St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
4-4-2 without a wide player to be seen.
Flynn WAS a winger and still has the odd run at the full back, but did he once get anywhere near the byline and put in a cross?
Magennis on the left is like Rae playing Mallan on the right, total waste.
At one point Flynn played a pass from the halfway line up to Magennis on the right wing.
We have 1 winger in our entire squad, O’Keefe. Cammy Smith and Jeff King are both tidy players, but both are probably slower than Kenny Miller.
Long hard season of no creativity ahead.
The full back did get forward a lot instead of Flynn. I assume this was tactical.
Unfortunately his crossing picked out the front defender each time.
As others have pointed out I feel 4231 would suit us better and make us more difficult to break down. That would require wide players though.
Its uncanny that we can all sit in the stand and see the areas that we are lacking in yet the coaching team can't.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The mascots seemingly enjoyed the match day experience yesterday, not all bad. :thumbsup

She certainly did. And Stephen McGinn is her all time hero. He made her day. A real gem of a guy. 

54 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The full back did get forward a lot instead of Flynn. I assume this was tactical.
Unfortunately his crossing picked out the front defender each time.
As others have pointed out I feel 4231 would suit us better and make us more difficult to break down. That would require wide players though.
Its uncanny that we can all sit in the stand and see the areas that we are lacking in yet the coaching team can't.

I agree on the 4321 and think that we are working towards that but need a wide player and an experienced and proven striker. With McGinn P and Dodson at Full back. Coulsdon could fill one of the wide positions but need another. Possibly Miller could be the experienced striker. I would also like an experienced centre back. So...3 players. The spine could then be built from keeper to centre backs to main striker. 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

I sit in the Gasworks end of the Main Stand and heard W7 loud and clear the whole game.I even commented with 10 mins to go that W7 were still going strong.

It must be the acoustics.

I think Shull has a point though. The Family Stand would gain in Atmosphere as long as the singing section kept their repertoire decent, which they overwhelmingly do.

25 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Firstly that was bloody abysmal yesterday however more worrying is that there's nothing in that interview to suggest he knows how to turn this around.

Using Eck and GMac's injury to deflect from his defensive additions being woeful was teflon coated at best. 

Talking about sticking together is normally what a manager that is under severe pressure does.

Right now it looks like we have hired the Rotherham Stubbs.

Edited by John Gotti
Predictive text.

3 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

The same two players he said could find new clubs , a bit bewildering.

That is exactly what struck me when I watched his interview. It was an absolutely baffling response to the question. Bizarre.

I don't enjoy watching someone who is so ill at ease, but I'm afraid I enjoy even less the fact that he is the man at the helm of my club's on-field (mis)fortunes.

Christ, it is all a bit demoralising to say the least.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

If the attitude of our fans to adversity is what I'm seeing and hearing, we deserve everything we get. 

If players are deciding they don't fancy the manager and are performing with less than 100% commitment due to this, they can go as far as I'm concerned. 

Seems we're excusing players who are performing in a less than professional way, as if they're wee boys rather than grown men who are paid well to represent this club. 

I support this club, not individuals. I don't personally know any of the players - or the manager - so I speak without bias on their performances, without giving them excuses that I refuse to give to others. 

I'm personally sick and tired of this season already. I'll go and support the team every week as usual but the way we've turned on the manager and a lot of new, young players is pathetic, and as stated, we deserve everything we get.

With that, I'm giving this place a miss for a while. 

17, 18, 19 is young. Brock- Madden is 25, Hodson 26 and Kpekawa 22. Not exactly young in present day football.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

33 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Right now it looks like we have hired the Rotherham Stubbs.

The Hibs Stubbs did well to win a Scottish Cup but couldn't get them out of the Champipnship in two years. It's all nice and well people saying they had Hearts and Rangers there, but Hearts romped that league by miles (guided by Robbie Neilson, one of a few we were linked with). The next season saw Hibs dumped out of the playoffs by Falkirk. Hardly set the world alight at Hibs either, he only got away with it because he brought them their first Scottish Cup in over a century.

Gutted yesterday. The team played ok in patches but overall seemed fragmented and mostly devoid of ideas. The skipper and Kyle Magennis were both out of sorts which is worrying. If the rumour about Cammy Smith being told he can go are true then it’s almost time for panic stations. I think those three are the lynchpins of the team and we need the three of them playing.

We’ve still got to give Stubbs time but some of the rumours - if true - don’t bode well.

Mullen worked hard and Coulson showed flashes of effort and ability coming forward.

Jury is out on the big striker with the long name.

3 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Gutted yesterday. The team played ok in patches but overall seemed fragmented and mostly devoid of ideas. The skipper and Kyle Magennis were both out of sorts which is worrying. If the rumour about Cammy Smith being told he can go are true then it’s almost time for panic stations. I think those three are the lynchpins of the team and we need the three of them playing.

We’ve still got to give Stubbs time but some of the rumours - if true - don’t bode well.

Mullen worked hard and Coulson showed flashes of effort and ability coming forward.

Jury is out on the big striker with the long name.

The team played ok in patches? Away!!! :lol:

14 hours ago, shull said:

Were very loud and gave their Team great support.

As usual, from my seat in W1, the W7 lads could not be heard. The Livy fans drowned them out easily.

It must be down the acoustics in the West Stand compared to the Away Stand.

OUR SINGING SECTION MUST BE MOVED TO THE SOUTH STAND.

They are wasted in W7.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

I sit in the Gasworks end of the Main Stand and heard W7 loud and clear the whole game.I even commented with 10 mins to go that W7 were still going strong.

It must be the acoustics.

I can concur with Shull. I also sit in W1 and the noise from the W7 section is just a distant rumble. The 200-odd Livvy fans were much louder.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

If the attitude of our fans to adversity is what I'm seeing and hearing, we deserve everything we get. 

If players are deciding they don't fancy the manager and are performing with less than 100% commitment due to this, they can go as far as I'm concerned. 

Seems we're excusing players who are performing in a less than professional way, as if they're wee boys rather than grown men who are paid well to represent this club. 

I support this club, not individuals. I don't personally know any of the players - or the manager - so I speak without bias on their performances, without giving them excuses that I refuse to give to others. 

I'm personally sick and tired of this season already. I'll go and support the team every week as usual but the way we've turned on the manager and a lot of new, young players is pathetic, and as stated, we deserve everything we get.

With that, I'm giving this place a miss for a while. 

You wont be missed.

Fans are upset because the manager is a fraud. We all have the best interests of St Mirren at heart, fuds like you attacking fellow supporters and backing Stubbs to destroy the team are the problem!

31 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You wont be missed.

Fans are upset because the manager is a fraud. We all have the best interests of St Mirren at heart, fuds like you attacking fellow supporters and backing Stubbs to destroy the team are the problem!

Fuds like you who are incapable of patience deserve all they get.