Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Just for clarity, I said an overdraft in keeping with a turnover of £3m - that would be about £60k -100k. I do agree that the academy contract situation is an area that we seem to struggle with. As I say, I'm just hoping for a bit of ambition and by that I mean a top 16 team. I think Paisley deserves that.

We sold Kenny McLean as part of the agreement we had with him when he resigned for us.

I never want to see St Mirren in bank debt again. It almost killed us before and it's caused countless problems to other clubs up and down the UK. There's also no bank in the UK that would lend to us

Fan ownership eh!

We sold Kenny McLean as part of the agreement we had with him when he resigned for us.

I never want to see St Mirren in bank debt again. It almost killed us before and it's caused countless problems to other clubs up and down the UK. There's also no bank in the UK that would lend to us

Fan ownership eh!

We have got fan ownership just now have we not? I take my hat off to any fan prepared to own a football club including this board. However, in my opinion they have run out of ideas and are making too many mistakes. Its all about opinion. I think we are in real difficulties if we dont invest in at least 6 good players.

So... Just to clear this up.. You think we should spend money we don't have?

It's statements like this that are part of the reason I'm scared of fan ownership.

No. Not entirely.

I think our board should be better at using our resources to maximise what we can get. We need to augment our squad with a few good seasoned professionals who will mentor and cajole the apprentices in the squad as required. A spine of a team is the mainstay.

There's no point in investing in the cubs just to throw them to the wolves without protection.

Just for clarity, I said an overdraft in keeping with a turnover of £3m - that would be about £60k -100k. I do agree that the academy contract situation is an area that we seem to struggle with. As I say, I'm just hoping for a bit of ambition and by that I mean a top 16 team. I think Paisley deserves that.

We're still a top 16 team for now.

I think we are in real difficulties if we dont invest in at least 6 good players.

The club and local authorities have invested in a lot more than 6 players - simply by creating a youth system and providing the Ralston facility that helps attract good players.

It has already produced at least 6 good players and will do so again.

THIS is sound investment of monies that were sustainable at the time.

Paying daft wages to hit or miss players rejected and passed over by wealthier clubs is not as wise an investment as has already been made by the BoD.

(I do wish that I didnae always sound as if I was the BoD's best pal and fan...)

Edited by bluto

The club and local authorities have invested in a lot more than 6 players - simply by creating a youth system and providing the Ralston facility that helps attract good players.

It has already produced at least 6 good players and will do so again.

THIS is sound investment of monies that were sustainable at the time.

Paying daft wages to hit or miss players rejected and passed over by wealthier clubs is not as wise an investment as has already been made by the BoD.

(I do wish that I didnae always sound as if I was the BoD's best pal and fan...)

I thought , you were . .

That is probably the most sensible post I've read on here. It won't catch on

Yes but it comes from a person that was strongly calling for Danny Lennon's head throughout these successful years and spent the start of this season defending Tommy Craig saying that it would all come good. If the last years were so good why was he shouting for the manager to go?

If we had a working overdraft in keeping with a £3m or whatever it is turnover business we might have avoided the alleged cash flow crisis that resulted in us selling our best player mid season.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.

Absolutely f**king clueless about the practicalities of running a football club in the modern day.

Hilarious.lol.gif

....and that's before you amaze us all with your tales of how to make money. Come on, we all need a good laugh. Give us your cast iron business ventures and tell us how you'd fund the startup costs.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.

Absolutely f**king clueless about the practicalities of running a football club in the modern day.

Hilarious.lol.gif

....and that's before you amaze us all with your tales of how to make money. Come on, we all need a good laugh. Give us your cast iron business ventures and tell us how you'd fund the startup costs.

Here's how to make money........post-4944-0-59430400-1432025370_thumb.jp