St Mirren v Arbroath, 22/7/23

2 hours ago, Jockmd said:

Raising politics again?  It's not about the player but the conduct of the state who killed yet another Palestinian teenager in the West Bank yesterday. 

Here's an Irish politician expressing to the Israeli ambassador his views...

Well said sir 

He soon wiped the smile of her face, would have like to have heard his answers to those points raised 

8 hours ago, Jockmd said:

Raising politics again?  It's not about the player but the conduct of the state who killed yet another Palestinian teenager in the West Bank yesterday. 

Here's an Irish politician expressing to the Israeli ambassador his views...

Nothing to say about the football? 

Jesus wept. 👎

Just re watched yesterday's goals. All good efforts. The more I watch Stavs the more impressed I get. On his debut and you got the feeling that as soon as he got the ball on both occasions he had planned where that ball was going and cool enough to execute it. I don't think Brophy, Watt or Main would have scored those.

7 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Apparently this is the Saints versus Arbroath thread, kindly keep it on subject and take your political views somewhere relevant…..far away from here would be an excellent start.

Unfortunately when Stav Nahmani was signed by our club a certain poster immediately raised serious political objections regarding his appointment by the club. I’m sure Stav would have read that discussion as the players are human and will read social media, newspapers and fan forums. 

So my throwaway comment yesterday was to ask where the protest was against the club signing who scored a tremendous double.

My apologies if I offended anyone with that comment. I personally believe the comments made on the “welcome” thread regarding Israeli politics was completely unnecessary without knowing the views of the player concerned. 

18 hours ago, elvis said:

Could have been about 7 but for there keeper making 3 excellent stops in first half second half they came out and had a go at us but once we got 3 Rd we settled back down Nahmani took his 2 goals very well but we need to remember the level of opposition hopefully he can keep it up and I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong .

If you’re a good lad, maybe Santa will bring you a punctuation mark or two this Xmas.    Oh, and it’s their keeper - not there keeper !   
imbecile 🙄

57 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

If you’re a good lad, maybe Santa will bring you a punctuation mark or two this Xmas.    Oh, and it’s their keeper - not there keeper !   
imbecile 🙄

Go f**k yourself you f**king knob. 

Edited by elvis

A last minute decision to attend was made insightful by the brace from the debut boy. Also impressed by Sutherland, he definitely has something. Arbroath were poor and we ought to have scored many more but 4 goals is unusual for us. Still need vast improvement from the defence but it may come with time. Incidentally, got my season ticket in the post yesterday 👍

17 hours ago, antrin said:

Quite a post after a good day for St Mirren!

Superficial, ageist, attacking St Mirren fans and off-topic.

I would guess you were fartaway posting with yet another nom de plume, but as you seem to be literate, I’ll just assume you are related to him.

Ps for clarity - there have been no anti-Israeli protests as far as I know.  There have been posts about Zionist repression of Palestinians in their occupied homeland - and a hope that this guy just wanting to play fitba is a good guy.  

But stir up irrelevant shite about him, if you wish.

Oh shut up FFS...Its a football forum ya fud

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Oh shut up FFS...Its a football forum ya fud

That was the point of my post - which you were unable to understand, obviously.

It wasn’t me that took the thread off subject..

I had simply noted in moderately polite terms what you’ve now repeated - less graciously.

Ya dud.  :)