Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Totally made up on my behalf , but I do believe that Newco will probably try and put together an experienced X1 on modest wages , shadowed by a team of youngsters , and will be using contacts to get experienced out of contract players with good attitudes

Guest somner9

Totally made up on my behalf , but I do believe that Newco will probably try and put together an experienced X1 on modest wages , shadowed by a team of youngsters , and will be using contacts to get experienced out of contract players with good attitudes

But will Gary (Kraftwerk dummies sweat more than me) Teale fit the bill?

Also quite funny how they see him playing in the middle pulling strings, they obviously didnt see him last season when his passing is worse than Hugh Murray's was.

It would be a real bonus if we could get Teale out the door, Rangers are probably the only ones daft enough to take him.

Dont talk him down too much , they might not take him.

My problem with Teale was that he had lost his bottle and was overly shot shy , which was hugely evident in the first game against Killie , when he just kept on passing the buck often putting team mates in offside positions.

I genuinely think he would be a good signing for Newco , and could do a good job for them next season

I think he would do fine for a season at that level, he does what he,s told and though he is no longer a match winning player , he is still a competant player who would be ideal for Newco,s needs next season

Realistically he's still gonna be with us this coming season and the problem is how to get the best out of him, Allan Johnston seems to be the role model for me, a pacy attacking winger in his young days but had changed into a more defensive player by the time he played for us - Johnston played a vital role in the two home victories against Aberdeen & Killie in January 2010 which went a long way to keeping us up that season. For me Teale doesn't last 90 minutes at this level any more and he's got to be subbed after 60 minutes or come on as a sub to provide a bit of composure when we're defending a lead or as a last resort and we're chasing a game coming on late when he's fresh and up against tired players.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest somner9

Also quite funny how they see him playing in the middle pulling strings, they obviously didnt see him last season when his passing is worse than Hugh Murray's was.

It would be a real bonus if we could get Teale out the door, Rangers are probably the only ones daft enough to take him.

I think he could pull strings, but obvioulsy not run and cross.

maybe we should be careful what we wish for??? they might be after big Thommo as well? rip.gif

Edited by somner9

I have no doubts that Gary Teale is a good player. He was outstanding at the start of last season and I picked him out there and then as a probably player of the season. He was pulling the strings and had a free role across the attacking third of the pitch.

However, we seemed to try and change him back into a winger again. He has lost his pace, and his decision making lets him down too often to be a good winger at this level any more. If we keep him this season, we should play him in a central role as others have suggested.

I wouldn't have any qualms with him signing for Rangers. How amazing would it be if Rangers ended up signing probably the one player most fans wouldn't be bothered about leaving us, after years of signing or speculating about signing our best players. laugh.png

Edited by Sunny Saint

I wouldn't have any qualms with him signing for Rangers. How amazing would it be if Rangers ended up signing probably the one player most fans wouldn't be bothered about leaving us, after years of signing or speculating about signing our best players. laugh.png

Yep, we should get Darren McGregor to put his arm round Ally McCoist on the touchline, telling him that if he plays his cards right, he'll get a move to a big club soon...

I have no doubts that Gary Teale is a good player. He was outstanding at the start of last season and I picked him out there and then as a probably player of the season. He was pulling the strings and had a free role across the attacking third of the pitch.

However, we seemed to try and change him back into a winger again. He has lost his pace, and his decision making lets him down too often to be a good winger at this level any more. If we keep him this season, we should play him in a central role as others have suggested.

If you give Teale the free role in the middle, where do you play Gowser? Not saying your wrong and Teale clear has talent but is he suited to our team?

If you give Teale the free role in the middle, where do you play Gowser? Not saying your wrong and Teale clear has talent but is he suited to our team?

Yip - agree with that. I guess I was more thinking when we need someone to come on and replace Gowser or McLean during suspensions/injuries or just late in the game. Last season we almost always played Teale wide and he was largely ineffective.

