Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

You are totally missing the point. We failed to fulfil fixtures and the investigation proved that the club and players FAILED to adhere to the protocols. You chucking in the Bankhouse was just a smokescreen. Had they done that in addition they would have been suspended. Two Sevco players were banned for 7 games btw,

Not missing the point simply highlighting the grey areas that exist in the current climate.

What are the protocols. Ive yet to see these protocols in an media, SPFL webpage or Government Webpage. Also are these protocols rules or laws. Have they been passed by the members.

The SPFL are made up of members. They are not permitted to act off their own back and enforce rules and punishment.

If you can direct me to the protocols then i would be enlightened. 

Not missing the point simply highlighting the grey areas that exist in the current climate.
What are the protocols. Ive yet to see these protocols in an media, SPFL webpage or Government Webpage. Also are these protocols rules or laws. Have they been passed by the members.
The SPFL are made up of members. They are not permitted to act off their own back and enforce rules and punishment.
If you can direct me to the protocols then i would be enlightened. 
The club has a copy.

You can ask for one here.

[email protected] or [email protected]

27 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Annex 11 seems to focus on the stadium, a club and activities in relation to them and to games.

I might have missed where it dictates that clubs should scrutinise players travel in cars, minibuses or coaches. I could easily be wrong.

St Mirren as a club seems to me to be severely punished for actions taken by individuals (which I accept outsiders think were misguided and thoughtless, though not malicious).  Hindsight, allied with intelligence is a wonderful thing.  The eedjit players should have been told - and player who are not well enough paid to travel (eg fro Glasgow to train with/play for QoS) should be given travel allowances - just like Big Companies had money thrown at them for fat cats being furloughed.

As others have posted - there must have been many, many similar breaches of personal protocols at clubs around the country.  Some of which might well have been the vectors that infected St Mirren.

The punishment does not fit the crime.

Edited by antrin

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

I did say in my previous post that the club have been issued with the protocols. I’ve just posted the guidelines that are available to Joe Public.

The main issue is that we failed to fulfil fixtures and the findings were that we breached a number of protocols. 

FairyNuff.

But, like your good self,  I did also say in a previous post that the punishment is egregious.

Which it f**kin certainly is.

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I did say in my previous post that the club have been issued with the protocols. I’ve just posted the guidelines that are available to Joe Public.

The main issue is that we failed to fulfil fixtures and the findings were that we breached a number of protocols. 

Losing points ,ok  ,possible  fine ,ok

But 3-0 scores ,no way ,really puts our goal difference  in the shit ,they should appeal  the scoreline

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Yflab, I agree with a lot of what you say but there is no denying that Killie and ourselves have been punished when at least one club with a bigger squad has got away with it (Dundee United) purely because they could field a team. That, for me , is fundamentally unfair especially when the GK situation was forced upon us with no blame being attached the the club by the SPFL.

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

And I’ve stated that argument all along.

We should have considered expanding the squad to include youth players in the testing to deal with such a situation. It’s typical St Mirren trying to do things on the cheap. SMiSA helped out with the costs of the Academy players. I’m sure most of us would have helped out to deal with added costs of testing those senior academy players if they formed part of the squad during this pandemic.

It still doesn’t sit well with me that the club failed those protocols. 

Again I agree, where we may differ is I think that every club that fails the protocols should be punished equally and wealthier clubs ( I say that advisedly as Utd are currently a financial basket-case) being able to field a team should neither be here nor there, it's why I think the two 3-0 results should never have been in play.

Having just read the 15 pager of SPFL,certainly paints the picture of a huge lack of understanding of the protocols issued. A lack of communication of these down to players,even the SMFC version of the do and donts.

The QOTS match seems to be the cause deemed most likely to start all the chaos, wonder who our appointed Covid officers were at that time.

And as for a robust defence... Laughable

Normally a Bubble gets burst with a prick on the outside,seems in our case, the prick came from within it. Hopefully the new Covid officers appointed are up to the task.

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’m going to ask at the AGM why we did not increase the squad size to include academy players.

Perhaps I’m taking an alternative approach as my whole career was based around Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. 

My opinion based on the evidence to date is that our club have been extremely shortsighted in looking at the impact of this pandemic and did not appear to fully consider the ramifications of not being able to field a squad and the failing to have adhered to the protocols. It’s the second part of that that hurts the most. I can accept that players could have contracted the virus in the same way you or I could have done and it impacted many staff, but to have failed the protocols just smacks of incompetence.

