Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

12 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Dunne is mates with Anthony Stewart who signed this summer with Aberdeen from Wycombe Wanderers. Might be there to support him.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

They played together for at least a season at Wycombe and are good mates apparently.

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He was shite at Hibs.

Not once he got himself fit and got his head right !

Ross binned him due to his lack of fitness and approach.

Either a lesson learned or he'll keep on drifting downwards.

So far for me a bit of a wasted talent although bad injury at Hull didn't help him

Edited by lenziebud

Not once he got himself fit and got his head right !
Ross binned him due to his lack of fitness and approach.
Either a lesson learned or he'll keep on drifting downwards.
So far for me a bit of a wasted talent although bad injury at Hull didn't help him
Not according to my Hibs supporting work colleague.
He was absolutely rotten against us when Hibs beat us 1-0 at the end of April.

Also, Hibs fans on P&B seem to be pretty unanimous regarding his level of performance overall.

On 7/25/2022 at 8:12 AM, FTOF said:

They played together for at least a season at Wycombe and are good mates apparently.

Having watched quite a few Wycombe games over the last 2-3 seasons with their playoff matches and indeed some of their championship games, Anthony Stewart  would have been a good signing for us. I would assume we wouldn't have been able to compete with Aberdeen's wages. Doesn't help that they have been able to offload some valuable asset players in order to rebuild. 

1 minute ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Having watched quite a few Wycombe games over the last 2-3 seasons with their playoff matches and indeed some of their championship games, Anthony Stewart  would have been a good signing for us. I would assume we wouldn't have been able to compete with Aberdeen's wages. Doesn't help that they have been able to offload some valuable asset players in order to rebuild. 

Aberdeen have done well to cash in on a few players after a very disappointing season just gone by their standards. Money talks, that’s why we have the top 3/4/5 clubs that we do. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen. The rest of us push our noses in now and again.

14 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Aberdeen have done well to cash in on a few players after a very disappointing season just gone by their standards. Money talks, that’s why we have the top 3/4/5 clubs that we do. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen. The rest of us push our noses in now and again.

Apart from the Glasgow 2, the Edinburgh 2 and Aberdeen probably don't feel the need to sell potential future assets for lets face it ridiculous sums like the 125k allegedly for Dylan Reid who could be worth so much more in future or indeed sell for low amounts with God knows how many sell on clauses which no guarantee of future payments. 

Just now, Slarti said:

Aye, noo ye tell us. :P

I didn't realise til other day that JG had signed him. In the same respect with posts that were made about us being beaten by Northampton, they had signed a player called Danny Huylton who had been a regular for Luton for a few years. Although into his 30s, a really good striker. Another out of our wage range.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Not according to my Hibs supporting work colleague.
He was absolutely rotten against us when Hibs beat us 1-0 at the end of April.

Also, Hibs fans on P&B seem to be pretty unanimous regarding his level of performance overall.

Wouldn't disagree on his performance at Hibs overall. I thought he started to pick up towards the last few games of the season and show what his potential is.

Won't reach it though because in the end IMO he's not prepared to do the hard graft required to get to the top.

I don't think he'd be a good signing for us though Robinson was getting the best out of Main

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Not seen anymore chat about Stephen O'Donnell (SOD). Surely this was a lot of shit with having the likes of Tanser, Tait, Fraser and Strain?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Probably.

However, it filled up a couple of hours.:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, lenziebud said:

James Scott. 

We have already asked him a few months back and he didn't at that time want to join but that could change.

That's Jamieson away on loan again. With Main , Brophy etc still not match fit we must be looking to bring someone in this week !

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Hopefully brophy. We can't afford to pay big wages to someone who seems to be constantly injured.

and he probably cant afford to cancel a contract when injured and would be foolish to accept severance if he cant join another team.  If he leaves us then his rehab still has to be paid for and his agent would get that covered in any deal or tell him to sit it out.  We are stuck with him and can only hope he gets some kind of fitness relatively soon.  Same goes for Main.

21 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

and he probably cant afford to cancel a contract when injured and would be foolish to accept severance if he cant join another team.  If he leaves us then his rehab still has to be paid for and his agent would get that covered in any deal or tell him to sit it out.  We are stuck with him and can only hope he gets some kind of fitness relatively soon.  Same goes for Main.

It certainly looks like the two players and the club are taking the long view. Given that both were fit and on form they might be important players for us in the season ahead.

Wonder if there is any substance in those Charles Dunne to Aberdeen rumours from earlier in the summer.

He was pictured at Pittodrie on Sunday but apparently his old pal just signed for them from Wycombe so in insolation, maybe nothing in it.

But then it has come out today that David Bates - the man with the best agent in football - is leaving for Legia Warsaw and is getting his medical today so Aberdeen might well be in the market for another centre half.