Edited by Sunny Saint

A couple of problems with this! do the latest reincarnation of the old tax dodgers of govan not still have a signing ban for new players from the SFA . obviously still think they can do what they like. arrogant b*******'s

the other problem I would have is ensuring we get what we are due (if anything) before I would agree to any transfer.

they have already sold at least 1 player to another club whilst conveniently forgetting to pay the club they bought him from in the first place !!

matts dad

I recently seen that Killie are supposed to be interested in ex Hamilton left back Brian Easton who has been released from his former club. Would be in my opinion a good signing for ourselves (although we all know that we wont be signing anyone till we know the full extent of the finances). However how would Killie afford this and I take it that there not too chuffed with Tesselaar since they both play the same position. Strange move if it happens

A couple of problems with this! do the latest reincarnation of the old tax dodgers of govan not still have a signing ban for new players from the SFA . obviously still think they can do what they like. arrogant b*******'s

the other problem I would have is ensuring we get what we are due (if anything) before I would agree to any transfer.

they have already sold at least 1 player to another club whilst conveniently forgetting to pay the club they bought him from in the first place !!

matts dad

Firstly, if they accept the sanctions, one being the signing embargo, I believe it will be suspended until 1 September to allow them to sign a team.

Secondly, if this rumour has any substance, its because we want to reduce the wage bill, so I doubt we will be expecting anything in terms of a fee. The.best solution would be to come to.an agreement with teale to rip up his contract, he then signs for RFC for the same wages on a 2 year contract.

We get rid of one of our higher earners, teale gets an extra season guaranteed in his career. Everybody wins.

Firstly, if they accept the sanctions, one being the signing embargo, I believe it will be suspended until 1 September to allow them to sign a team.

Secondly, if this rumour has any substance, its because we want to reduce the wage bill, so I doubt we will be expecting anything in terms of a fee. The.best solution would be to come to.an agreement with teale to rip up his contract, he then signs for RFC for the same wages on a 2 year contract.

We get rid of one of our higher earners, teale gets an extra season guaranteed in his career. Everybody wins.

......when the transfer window ends, you couldn't make it up! unsure.png

......when the transfer window ends, you couldn't make it up! unsure.png

Why are we not surprised? Anything the authorities can do to keep them going. If they actually buy anyone, can the taxman or some other creditor ask where the money is coming from?

That free role, wasnt really a free role. When we won our lunch with Danny, he said it was a bad habit he had of going back and going where he wanted, he wanted him to play as a winger - when he did that it stifled him, as you say he was pretty good at the start of the season when he was going and getting the ball and moving about more - so we should be encouraging him when playing to just go where he wants as it seemed to work.

That free role, wasnt really a free role. When we won our lunch with Danny, he said it was a bad habit he had of going back and going where he wanted, he wanted him to play as a winger - when he did that it stifled him, as you say he was pretty good at the start of the season when he was going and getting the ball and moving about more - so we should be encouraging him when playing to just go where he wants as it seemed to work.

Thanks for the insight. I agree too - he was better being allowed to stroll around the pitch and control play. Having him and Hasselbaink supporting Thompson towards the season's start was pretty tasty but Teale faded fast when asked to play the winger's role. Teale can still beat a man, but more in the way that McGowan does by keeping the ball close to his feet. When he's played as a winger, he tries to beat them with pace and it doesn't work any more. Teale still has something to offer the team if used properly, but if we could get him off the wage bill it would be a big bonus I think. Besides, we have McGowan in that role and he's top notch. cool.png

Teale can still beat a man

I'm not sure he can, I saw McAusland beat more players last season than Teale.

I would give him another chance in the 'free role' where he wants to be, though. He was actually very effective there and I'm sure he'll play a lot better in a position he wants to be in.

Edit; he could be a short term replacement creative central midfielder if we decide to sell McGowan/McLean.

Edited by Murray7