Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well, not nice to be up here surrounded by happy Dons supporters.

The second half was miles better, albeit damage limitation.

Very similar to last season, taken apart by a better team who were faster/stronger all over the park.

I said a few weeks ago the top 6 in this league are some way above the rest, this proved it to me, so no surprises.

Never mind, a few more drinks in hospitality then home. 

Enjoy Bud.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Could be worse. We could be Dundee :lol:

f**k it. We move on. We have more important things to worry about. When we start losing like this to Livi, Hamilton, etc then I will start getting a bit concerned. 

Tonight the floor belongs to Elvis. I'll leave the knicker wetters to enjoy themselves. Off to walk the dog.

That will be next week then .

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Can anyone come up with a positive note on today's performance?

My only effort is to suggest that Alfie could be a useful addition to the squad.

Yes. I have come up with one. The last time Dundee were looking for a new manager they turned their eyes on Paisley.

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Can anyone come up with a positive note on today's performance?

My only effort is to suggest that Alfie could be a useful addition to the squad.

I am sure the happy clappers will be along in a minute to cheer us up.

Said before the game last week that we had two free games at Ibrox and Pittodrie. Thought that if we lost both that it would still have been a good start to the season.

To absolutely no ones surprise we have lost both. We almost always lose in Govan and Aberdeen.

Now back to winnable games, Livi at home next week.

Bad show today but didn’t expect to win. Next week is important to get the heads up & hopefully win, will prob show how our season maybe pan out. COYS today’s games is over let’s look forward to next week. I’m not giving in yet though very disappointed.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

But they probably have the balls to do something about there situation.

Never known a person to be so doom and gloom trying to understand what you get out of it mate ?  I will be at next week's game where I expect a home win. This season is a project hopefully progression as long as we stay in the league job done and build on it.  The Celtic lad will hopefully be in by the end of the month and hopefully the lad from ICT. We will find our feet. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Never known a person to be so doom and gloom trying to understand what you get out of it mate ?  I will be at next week's game where I expect a home win. This season is a project hopefully progression as long as we stay in the league job done and build on it.  The Celtic lad will hopefully be in by the end of the month and hopefully the lad from ICT. We will find our feet. 

A left back required as well. Coulsen is a player but never a full back

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There is no way this mob will beat Livingston it will be 2 or 3 nil.

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We are way off the pace. Highlight was Jones he looks a player. Willock plays at 2 miles a fortnight pace. Aberdeen are more physical and faster all over the park. 

I thought that as well, although in the 2nd half, when he was given more time, he looked a decent player.

Not the type for a battle IMO. 

I fully understand those saying we cant expect to beat the Aberdeens, Old scum , Etc , especially on their own patch but the manner of the defeat was the biggest worry.  Our defence has not improved since the start of the season, we get out muscled in midfield and up front we lack guile and firepower. Plus , as i said earlier, we have absolutely nothing on the bench to change games .

We need to improve pretty damn quick .

3 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Are they worse? Could’ve beaten us quite easily if they’d put their chances away 

Yes they are. As you say though they had plenty of chances, every other team in the league will take those.