St Mirren v Dumbarton Championship 8/4/17

shull

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

I hope he is bold and goes for Stelios in midfield but it is a big call for a big game. JR has said Dumbarton threaten down the sides and you put a guy who Jack himself has called a maverick out there in a position he's unaccustomed to. Could make us vulnerable. Fingers crossed we're 3 up after 25 minutes again and it's all academic!

Stellios is far more capable defensively than Morgan (whom he would potentially replace).

I'd argue that we would be more solid defensively on the left, if he was selected in that position.

Really looking forward to this one. For me the obvious would be straight swap Stelios for Morgan with Irvine back in at RB.

Todd did ok when he came on and would be useful later in the game if we start to tire. If we're up and ahead as much as we are I'd like to see Webster get a run out to get him up to speed and save McKenzie from either a booking/suspension or a random injury that he keeps seeming to be on the verge of.

Time for a quick post grass cutting shower then don my colours. COYS

Todd did ok when he came on and would be useful later in the game if we start to tire. If we're up and ahead as much as we are I'd like to see Webster get a run out to get him up to speed and save McKenzie from either a booking/suspension or a random injury that he keeps seeming to be on the verge of.

Webster and run in the same sentence. Surely not? Got to love an optimist.

20 minutes ago, soldiersaint1877 said:

Really looking forward to this one. For me the obvious would be straight swap Stelios for Morgan with Irvine back in at RB.

Time for a quick post grass cutting shower then don my colours. COYS

The idea of an unconcerned Webster returning to the first team at this point in the season when we need total commitment is the stuff of nightmares.

Another massive game.  Think we've got more than enough to take them.  

MON THE BUDDIES...!

We have and with the fight and right go to attitude we should see it away. I have the Nade fear though, a man mountain and set piece threat. Saw him arrive today , looks like a heavy weight boxer. Hopefully he runs out of steam early on. A nervy 2-1 us.

Line ups - see Webster doesn't even make the bench behind Quinn & Gordon neither of whom are liable to be match fit.

St Mirren

• 21O'Brien
  • 3Irvine
  • 15Baird
  • 6Mackenzie
  • 44Eckersley
  • 42Magennis
  • 14McGinn
  • 10Mallan
  • 2Demetriou
  • 16Loy
  • 11Smith

Substitutes

• 1Langfield
  • 5Gordon
  • 8Quinn
  • 9Sutton
  • 20Storie
  • 23Fjelde
  • 25Todd

Dumbarton

• 27Martin
  • 17Smith
  • 14Barr
  • 5Buchanan
  • 12Harvie
  • 22Stirling
  • 6Carswell
  • 2McCrorie
  • 11Stanton
  • 23Vaughan
  • 10Thomson

Substitutes

• 4Lang
  • 7Gallagher
  • 18Prior
  • 19Ewings
  • 25Nuttall
  • 72Nade

Edited by Bud the Baker

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:46 PM, faraway saint said:

Weather forecast is pretty decent for Saturday.

Time for the fat people to look out the football strips that have shrunk in the wash and show the team what they are made off. :green

I'm wearing my Star Trek Captain's Dress Uniform - I fill it like a long haired Shatner...........