Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

24 minutes ago, mattman said:

Can’t remember the last thread on here the bold Baz hasn’t had a bicker with someone😂 least he has seemed to have moved on from BEK🤪

You've made the schoolboy error mentioning his name, his mummy will be waking him up right now to come along with some utter drivel.

Watch this space, but don't quote him FFS!  :lol:

2 hours ago, mattman said:

Can’t remember the last thread on here the bold Baz hasn’t had a bicker with someone😂 least he has seemed to have moved on from BEK🤪

There’s almost always a common theme & it’s that I don’t start it. See above, ^^^

I gave a perfectly reasonable view that I wouldn’t have made a statement today with Walter Smith passing & FS near enough had a mental breakdown 😂

The SFA/SPFL have decided that it isn’t an important matter that needs dealt with urgently.

most Saints fans on Twitter agree that it’s a nothing matter.

why have so many on here got their blue knickers in a twist?.  :unsure:

it's really only words. Jokes, quips.

8 minutes ago, Hagleybuddies said:

JN would have lost his job in the bank for this, the tweets aren’t those of a wee boy who doesn’t know any better.

It is embarrassing in the extreme.

Time for proper leadership from him, resign now and pay the fine personally.

Proper leadership from him would be to stay, ignore the whataboutery and continue doing his job.

Lads & lassies,

I'm out the loop on what is lawful/unlawful or sectarian/nonsectarian in Scotland. Living in England has it's benefits of no one I know gives a toss about religion/sectarianism.

Has John Needham offended Rangers or has his tweets been unlawful?

If the former, he should be censured not to do it again and be reminded of his responsibilities the Chairmanship of St Mirren FC brings & he should fight tooth & nail to never give rangers 2 stands ever again.

Edited by Kombibuddie

30 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Lads & lassies,

I'm out the loop on what is lawful/unlawful or sectarian/nonsectarian in Scotland. Living in England has it's benefits of no one I know gives a toss about religion/sectarianism.

Maybe these lads will keep you right.....See the source image

By the definitions going around - are we all committing a hate crime by singing the Stevie Thompson song? "Played for the h_n's but we don't care"

The reality is that it's down to JN to decide if his position is tenable

If not, he will resign

Can't imagine he will be sacked if he doesn't want to resign 

Some **** are being honest on *** sites and are slagging off fellow **** for being pathetic losers with no sense of humour simply because they want to play whataboutery.

You all know they are proud of their appalling behaviour and they don’t care.

lighten up.  It IS only fitba.

john Needham is not ruining the planet, not letting countless thousands catch Covid and die, not voting to pump millions of gallons of shite into our rivers and seas.

he is amusing.  He says what all non-**** have been scared to say.  He should stay.

and I’m now bored responding to po-faced posters.

23 minutes ago, antrin said:

lighten up.  It IS only fitba.

john Needham is not ruining the planet, not letting countless thousands catch Covid and die, not voting to pump millions of gallons of shite into our rivers and seas.

he is amusing.  He says what all non-**** have been scared to say.  He should stay.

It’s not just “Fitba” its a business and he’s is the front man of that business. The comments he made are not becoming of a Director of any business irrespective of the “banter” that is thrown about between fans.

For a person that was in the roles that he held at RBS you would have expected better. He has tarnished the SMFC brand and allows other that are undeserving to take the moral high ground to deflect from their own issues.

It’s your opinion that he is amusing. However other clubs fans and their Directors are now laughing at him not with him. 

Surely we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to the OF fans when talking about this situation. If it was a joke then it has to be funny, I'm no snowflake but using the H** word isn't funny IMO. The Bridge "joke" again isn't particularly funny. If they'd said that about our fans there would be an uproar from our fans, so whatever will be will be at the end of the day.

11 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Surely we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to the OF fans when talking about this situation. If it was a joke then it has to be funny, I'm no snowflake but using the H** word isn't funny IMO. The Bridge "joke" again isn't particularly funny. If they'd said that about our fans there would be an uproar from our fans, so whatever will be will be at the end of the day.

And @antrin would be shouting the loudest.

His hypocrisy is astounding. 

I think this John Needham sounds like a splendid fellow. Calling out the rascist bigots is not a crime, and its a disgrace that he hasnt received the support from the Club and fans that he deserves.

I am also disappointed in the so called fans on here who have critisised him. I think this 'Slash' is probably a Rangers fan. If Saints are your second team then we really dont need you.

No wonder our team got humped yet again at the weekend

39 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I think this John Needham sounds like a splendid fellow. Calling out the rascist bigots is not a crime, and its a disgrace that he hasnt received the support from the Club and fans that he deserves.

I am also disappointed in the so called fans on here who have critisised him. I think this 'Slash' is probably a Rangers fan. If Saints are your second team then we really dont need you.

FFS, what a car crash of a post. 

57 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Your living up to your title.