Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

16 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

From a reliable source…

Hearing we are closing in on Calum Waters from Morton for a small fee and a couple of loans going out the other way. Would be a solid signing IMO… backup for Tanser and allows Elvis to cover in Strain’s absence. Robbo apparently a big fan and he’s been a big part of M*rton’s revival in recent weeks. They’re willing to let him go as it will free up funds to keep Lewis Strapp till the end of the season. Good business all round. 

Doesn't this come up as a joke rumour almost ever transfer window?

Baccus got MOM today for Australia. 
Was brilliant against England at Wembley in that friendly recently too. No way he’ll be with us next season but hope we get the best out of him for the rest of the season, unless we get a really decent offer this window. Maybe a pre contract with someone. 
Be interesting to see what happens with Strain with his current injury and fitness record. Small chance we could get him to sign an extension? Would be massive if we could keep him. 

4 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

He was hardly "brilliant" against England (5/10 on the ratings I found)but I'd prefer we keep him, although he's a bit hot and cold for me. 

I watched the England game and he did have a very good game. In fact he performed much better than any of the Scotland midfielders against the same opposition.

He's a first pick for a team currently ranked  25th in the FIFA rankings. He might not be brilliant but we'll miss him hugely when he goes. Unless of course the Foyle/Robinson combo has identified a similar prospect.

6 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

He was hardly "brilliant" against England (5/10 on the ratings I found)but I'd prefer we keep him, although he's a bit hot and cold for me. 

I watched the whole game and he was miles better than 5/10.  I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable he looked at that level, not just breaking up the play, but also how he used the ball, not something we necessarily associate him with us. He was heavily involved in the starting of a lot of the good stuff that Australia did going forward and they were very unlucky not to get something out of the game, albeit that it was a friendly. 
Agree he can be hot and cold with us but he is capable of playing at a higher level. 

3 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I watched the whole game and he was miles better than 5/10.  I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable he looked at that level, not just breaking up the play, but also how he used the ball, not something we necessarily associate him with us. He was heavily involved in the starting of a lot of the good stuff that Australia did going forward and they were very unlucky not to get something out of the game, albeit that it was a friendly. 
Agree he can be hot and cold with us but he is capable of playing at a higher level. 

You watched the same game as me sir,  his passing in that game was better than I've seen while playing for us 

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

It was England's reserves and Australia only had about 30% possession so I'd suggest he hardly had a very good game.

I, mostly, get disappointed, when he plays for us.

In and out of the game, needless bookings so maybe I'm expecting more on a consistent basis. 

Strange that you should take the word of a random score generated through a method which is traditionally incredibly inaccurate, rather three people who watched the game focussing on the player's performance.

Much like I did yesterday, where again he had a very good game.

Strange that you should take the word of a random score generated through a method which is traditionally incredibly inaccurate, rather three people who watched the game focussing on the player's performance.
Much like I did yesterday, where again he had a very good game.
I've seen similar %'s of possession attributed to St Mirren when we've played excellent and won games.

As LJB wrote, he didn't actually watch the game so he'll know better. [emoji848]

15 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

It was England's reserves and Australia only had about 30% possession so I'd suggest he hardly had a very good game.

I, mostly, get disappointed, when he plays for us.

In and out of the game, needless bookings so maybe I'm expecting more on a consistent basis. 

You didn’t even watch the game ffs 😅

4 hours ago, Ethan said:

The only thing wrong with Baccus is he is prone to lapses in concentration. His overall play is excellent. He will be sorely missed when he goes. Cannot believe the stick he gets. 

The 1’s that give Baccus stick are the 1’s that don’t really know much about football, quite a few of them amongst our support.

Scott played for Robinson when he was Motherwell boss but I thought he was more of a winger. I seem to recall he scored a belter against us at Fir Park when Hladky was our Goalkeeper. However, he had a loan spell at Hibernian recently and didn’t exactly do much. I would pass on him as I think we can get better. 

1 hour ago, Caldy_87 said:

Scott played for Robinson when he was Motherwell boss but I thought he was more of a winger. I seem to recall he scored a belter against us at Fir Park when Hladky was our Goalkeeper. However, he had a loan spell at Hibernian recently and didn’t exactly do much. I would pass on him as I think we can get better. 

Robinson got Main at his best for us. If he could get Scott back to his best then we have a player