Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

Sadly I feel its the play off for us. Just can't see us getting the points and Hamilton losing both games. However I do live in hope. 

I think the St Johnstone win was significant yesterday. Don’t fancy them to get anything at Hamilton due to 7th being tied up already and could see them giving a runout to fringe players. Hope I’m wrong, but think Accies will win it.
We can only go out and try to win tomorrow and at Dundee on Saturday, which I think we can do, to at least put pressure on Accies. Still think the playoffs are where we’re heading, but stranger things have happened.

34 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Got to give you credit for persistence.......”anti-climax”

Potential play offs will be boring.....

Play-offs of course would be good but this is out of our hands even if we win next two games..all about what Hamilton do last game...

Edited by gstretchuk

16 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I think the St Johnstone win was significant yesterday. Don’t fancy them to get anything at Hamilton due to 7th being tied up already and could see them giving a runout to fringe players. Hope I’m wrong, but think Accies will win it.
We can only go out and try to win tomorrow and at Dundee on Saturday, which I think we can do, to at least put pressure on Accies. Still think the playoffs are where we’re heading, but stranger things have happened.

The killer for us was not being closer to Accies before the split. Their win at Aberdeen was a boot in the nuts, but we only have ourselves to blame as we squandered a lead at pittodrie.

It all really boils down to the fact that over the course of the season, we've been poor and deserve to be where we are. Also, failing to turn up against Motherwell last week, when we needed a huge performance, was a sickener.

As you say, "stranger things have happened". If we can produce our performance of the season and get a result on Monday, there's the faint hope that a win/draw for us v Dundee, might coincide with Hamilton's bogey team St.J, living up to their reputation and helping us out.

I think we will struggle against Hamilton and might even blow up at Dens.  Just looking at the lack of fight in the team and the hot & cold performances of McAllister-who is our game changer- and a couple of others.

I also happen to think we will prevail in the play-offs.  That being said, I think the Oran experiment has been a failure.  We simply haven't been very good in any game for more than a few bursts.

Hopefully, Gus has been scouting potential head coaches as well as potential player signings as I feel that OK will opt for safety now that he has both his old jobs and a very nice life to go back home to.  In his position, I'd call survival a success and go home saying some things are more important.

59 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think we will struggle against Hamilton and might even blow up at Dens.  Just looking at the lack of fight in the team and the hot & cold performances of McAllister-who is our game changer- and a couple of others.

I also happen to think we will prevail in the play-offs.  That being said, I think the Oran experiment has been a failure.  We simply haven't been very good in any game for more than a few bursts.

Hopefully, Gus has been scouting potential head coaches as well as potential player signings as I feel that OK will opt for safety now that he has both his old jobs and a very nice life to go back home to.  In his position, I'd call survival a success and go home saying some things are more important.

Is he? 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I doubt a part time NI league club could afford the money it would take to get him out his contract unless he h as clauses in it for such a scenario.. 

34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I doubt a part time NI league club could afford the money it would take to get him out his contract unless he h as clauses in it for such a scenario.. 

Hopefully it does and he can go!

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran is contracted till 2021 would be very surprised if he leaves. I also think it's the play off's for us though there is still an outside chance of 10th we have to go for it. Hope our fans rock the house tomorrow. 

It is easy to see the various things that stand in our way. Winning two games in a row and Hamilton not getting a win against the Fakes - but neither of these two things are beyond the possible ...

No need to give in why it is still possible...

Yes and Yes - rock the house and cheer on our Team... fans deserve to see us beat these smelly bruisers.. :spud6

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

One of their fans died in his 40's He is well known to Hamilton understand there will be 1min applause  .

Is there nor a minutes applause anyway for our supporters who died this season?

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran is contracted till 2021 would be very surprised if he leaves. I also think it's the play off's for us though there is still an outside chance of 10th we have to go for it. Hope our fans rock the house tomorrow. 

The five of us will do our best to make a lot of noise IOBS ! COYS

St Mirren vs Hamilton - three key duels in the big basement battle

GettyImages-1133879657.jpg
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

St Mirren have to beat Hamilton in Paisley if they are to avoid the dreaded relegation playoff. They host an Accies side who relegated another struggling side in basement boys Dundee last time out.

Accies can secure survival, while St Mirren have to win to try and avoid the playoff spot so who are the key battles we need to look out for this weekend?

