Unbeaten in Competitive Matches

Do you ? We were in the easiest section and were half an hour from blowing it ! Still loads of work to do !
Kilmarnock were the highest placed league team from last season in the Group stages and therefore the defacto top seed across all the groups.

We would be expected to finish 2nd in that group and that is what we did.

After our result against Killie I hoped we would win the group but after the draw was made it was certainly not the easiest group.

Probably the worst draw possible. Top 4 seed away from home with likely very little income.
Oh well. Just have to pump them.
Ues, I'd rather have had them at home, but now there is absolutely zero expectation or pressure on us. And I don't see us performing as badly as last year so - Bring It On.

Got this aff the Partick Thistle page...

I don’t necessarily agree- the penalties rule devalues the win with two points for the draw (assuming you win the shootout). St. Mirren qualifying ahead of us with 1 win and 3 draws (including their games against Queens Park and Spartans) is nonsense when we’ve won 3 of 4. 

Kinda makes a good point. The bloke is less bitter noo that PT got oota jail thanks tae Hearts thumping ICT.

whit yi reckon?

I like the league cup set up gives smaller clubs more income also with more games in the cup than they might of got.

We could win the cup without winning another game in 90 mins according to that guys logic that would mean we should hand it back to whatever team won the most games in 90 mins.

Only thing we need to different is have a few pre season games before it starts

22 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I like the league cup set up gives smaller clubs more income also with more games in the cup than they might of got.

We could win the cup without winning another game in 90 mins according to that guys logic that would mean we should hand it back to whatever team won the most games in 90 mins.

Only thing we need to different is have a few pre season games before it starts

Have you seen the attendances? They are something like a third of what they normally are.

I think the new set up completely makes a mockery of the competition as the games are treated as friendlies in the eyes of the fans and players. For the wee clubs this is one of only two opportunities to win major silverware and yet it is completely devalued with a very pre season feel about it.

Have you seen the attendances? They are something like a third of what they normally are.
I think the new set up completely makes a mockery of the competition as the games are treated as friendlies in the eyes of the fans and players. For the wee clubs this is one of only two opportunities to win major silverware and yet it is completely devalued with a very pre season feel about it.

Are they you have proof about attendance?

It’s got a feel for preseason because it pretty much was our preseason games .if I could change anything about it I would prefer it to be midweek after the league has started.

I don’t think early stages of the league cup have ever brought in good attendances.

15 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I was actually saying the same thing. ICT have been put out after winning 3 out of 4 so they could have the same grievance.

If I was ICT i would be reeling. Hearts still getting a positive result after fielding illegible player is comical. Mind u its BT Sport that run the comp anyway :whistle

16 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Got this aff the Partick Thistle page...

I don’t necessarily agree- the penalties rule devalues the win with two points for the draw (assuming you win the shootout). St. Mirren qualifying ahead of us with 1 win and 3 draws (including their games against Queens Park and Spartans) is nonsense when we’ve won 3 of 4. 

Kinda makes a good point. The bloke is less bitter noo that PT got oota jail thanks tae Hearts thumping ICT.

whit yi reckon?

I reckon everyone knew the rules of the competition before it started, it's now in its third year of this format, so there's no justification for eejits crying about things.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I reckon everyone knew the rules of the competition before it started, it's now in its third year of this format, so there's no justification for eejits crying about things.

If the boot was on the other foot comes to mind.

17 minutes ago, pod said:

If the boot was on the other foot comes to mind.

If the boot was on the other foot the same would apply. We might have felt aggrieved had we been the ones going out, but the rules have been known since this format was unveiled two years ago. And everyone knew what they had to do going into the last game to qualify, even if some - like us - were relying on a couple of results to go our way.

Edited by Soctty

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

If the boot was on the other foot the same would apply. We might have felt aggrieved had we been the ones going out, but the rules have been known since this format was unveiled two years ago. And everyone knew what they had to do going into the last game to qualify, even if some - like us - were relying on a couple of results to go our way.

Beat me to it.

We all knew the rules before the competition kicked off - its been that way for two years.

Teams should be basing there tactics around what points they need from the known framework and not bump their collective gums when they fail.