St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

Says it all when some pick on the club captain accusing him of chucking it when there were clearly far bigger issues all over the park. He is clearly frustrated as we all are but he was the least of our worries today. Stubbs appears to be unable to get any  sort of response from players who look either hopelessly out their depth or horribly frustrated. Points to issues within the squad. Stubbs looks a very poor judge of a player and his whole ethos looks a poor fit with our club. Not sure if we can bag him but  looks like an awful season ahead with the squad he has assembled. What a cluster f**k after all the effort Ross and Fowler put on to transform the whole club. Heartbreaking.

He didn'twant to be out there today, going by his body language. That shocked me as much as anything else.

I just don’t believe we get the best out of him in a midfield four. Likewise with Cammy.

Stubbs is the manager and has the right to try to get the players to play in the formation that he feels is best, however, if that highlights good players deficiencies when you’ve already added a load of shit to the squad then it won’t end well.

Baird and Smith are better than their replacements and nearly every Stubbs signing is shite... but none of the outgoers would’ve made a difference today?

Tying yourself in knots Captain.

You think that Eck would have made the difference today?

Maybe he could have had his op on the pitch? [emoji23]

You’re clueless. Just like Alan Stubbs!

:1eye

53 minutes ago, magnus said:

Gordon Scott needs called out right now. This team has major issues. We are shoe ins for relegation. The new players are not good enough. The Championship winning players gave regressed to being poor   The captain, who can play at a higher level than us,  is being called out by AS despite being infinitely better than his signings. It's clear that all is not well.  As a fan who is paying to help GLS exit, I want to to know what is going wrong?. The management team look way out of their depth. Poor signings, poor tactics and no light at the end of the tunnel. Not acceptable.

Spot on. Was saying to the guy next to me have heard nothing from Tony in ages. Scott will be hurting like us having a large stiff drink looking at himself in the mirror.  

Think today is up there with one of the worst performances from a St Mirren side since we moved to Greenhill Road and there have been some howlers so that is saying something !

Quite where we go from here I’m not sure - Stubbs has managed to assemble a worse squad than we had in the championship and it looks like a further rebuild is on the cards if we have any chance of staying up.

Over to GLS ........... stick or twist ?

54 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Our reserve team coach has proved himself as far as I'm concerned. He is our get out card and a good one at that. 

I'm sure he was also responsible for the Challenge Cup win at Hibs after Rae (or was it Murray?) was removed. I'm think that was the year we eventually made the final.

Is there actually any truth to this Cammy can go rumour? I see one person post it and everyone follows suit with abuse for Stubbs. I wasn't keen on his appointment and I'm getting more worried by the week regarding hiring him, but rumours like this fly round quicker when the pressure is on. Can anyone provide a decent source to this or is it spreading due to the dislike of Stubbs and nothing else? Not keen on AS but if someone has spread this rumour just because they don't like him, that's unfair.

It’s a long way back for Stubbs after this, he needs to be allowed to complete his squad and given a fair crack of the whip though. I remember calling for the head of JR before Christmas, before he assembled his team but I will admit we looked devoid of anything today.

Plus Stubbs hiding for 90 mins was just embarrassing.

As for Cammy? I’ll need to see it to believe it. Surely not?

It was poor today all over the park. Looks like at least some of Stubbs recruitment is suspect, add to that a lot of the squad he inherited arent up to premiership quality. That said, we have one won, lost two and there are apparently one or two more to come in.

we dont have any options on Stubbzo, the BoD arent going to sack him anytime soon given the woeful start Ross had, and they stuck by him!

we need to suck it up, support the manager and team, and hope he finds a settled line up in the squad. The manager wasnt the one who seemed unable to control a ball, play a pass or take a chance today. That was the guys on the pitch calling themselves professional footballers.

and people booing their own team need to have a good look at themselves!

pod started this rumour about Cammy Smith.
He needs to clarify his source and it had better not be more Twitter shite because this sort of thing damages the club at a time when we are struggling.

Div has posted it on you know what.

I would like to say if Stubbs can improve on Cammy Smith then go for it.

But his current additions to the squad I don’t think I would trust him to do so, would hope that powers above would block that ever happening probably leaving an unworkable situation.

3 minutes ago, guinness said:

That is one of the worst 90 minutes I have seen for a while. The big centre half is one of the worst players I have ever seen at love st. Big centre looked pish butimproved in second half so he took him off. New right back is a dwarf. Overall a relegation performance.

Jeez you must have good eyesight to have seen the game from there!

Just now, buddies1877 said:

But his current additions to the squad I don’t think I would trust him to do so, would hope that powers above would block that ever happening probably leaving an unworkable situation.

And if it isn't completely true thats about as low as a snakes belly! Remember #teameck anyone?

8 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Yes but Div posted that well after pod posted it here didnt he?

Rumours eh, who can beat them.

"Smith and Baird have been told to find another club ."
"S. McGinn and Stubbs squared up to each other in training. "
"If the defence are that bad again at Tynecastle then Stubbs will be sacked."
But of course, this time next Saturday, if he does go, the transfer window will be shut and we'll be stuck with Stubbs Duds.