Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Was thinking about Lennon's visit to Blackburn earlier in the year and his discussion with Steve Kean and was wondering about the possibility of bringing Nick Blackman back to the SPL on loan. Think he would be a great partner for Thompson. Fast, strong, athletic and good record for goals in the league.

Baffled why Craig Brown had him on the bench or left wing at Aberdeen. Guy could be a great assest for us.

Edited by Dan Is The Man

Was thinking about Lennon's visit to Blackburn earlier in the year and his discussion with Steve Kean and was wondering about the possibility of bringing Nick Blackman back to the SPL on loan. Think he would be a great partner for Thompson. Fast, strong, athletic and good record for goals in the league.

Baffled why Craig Brown had him on the bench or left wing at Aberdeen. Guy could be a great assest for us.

Would be brilliant but I'd assume we have next to no chance of landing him.

I see Gary Harkins has asked his agent to talk to Killie!

Wee Danny wants an attacking mid does he not??

Defo worth asking about I think and defo better than Gary McDonald!!!

if this is true, this is definitely the type of player we could realistically attract.

Charlie Miller is looking for an SPL club I think he's got potential wud be a great signing!

Yep he was shit hot in the walking pace over 35 masters tournament at Braehead last weekend.

Would have been a brilliant signing for us 5 years ago when we were just back in the SPl. It will be a level too much for him now I think.

I'd think we'd be after Harkins if he was out of contract but I think he's got a year left with Dundee.

Speculation was that he's on £1800 a week at Dundee and they're just getting him off the wage bill so there wouldn't be a transfer fee and it was pretty certain he was going to Killie.

Despite the denials that we need a centre back, I wonder whether Zander Diamond is worth chatting to now that he seems to be without a club?

From the BBC site re his failed move from Aberdeen:

"A possible return for out-of-contract defender Zander Diamond has been dismissed following the arrival of former Panserraikos centre-half Youl Mawene.

However, Brown has sympathy with Diamond's plight after a potential move to Hearts collapsed because of concerns over an ankle.

"It's a real shame for Zander," added the Dons manager.

"He had 11 years here and doesn't deserve what's happened to him, but he'll find a club, I'm sure of that."

If it was a nominal fee , I can't understand why Killie got him without a fight from other SPL or English sides ? :blink:

i read in the record today it was for free? he has been linked with killie for a couple of weeks now so i thought maybe another spl team might of pinched him from under there noses like what usually happens to us. god knows why he went to killlie. i see they signed a couple of defenders aswel today.

he is a major coup for killie, he would walk into our midfield.

From what some Dundee fans have told me, what he would do is walk around our midfield, applying himself if and when it suited him. A big fish in the 1st Div but he'll be lost in the Premier.

I saw Harkins play against Queens at the start of last year. Can't really remember him doing a great deal and a Queens fan I talked to said that was usually the case when he played against them - then he'd pop up and score.

Having said that, this was a day Leon Knight looked good for Queens and hardly played again. For all I know Harkins was running the show and I didn't know which one he was as a few weeks later I discovered I needed glasses :nerdy