But as I’ve said before - what is the difference between being in a bubble at training or match and being in physical contact, but then you can’t share a space in a car, a bus or a restaurant. Yes the rules suck. But it was proven that we did indeed breach those rules,

I just hope the players can turn this problem around and use it as a positive motivation to climb the table to safety.

The bottom line is that, as far as I can see, the SPFL, having failed to get agreement on imparting 3-0 reversal for breaching protocols, have circumvented the will of the majority of their members by using an already existing ruling which was meant for an entirely different reason. It was never intended for an international pandemic. As for increasing our squad size. Given that the 3-0 reversal was knocked back by all but four clubs, why would Saints, at a time where money is more than tight, add to their financial plight by including the youngsters just in case?

image.png.b0ca2b639becf82ebbf43625605eb4b2.png

It's a crock of shit and the club should fight this in the Courts if need be, how many clubs have broke these protocols,  Players sitting having meals together, Sitting too close on the bus, Car sharing, I'll tell you....  ALL OF THEM....  

SMISA get the cash out,  It would never happen to Celtic or Rangers with a title on the line and everyone knows that, So it shouldn't happen to us.

A skelp on the arse and a suspended large fine for anymore breaches that's what it should have been, 😠

Edited by portmahomack saint

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

It's a crock of shit and the club should fight this in the Courts if need be, how many clubs have broke these protocols,  Players sitting having meals together, Sitting too close on the bus, Car sharing, I'll tell you....  ALL OF THEM....  

SMISA get the cash out,  It would never happen to Celtic or Rangers with a title on the line and everyone knows that, So it shouldn't happen to us.

A skelp on the arse and a suspended large fine for anymore breaches that's what it should have been, 😠

Probably a bit away from going to court 

According to a Twitter feed last night an appeal must be lodged 5 working days from judgment 

Cost £1000 just to start with + legal fees,add to that costs of “ robust defence” and hearing fees,may well beyond our reach 

That appeal may well go to the SFA and all that means is an expensive failure IMHO so probably time to move on sadly 

17 minutes ago, alanb said:

Probably a bit away from going to court 

According to a Twitter feed last night an appeal must be lodged 5 working days from judgment 

Cost £1000 just to start with + legal fees,add to that costs of “ robust defence” and hearing fees,may well beyond our reach 

That appeal may well go to the SFA and all that means is an expensive failure IMHO so probably time to move on sadly 

Another ridiculous concept gearing to the better off clubs. It's tantamount to blackmail.

These rants are ungrounded ... as soon as our last minute call off against accies happened we knew there would be consequences... begging the question why do we have so many cases..... answer is clear... we didnt follow guidelines and put people at risk.... lucky we got away 6 points and didnt get Nicolas red card..... goodys hard luck story this season is making us out as victims ....when in fact we are presently just not good enough to finish off chances...

Edited by DougJamie

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Team photos are taken outside, there's little risk involved. 

A different kettle of frogs to being inside for longer periods. 

But they're all sitting shoulder to shoulder for period of time. Have you ever seen one of these sessions? They don't just take a few minutes. Clearly, Covid protocols are being breached.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

These rants are ungrounded ... as soon as our last minute call off against accies happened we knew there would be consequences... begging the question why do we have so many cases..... answer is clear... we didnt follow guidelines and put people at risk.... lucky we got away 6 points and didnt get Nicolas red card..... goodys hard luck story this season is making us out as victims ....when in fact we are presently just not good enough to finish off chances...

I don’t think anyone is denying the club has done wrong, the issues for me are 

- is the punishment fair to the crime? And the answer IMO is absolutely not, it’s far too harsh 

- fairness & consistency, other clubs have breached, most recently Dundee United (likely from what has been released publicly) is it fair that clubs with bigger squads, more testing & capability to segregate players get lessor punishments than teams that can’t afford to do it? Surely not because it sends the message that bigger clubs can buy less severe punishments. 

As for your point in a possible red card. There has been several examples across Scotland that has risked this & to date I’ve seen little punishment. 
- Celtic fan behaviour 

- Celtic players inviting a partner over without her isolating then going about training as normal 

- Rangers players going to parties 
- Dundee United player fighting with a taxi driver 

Sure there are others & I think it’s beyond doubt that St Mirren & Killie have been much harsher impacted for not much more significant breaches. Yes some of these points are against individuals & fans but precedent has been set in other examples and authorities where clubs are punished, so why not the SPFL?