St Mirren v Dundee United Cup Game

St.Ricky

A storm started brewing last night that could go into Saturday. The SDA with one end packed full of Arabs will be one grey miserable place if they knock us out the cup just after the game where a lot of fans realised the great escape mark 2 looks as unlikely as Ryan Edwards being nominated for player of the year or Josh Heaton being worth 250k.

I have my ticket. I will be there. A win here is vitally important to give us some confidence going forward but I fear the worst.

Hope my fears are unfounded and your ferry sails but it looks like we've as much chance of staying up as the Titanic.

Utd will be looking forward to this a lot more than us. All the pressure on us. Any kind of win would be precious, even if it’s not in the league. 2-1 Saints and more gelling time and building match fitness for the new boys. Not confident though. Taking my son through for a birthday ‘treat’. Most of his pals are Arabs, so he’s as nervous about the game as his old man.
Actually I think there's more pressure on United. Not many pundits would view an away victory as a shock. And home supporters lacking confidence as much as the team. For United, if they can't beat us it will certainly put their own aspirations for promotion and survival in the top league into perspective.
I think it will be a good old fashioned cup tie. Blood and guts, yellow cads galore and at least 1 red (not too much football!) and be close. Too close to call for me.
Although I am hoping for a win, 2-1

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Actually I think there's more pressure on United. Not many pundits would view an away victory as a shock. And home supporters lacking confidence as much as the team. For United, if they can't beat us it will certainly put their own aspirations for promotion and survival in the top league into perspective.
I think it will be a good old fashioned cup tie. Blood and guts, yellow cads galore and at least 1 red (not too much football!) and be close. Too close to call for me.

Old fashioned cup tie sums this up for me too. No idea how to call this one so going along with an open mind. Might be a last hurrah for us this season. Maybe the start of a new adventure. Let's see.

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

We might be playing them again in the play-offs - so winning this game is a big bonus financially and moral wise - but if I had a choice and we end up against them in the play-offs - I would rather win on aggregate in that . . .   :spud7

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My excitement for this game has some what subsided. A storm is due Friday going into Saturday which may mean the ferry will not sail. Want to attended the game but feeling very nervous. 

Go on get over and book in for bed and breakfast - you owe it to yourself to have space for the celebration drinking after the game  :D

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

So you should be mate

SINKING BOAT PICTURE removed for space

You my friend are cruel . .  but funny too . . .:lol:

34 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Go on get over and book in for bed and breakfast - you owe it to yourself to have space for the celebration drinking after the game  :D

You my friend are cruel . .  but funny too . . .:lol:

Wind is westerly on Saturday 50mph which could be good for me , ferry does not sail in strong southerly winds as it makes docking dangerous.  Winds are high Saturday though weaker in the afternoon could make this game difficult for both teams. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Wind is westerly on Saturday 50mph which could be good for me , ferry does not sail in strong southerly winds as it makes docking dangerous.  Winds are high Saturday though weaker in the afternoon could make this game difficult for both teams. 

Hopefully we get the wind advantage when it is at its strongest and take a 3 goal lead !  :happyclapper

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

"Westering home with a song in the air"

Blow,  baby blow.  Subuteo... Pack the ground with Saints Fans and Blow the ball into the United Net. 

9 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Utd will be looking forward to this a lot more than us. All the pressure on us. Any kind of win would be precious, even if it’s not in the league. 2-1 Saints and more gelling time and building match fitness for the new boys. Not confident though. Taking my son through for a birthday ‘treat’. Most of his pals are Arabs, so he’s as nervous about the game as his old man.

Hope that the pair of you enjoy the game and that your son has bragging rights! 

Time for Jackson to take seat on bench,just does nothing for me...a no the duck was rubbish against well but put him up front with Mullen,even though am not his biggest fan,for a club that has always been blessed with good and great strikers over the years we surely are bottom of the barrel now with Jackson Mullen Cooke... Desperate times, desperate measures and all that crap

13 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Yes, but only if we get an Open Top bus and bar prices at 1987 rates :clapping

We could put a spin on it, have the open top bus parade for the cup win, but put ejector seats in it so we can fire the whole team into the Cart for getting relegated.

Time for Jackson to take seat on bench,just does nothing for me...a no the duck was rubbish against well but put him up front with Mullen,even though am not his biggest fan,for a club that has always been blessed with good and great strikers over the years we surely are bottom of the barrel now with Jackson Mullen Cooke... Desperate times, desperate measures and all that crap

Jackson was miles more effective than the duck on Saturday.

We are a club that has been blessed with great strikers really ?

14 hours ago, TopCat said:

Anyway, home draw to a team in the league below. Easy, right?

Must get through.

On the face of it yes, but in reality United are a sleeping giant throwing good money after bad for any kind of success.

They have a far better squad than us IMO and certainly a better manager.

After the way we were set up to start against Well on Wednesday I am absolutely dreading 3pm on Saturday...:unsure:

Edited by W6Saint