has a year left on his contract then selling him seems fair enough, it's the reported amount that annoys me. Surely we could have said to him he can go but only if we get what we're after for him. There are so many clubs supposedly interested that we could have held out for more rather than accepting one of the first offers. The talk of add-ons doesn't excite me too much considering how well that worked with the pair we sold to Blackburn.

If we have to sell McAllister because he only has 12 months left then why are we selling Mallan when he has 18 months to go?

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Is this a fair summary of why some folk feel angry - if Hamilton Accies get a McCarthy or McArthur, they sell them for millions. If McCarthy or McArthur had been St Mirren players, St Mirren's BoD would have sold them for 150k each then said there was fcuk all else they could do? In broad brush stroke terms, other clubs are clued up and smarter than pigshit-thick St Mirren, who, time after time, roll over and take it right up the arse.

Why do you say "if McCarthy or McArthur had been St. Mirren players"?

Why don't you simply state the names of the actual players who St. Mirren sold for £150k each and who then went to become Premiership stars and get sold for £ millions?

I'd love to know how you fell out with Stuart Gilmour....

Edited by mcdowell76

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I agree with this Div. I was asking why some folk were angry, and suggested that it isn't simply related to this particular player, but more a perception that other clubs get top dollar for their promising kids, while we do not.

Do you think its maybe because we haven't produced any players that are good enough for "top dollar"?

Can you name any players that St. Mirren have sold or let go that are now in the Premiership or equivalent and worth £ millions?

If not, then there's your answer.

Edited by mcdowell76

5 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Kenny is now a Scottish international as is mcginn yet we got less than 300k for both combined. What a joke that is. 

Kenny is 25 now and still playing for Aberdeen. A big money move to the Premiership doesn't appear to be on the horizon and time is running out...

John McGinn is now in his second season playing for a club in the Scottish Championship. I don't see a host of big club's battering down Hibs door to sign him.

The baw's burst! When a young guy (and his agent) at 17/18 decide that he's not going to sign a new contract or extend his contract even by a year as a gesture/thank you for his development then there's not much that the club can do. And who's to say he's wrong? If he wasn't good enough, it'd be 'thanks and goodbye son' at the first opportunity.

The reality for fans is that there's no point in even getting half excited about a young talent because they'll be away at the first sign of interest from down south.