Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Then what you might be suggesting is that big Higdon could be coming back, I would welcome him back with open arms, but the moaning faced twats who sit around me in the west stand might not be so welcoming to the big man. If indeed it is him then I would imagine bigger clubs than us would be willing to offer more cash than us.

I wonder how he would gel with Thompson, though. Oh, and we always have the returning player scenario to factor in....

John McGinn is a good young player but is a long long way off being as good as Kenny McLean. He will need to find consistency and that won't be easy at his age

Not sure where you're getting that from, he's been consistently excellent in every match he's played in. I don't think any of our current players have had about 10 excellent games in a row like McGinn has.

Both McLean and McGinn are fantastic talents, I expect McLean to leave for a decent sum either now or at the end of the season and it will probably be McGinn's turn next season. Kieran Doran will be the next one to break through and if we keep providing talent like we are, then we'll grow into a club that the players will want to stay at through their best years, rather than leaving just before them punk.gif

Personally I like Imrie - he has many attributes and was far too good to be in the first division - I dislike negative fans shouting stuff at any of our players.

BUT - I think DI is disappointed with his own form in general and has not played as well as we'd hoped. Maybe he has reached his peak maye there is far more to come from Mr Imrie - I'd like to see him stay and show us what he can do.

I'm afraid the stick comes with the territory though

In saying that, I don't think he has done too badly the past month and a half or so. A cracking finish v inverness most notably.

Not sure where you're getting that from, he's been consistently excellent in every match he's played in. I don't think any of our current players have had about 10 excellent games in a row like McGinn has.

Both McLean and McGinn are fantastic talents, I expect McLean to leave for a decent sum either now or at the end of the season and it will probably be McGinn's turn next season. Kieran Doran will be the next one to break through and if we keep providing talent like we are, then we'll grow into a club that the players will want to stay at through their best years, rather than leaving just before them punk.gif

I've only seen John McGinn once and to fair he was anonymous at Tannadice. Too many games possibly? Hopefully he comes back refreshed after the break and if McLean is to stay the manager has more choices.

I'd love us to become a club that top players stay with long term. It won't happen though and the likes of McLean will always move on at a young age as a long as salaries are so much higher in the English leagues.

I'm afraid your right like most clubs we do hence why we need to sell to survive, I have never heard DL or any club official say we are debt free ?

If and when we do sell on McLean I really don't see DL getting much if anything from the sale, this money will be used to clear bank debts and general running costs of the club. Remember if in the region of 500k or 750k as been mentioned that will be spread over maybe 1 to 2 years paid in instalments and most likely subject to Kenny's performances/appearances.

John McGinn is a good young player but is a long long way off being as good as Kenny McLean. He will need to find consistency and that won't be easy at his age

You mean the inconsistent Kenny McLean? John McGinn's a long, long way off being as good as Steven Gerrard. He's not a long, long way off being as good as Kenny McLean.

McGinn has been more consistent than McLean this season. He has faded a bit recently which is to be expected from a youngster but Kenny was posted missing for months this season with no excuses. Kenny has shown some of his undoubted talent recently and that is the only problem I have with McLean - too many games where he is invisible.

From OS ....

St Mirren manager, Danny Lennon has 19-year-old Legia Warsaw striker Patryk Mikita in on trial this week with a view to signing the player on a loan deal until the end of the season.

Danny said, “We have been offered Patryk on loan until the end of the season and we have been advised that he is capable of playing in the SPL.

“We will run the rule over him this week and make a final decision at the end of the week.”

Guest somner9
From OS ....

St Mirren manager, Danny Lennon has 19-year-old Legia Warsaw striker Patryk Mikita in on trial this week with a view to signing the player on a loan deal until the end of the season.

Danny said, “We have been offered Patryk on loan until the end of the season and we have been advised that he is capable of playing in the SPL.

“We will run the rule over him this week and make a final decision at the end of the week.”

Re Danny's last line there... can we take it he'll been feckin injured by saturday then?

Likewise I'm no expert in finances but either way we certainly are not debt free, I'd be very surprised if any SPL club are to be honest, the sale of McLean if it happens will secure certain aspects of the clubs future for a while it will not be a cash windfall where we can go out and start signing players that's for sure.

The information came from "the top" and he asked for it to be kept quiet. It is however a player everyone on here will have heard of. I would be surprised if it came off but I'm led to believe the player hasn't rebuffed Danny's approach. The players club is asking him to take a wage cut and his nose is out of joint. We'll see I suppose.

it's michael higdon i heard