Rangers International FC v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 15/4/23

shull

In games against the old firm teams you desperately need the ball to stick up front, to release the pressure on the defence/midfield. 
Ayunga and Main did this superbly against Celtic and this was at least in part, the reason for our success.

One of them will definitely not be playing and the other possibly not. 
That’s my main concern. 
We will also miss Strain’s energy down the right hand side.

Stating the obvious I guess, but I’d be more confident if we had our full squad to pick from. The point being I ordinarily wouldn’t have ANY confidence going into a match at Ibrox, even with our full squad. 

5 hours ago, Jockmd said:

With the potential withdrawal of a few of our regular players, I would like to see our manager give Jay Henderson the opportunity of playing, not in his wing position, but in a centre forward one.  Jay I believe is the best at shooting at goal in our squad.

It might come to that. 

17 hours ago, Jockmd said:

With the potential withdrawal of a few of our regular players, I would like to see our manager give Jay Henderson the opportunity of playing, not in his wing position, but in a centre forward one.  Jay I believe is the best at shooting at goal in our squad.

I totally agree with this! :) 

When we play either of the Old firm (especially away), I see anything gained as bonus points. I am fully prepared for the usual defeat, however I do feel that we are probably as well equipped as we have been in 35 years to go there and actually get something.  

Hopefully 0-0 or 0-1 with a bit of luck.

Realistically 2-0.

I seem to remember that we got a draw against Celtic last season with a team that was even more depleted Than the one we're likely to have this weekend.

I'm not in the 'have a go' club, I'm afraid, though it would be nice to think we had the players to allow us to do that. We need to defend for our lives and the point made above about having front players who can hold the ball to relieve pressure on midfield and defence is key.

Tonight's Champions League game may also have some influence on the game at the weekend. If Liverpool return to form and dish out a real doing, that might help us.

It is possible to have faith in the manager who organised the available bodies a fortnight ago against a far superior teams bigots, and achieved an understated 2-0 victory.

I’m confident that he’s working on it.

The blue shower are simply not as talented as the other lot.  Nor do they have the depth of talent in which to draw.
It’ll be fine.

As others have said, usually anything at all is a bonus when up against the bigots.  However, this time I am quietly confident of getting something from this game, although a lot will depend on who is/isn't available, especially to make the ball stick up front when we have it.

I do agree with antrin, this mob are not as good as the other mob, but this is at their patch, not ours.

Of course, unless we take the 3 points, the other mob will be accusing us of being closet h*ns and lying down to them.

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Still think our defence is a bit dodgy can see colak having a field day if he gets as much room as we gave Anderson on Saturday.

I have to say I agree to a certain extent.

Colak,  in the few games ive seen him, is top class.

If they double up with Morelos we could be in trouble.

On the other hand we really handled Celtic very well, reducing them to very few clear cut chances. 

5 hours ago, antrin said:

It is possible to have faith in the manager who organised the available bodies a fortnight ago against a far superior teams bigots, and achieved an understated 2-0 victory.

I’m confident that he’s working on it.

The blue shower are simply not as talented as the other lot.  Nor do they have the depth of talent in which to draw.
It’ll be fine.

I certainly hope you are right @antrin Pity that their match against Liverpool is on the Monday. A day later might have helped.

If Strain injured Fraser right back and Joe back in to make up back five, Gogic, in midfield with Erhahon, Baccus and Ohara. Hopefully fit striker to play up top....pretty decent team..

Shut up ya wee fanny, nobody asked for your wee man input...go away!
See what I did there? [emoji16]

Faraway Saint has single handedly killed this forum, After 5 years of not visiting because of him I can't believe how far this place has sank.

Such a shame and such a waste.

Anyone else would if been kicked off long ago and have been, Real St Mirren people have been shunted from here while he remains.

Unfortunately all I've done is feed his ego but I'm disgusted that he's still here and aloud to kill every thread and every valuable discussion.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

As bad as we might hope they are, any team winning 4-0 at Tynecastle can't be bad. 

I think it will go as usual with us failing to leave a glove on them and losing 2 or 3 nil. 

Unfortunately, as much as I hope I'm wrong, I think so too. :( Still going, though...just in case. :) 

From St Mirren SLO Page on Facebook.

Rangers v St Mirren Info

Sat 8th Oct 3pm K.O
Ref: Nick Walsh

️● Please note there is a rail strike on matchday but the underground is still operational.

️●Roadworks are currently operational on Edminston Drive. Avoid this area if at all possible.

️●Travel club supporters buses should park on Broomloan Road as directed.

️●There will be a search of all supporters before entering the turnstiles.

️●Flags will be allowed as long as there are no offensive slogans are displayed with an area made available for display. All flags must meet fire regulations.

️●The Drum is allowed but will be searched.

️●There is no smoking or vaping allowed inside Ibrox Stadium.

️●The away turnstiles will be 76 & 77.

#COYS #StMirren