Danny Mullen vs Ziggy Gordon

Accies and Dundee aside, the Buddies are the lowest Premiership scorers. All pressure is on Danny Mullen to replicate his wonder goal against St Johnstone a few weeks back. With two in his last three, the 24-year-old has chosen an excellent time to hit some form.

GettyImages-1133771254.jpg

Mullen is the main man at the minute for St Mirren. (photo by David Young/Action Plus via Getty Images)

Responsible for trying to stop him will be Accies stalwart Ziggy Gordon. Hamilton’s key defender may have his work cut out. St Mirren are the home side and need the win so don’t be surprised if Oran Kearney’s side come flying out the traps and look to pile on the pressure.

Stephen McGinn vs Tony Andreu

St Mirren’s club captain proves a real anchor for them at times, a protection in front of an often vulnerable defence. He must go all out to stop Accies’ primary creative influence, Tony Andreu. If he can do that, it gives the Buddies a real chance of gaining the win they desperately need.

GettyImages-1141104565.jpg

Tony Andreu tucked away his spot-kick to send Dundee down. (Photo by David Young/Action Plus via Getty Images)

A modern-day Accies legend, the Frenchman returned to the club on loan from Coventry City. The former Dundee United loanee will take great pleasure from being the one to relegate Dundee. A boost of confidence heading into a big game is massive if Accies can stave off the drop.

Paul McGinn vs Mickel Miller

Paul McGinn, like brother Stephen, is a big character in the Buddies’ changing room. Should Saints keep a clean sheet, their chances obviously increase to win the game. Fail to do so and it could cost them a potential Premiership place.

He’ll have his work cut out trying to stop Accies’ top scorer. Influential with his goals and winning the penalty at Dens, Miller is Accies’ main man in an attacking sense. He could be the difference between getting a result or not.

GettyImages-1093147848.jpg

Brian Rice is on the verge of keeping Hamilton up. (photo by David Young/Action Plus via Getty Images)

Omens don’t look good for St Mirren

The Buddies haven’t beaten Accies this season. Brian Rice‘s side have recorded two wins in the three meetings so far this season. Another would do to send St Mirren into the relegation playoff spot. It’s now or never for Oran Kearney’s men.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Rice‘s side have recorded two wins in the three meetings so far this season. Another would do to send St Mirren into the relegation playoff spot. It’s now or never for Oran Kearney’s men.

Brian Rice's side haven't beaten us at all this season. Martin Canning's side beat us twice. Twice when Brian Rice, in fact, was part of our management team on the losing side. 

I understand the point the piece is trying to make but it clearly suggests that BR has some sort of Indian sign over us this season when that's clearly not the case.

The opposite could more reasonably be argued that he was part of the issues surrounding our club rather than the upturn in his current club. 

Edited by djchapsticks

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Word is he goes for free in the close season. Hence he never intended to live over here. Piss poor appointment and contract.

Re: the article @St.Ricky posted

He’ll have his work cut out trying to stop Accies’ top scorer. Influential with his goals and winning the penalty at Dens, Miller is Accies’ main man in an attacking sense. He could be the difference between getting a result or not.

Miller has 5 league goals in 30 appearances at 437 mins per goal which is worse than Simeon Jackson 6 goals in 29 appearances and 343 minutes per goal and Mullen 5 goals in 21 appearances at 244 minutes per goal. It's almost as if Mr. Kennedy is not too well versed on the Bottom 6 of the Scottish Premiership!

PS - With a record like his (5 league goals in 30 appearances at 437 mins per goal) Miller would get slaughtered on here! :death

Edited by Bud the Baker

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Word is he goes for free in the close season. Hence he never intended to live over here. Piss poor appointment and contract.

Word is - From you this means - I have just made this up...  usual poor show from you...:hammer

The Hence does not matter as it is based on the previous made up nonsense that you thrive on...  :fire2

Piss poor appointment and contract - increasing the ridiculous, based on the previous two nonsense statements - cause you are an expert in nonsense right? :moony2

43 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Tony Andreu is the danger tomorrow. He is a class act.

Agreed he can do damage - but he has not been outstanding this time around - hoping that continues.

I think we have better players than them - we just need to play well and believe... get the goals and enjoy the 3 points along with the fans...:bounce4