Sign in to follow this  
FS

Love St redevelopment approved.

Is anyone seriously having a word with this Sanctuary mob about naming the development after St Mirren associations ? I bet it ends up with a shitey standard housing brochure name like 'Merksworth Gardens' !

Nothing wrong with the name Merksworth, sounds better than Grammar Butt Way

North Bank Terrace would be the most obvious one for me. There a Lapsley Avenue on the old Cadbury site. Another Street named Lapsley would just confuse the taxi and cab drivers. Doesnae take much...

As much as we joke, Perhaps Gordon Scott and SMISA could work with Paul Kelly at AS Homes to ensure the history of the club and site is reflected and recognised in the development. It is a really good opportunity and important part of the town's history, never mind the club.

Plenty of fitba ground redevelopments have cleverly incorporated the site's history. I like the idea of having cobbled lines through the streets to reflect the pitch markings...similar to the way the route of the Berlin wall is remembered.

Middlesbrough's old ground, Ayresome Park, was turned into a housing estate. There are a few subtle sculptures around the estate...a football where the centre spot would have been, a pair of boots I think where the dugout was  and jackets hanging on a fence to indicate where the goalposts would have been. Simple, but a wee nod to the history.

In terms of street names, Dargo Drive to celebrate the final goal! 

35 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

On a related theme was in Britsh Legion club on Glasgow Rd today for a funeral.
Saw they are fair cracking on with what was going to be Tesco site, Lidl now?

Have they moved Glasgow Rd?