Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Nazon is an total enigmatic guy but is both greedy and not as talented as he believes he is.

He'd not be starting on Monday night for my liking. 

Agreed. There's a footballer in there, but not sure he's the best playing for a team in a relegation battle, not nearly as much of a team player as Jackson or Mullen. Both of them work really hard, and Jackson, for a guy nearing the end of his career, is totally committed, always looks delighted when we score. 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:14 AM, gstretchuk said:
On 5/5/2019 at 2:41 PM, elvis said:

You can write the script for this just now Hamilton will score from another defensive f**k up then sit back and watch us huff and puff for the rest of the game my predicton 1-1 or 1-0 Hamilton

Defo agree..game will be a bore-fest...decided no to bother going and watch on tv...hardly used season ticket this year..3 of us going for indian instead..

Why not go the whole hog and go to India to get it and take Shull, Shetland and the clones with you.  😆

On 5/8/2019 at 1:19 PM, Iamhammer said:

I would genuinely change the ball boys for this by using the U16's or at least older kids.  Some of the children at the St Johnstone game seemed to take ages getting the ball back,

Maybe put an extra six on , who we can take off again if it suits us

Nazon has zero workrate which is a big issue. He is also hopeless as a lone striker as he cannot jump nor bring others into play. He does look half decent when he has space around him to play into and he can take a man on. The problem there is he does not know when to stop taking people on, runs into trouble, and refuses to pass. A change of attitude and workrate, playing him wider, and some decent coaching may make him a decent player. But none of that will happen before the season ends.

Cody tries hard but still looks way out of his depth and well off the pace. His height is useful for the last 10 mins of a game but overall he looks like a Junior player playing in the Premiership (which he is). Maybe next season he will improve but not before the season ends.

So that leaves us with Jackson and Mullen as the first choice pairing and the only forwards who have scored goals for us. If Danny plays the whistle and stops falling about his contribution would improve. But works hard. Jackson looks a far better player when he is with another striker however he is not a natural goalscorer but we don't have one of these anyway. But at least he chases things down, tracks back and works hard for the team. We may only need one goal to settle this and it does not matter who scores it. Step up Kyle Magennis, Paul McGinn, Gary Mac or whoever, and be a hero.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, Lord Pityme said:

We'll see who starts, and how we fare with that starting lineup?

i would be surprised if he starts with both Hobbits, given they contributed the square root of f-all against Well, and were simply brushed aside. Big call, for a season decider in 90+ minutes!

Well the Hobbits kicked the Orcs arse didnt they :P

Mullen & Cooke for me;

Not overloaded with technical ability as a strikeforce but they at least have a bit of fight about them and make the correct decisions on occasion... 

And it's one combination I don't believe we've tried yet. 

Nazon is Goncalves with 2 left feet ie; lazy and enigmatic without any positive return.

I'd be hesitant to call Jackson a footballer - the words hee and haw come to mind.

55 minutes ago, shetland said:

None of those. 

I am actually Elvis when I am in bad mood. 

You told me you were a woman !!!

You certainly are a right tit,

so you were sort of correct :P  

Edited by DougJamie

Mullen & Cooke for me;
Not overloaded with technical ability as a strikeforce but they at least have a bit of fight about them and make the correct decisions on occasion... 
And it's one combination I don't believe we've tried yet. 
Nazon is Goncalves with 2 left feet ie; lazy and enigmatic without any positive return.
I'd be hesitant to call Jackson a footballer - the words hee and haw come to mind.
Isma was light years better than Nazon, night and day, no comparison.

The Duck is probably the greediest player I have ever seen pull on the stripes. He's only here to try and score another goal for this highlight reel. I'd hope he is on the bench or in the stand for the remainder of the season.

I know OK was desperate to sign a target man in January, but it hasn't worked out. The Duck and Cooke would struggle in League 2. No use for the upcoming games.

19 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The Duck is probably the greediest player I have ever seen pull on the stripes. He's only here to try and score another goal for this highlight reel. I'd hope he is on the bench or in the stand for the remainder of the season.

I know OK was desperate to sign a target man in January, but it hasn't worked out. The Duck and Cooke would struggle in League 2. No use for the upcoming games.

The Duck has not performed in the stripes as any of us would have hoped. He does try and do too much and he would be delighted at having some more goals for his highlights reel. However, I for one  would be happy if he bags some goals for us in these last two games... I do think he knows where the net is, but because of his other faults, he is not getting a lot of game time or scoring chances. IF he is being used, it is better early on as the alternative is taking someone harder working off...

If he's on the bench I have no issue with that but I think Cooke maybe still improving - he did physically help (leaned on the defender) with Magennis's goal last week...

It has been a huge step up for him - we will soon see if the management rate him for the future in a couple of weeks time..

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

You told me you were a woman !!!

You certainly are a right tit,

so you were sort of correct :P  

Are you a Lenny Henry tribute Act now ? 

Never said I wasn't a woman. 

Elvis, like Shetland is a made up name in order to post anonymously on a Football Forum. 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Oh Whoopeeeee look at the attention from having aliases . . .  :bounce2

Thanks for seeking me out. You never miss a post. Would be a shite forum if nobody gave attention to posts made. 

Uncle Colm strikes again. 

58 minutes ago, shetland said:

Are you a Lenny Henry tribute Act now ? 

Never said I wasn't a woman. 

Elvis, like Shetland is a made up name in order to post anonymously on a Football Forum. 

Damn and here is me posting my name and gender. Oh take all sorts Shull. Thought Blow Up Betty would be more appropiate for u....😀