St Mirren v Queen of the South Scottish Cup Fourth Round

shull

1 hour ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Saints said it was due to lack of cameras.  Your reason makes no sense considering Motherwell v Alloa is being broadcast right now !!

As is Kilmarnock v Dundee

I’m only going by what I was told by someone who is part of the team that provides league match commentary. 

I spent the day enjoying the sun and the beach instead of (scrappy?) 1-0 victory. 

Main thing is we are in the next round and Curtis isn’t!

Not long home, to be fair we were never in any danger, 2 disallowed, hit the bar, had a couple cleared from or near the line and Gogic's header was a cracker. Other than that McMenamin is a waste of a wage and Jamieson was all action when he came on.

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Not long home, to be fair we were never in any danger, 2 disallowed, hit the bar, had a couple cleared from or near the line and Gogic's header was a cracker. Other than that McMenamin is a waste of a wage and Jamieson was all action when he came on.

I agree. We totally dominated possession; it's the first game back after the winter break. We're in the hat and that's all that matters.

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Lewis was the difference between a team looking at a draw and a winning side.  Energy, willingness  to take the ball on and he always looked to go for some kind of creative move.  We  suddenly gained some purpose when he came on and Kwon seemed to pick up too when he gained Lewis as an outlet.  I think he is destined for really good things but not before this manager decides he is not of the required quality and moves him on.  Craig Brown was famous for saying that any player who knocked on his door looking for a chance would be given the opportunity to play his way out of contention and I fear that a nod from Robinson to a younger payer is a similar curse.

McMenamin, on the other hand looks very unhappy and this manifests itself in a lack of heart.  He stood and watched an opposition midfielder jump and win a high ball with no obvious sign that he knew what to do to try and compete.  He would always be second favourite to a taller player but you need to try and put the other guy off or anticipate a mistake by good positioning, but he did neither.  Every ball he was given was used in a square or backward pass and a forward with no instinct to attack is a luxury we can't afford.  He will keep getting chance though as he is Robinson's prime signing.  If only he was just a waste of a wage, he is also a waste of the biggest transfer fee we have paid for quite a while and I suspect that a player who commands that kind of fee also commands a higher than average wage.  I fear we were the victims of some hype and non-existent competition for his signature by his agent and former club.  I hope that whatever Robinson thinks he saw in him will be fulfilled but I won't hold my breath in that regard.

The forward line is generally quite poor but in my opinion, Ayunga should be dropped at once. He had his chance as perhaps a sympathy vote after a long injury, but he contributes nothing, is slow, cumbersome, cannot jump, tackle or pass. Times up, get rid during the window, as at least Mandron has a football brain and much more likely to score or make a telling pass. Was impressed with Lewis when he came on as sub. Fingers crossed for the draw later, no old firm please. 

35 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

The forward line is generally quite poor but in my opinion, Ayunga should be dropped at once. He had his chance as perhaps a sympathy vote after a long injury, but he contributes nothing, is slow, cumbersome, cannot jump, tackle or pass. 

The injury he has recovered from historically ended players careers. He cannot be expected to be operating at peak match fitness. These injuries can be both physical and mentally challenging to recover from. 
It’s not as though he was scoring like KVV of Motherwell before his injury. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

The injury he has recovered from historically ended players careers. He cannot be expected to be operating at peak match fitness. These injuries can be both physical and mentally challenging to recover from. 
It’s not as though he was scoring like, anything, before his injury. 

Agreed 

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

It’s not as though he was scoring like KVV of Motherwell before his injury. 

Agree with you, but he is not good enough for this level of football, nor was before the injury. Cannot afford to have a passenger , best give a free transfer back to England non league. 

4 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Agree with you, but he is not good enough for this level of football, nor was before the injury. Cannot afford to have a passenger , best give a free transfer back to England non league. 

Perhaps you might want to consider putting your viewpoint to the manager at the Q&A that takes place soon.

Perhaps you might want to ask big Ayunga to visit your workplace and then you can listen to him critique your performance. 😜