St Mirren v Arbroath, 22/7/23

After yesterday's defeat and, more worrying, poor performance we go into this game needing a win.

Last season Arbroath pulled off a victory late in the game, down to us not being able to score after having most of the play. 

Arbroath have had a major turnover in players and it's early days if they turn out to be any good.

Got to get off to a good start, be aggressive and, fingers crossed, get an early goal. 

To avoid a re-run of the last two matches:

We must score

We must score first

we must score early

I’m hoping we line up with an attacking formation with McMenemin up front, not WB.

I think we need Olusanya’s physical presence up too too.

Nahmani will come on at some point and I expect him to hit the ground running with a goal. We may also have our new (secret) superstar available.

I have watched out last two matches and we were not good, in fact we were very poor, but I think we’ll be much better and more aggressive at home. And with a bit more luck we’ll manage to score !

I expect us to win this comfortably.

3-0 home win

We should be wiping the floor with these teams. 

Of course, we won't.

Mandron is a donkey. I don't know why we paid money for a winger when we let one go for nothing because Robinson doesn't play wingers. 

This game needs to be over and done in the early stages of the match but I don't see where we will get our goals.

I predict another embarrassing performance and maybe a 0-0 draw. League cup over for yet another season

Edited by stlucifer

I think we can dispense with the Montrose game and see how the side perform on Saturday.  I will be watching online again.  I don't see the sense of signing a winger and trying to turn him into a wing-back, perhaps coaching him to track and cover a bit more would make sense but if he isn't that kind of player then we really need to play to his strengths.

The possibility of 2 new strikers is exciting, as always we struggled to get the ball to the front players on Saturday and the manager needs to work out how he will improve delivery into and around the box so that the forwards can be a success.  That will tell us if he has a plan for the side that can work

12 hours ago, stlucifer said:

If he did that would be a first as he hasn't played in the time I've seen him on the park

Only seen a couple of clips of him so won't right him off just yet or make any judgement, he's obviously not played a lot of games recently but unless there's a big improvement in those clips I saw we could be looking at a signing in the Brock-Masden Josh Heaton mould.

In Robo we trust  :blink: 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Only seen a couple of clips of him so won't right him off just yet or make any judgement, he's obviously not played a lot of games recently but unless there's a big improvement in those clips I saw we could be looking at a signing in the Brock-Masden Josh Heaton mould.

In Robo we trust  :blink: 

My 14 YO grandson watched for two minutes and had him sussed out. That's how poor he's been. We watched him v Morton, then Montrose and he doesn't seem to know how to kick a football.