jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

9 hours ago, Doakes said:

@ Jim Goodwin 

Not a hope in hell. He's got more than a year left on his contract, and we couldn't afford it. Dundalk have also just sent one of their strikers out on loan, so won't leave themselves short by losing another.

In for Bayo of Celtic again according to Raman

Remember we were close to getting him in Jan but Celtic couldn’t get Rhodes over the line so fell through

My Celtic supporting pal said he’s a big raw prospect but does have goals in him

Remember we were close to getting him in Jan but Celtic couldn’t get Rhodes over the line so fell through

My Celtic supporting pal said he’s a big raw prospect but does have goals in him

Love to see him partner Obika

9 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

The type of signing we need , someone to take advantage of Obika,s hold up play .

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I believe he has currently got a hamstring injury.

As Ethan has mentioned, given his injury record, we'd be taking a huge risk in signing him.

There will probably be plenty of English lower league options, as clubs try to save money. I'd rather we looked there.

If he's supposedly injury prone and currently carrying a hamstring injury, why are we remotely interested in him when we're in immediate need of a striker.

We're either desperate or off our head.

Another Celtic striker Lennon stated is looking for fitness is Vakoun Issouf Bayo, who is wanted by St Mirren on a loan deal. "I’m not aware of that interest, but it’s something we may look at," Lennon says.

"First things first, we need to get Vakoun fit and take it from there."

25 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Avoid this one like the plague. We badly need a striker, not a crock.

Were not buying him were borrowing him they won't send him here if he's not fit, 

I know nothing off him but am sure he's descent if he's with Celtic, and Morias will score no more than 5 goals a season here 

16 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Were not buying him were borrowing him they won't send him here if he's not fit, 

I know nothing off him but am sure he's descent if he's with Celtic, and Morias will score no more than 5 goals a season here 

If he could get 5 goals from coming on as a sub - I'd take that... but not sure if he will get more than 3 or 4 - not too great for a striker...

Hard working but clearly not the quality we need right now...

A fit Bayo might be good, but it would be better to pinch someone who is able to become our player for a couple of seasons on the way up and who bangs in 8 or more and assists big JO and others . . . :ninja

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

If he could get 5 goals from coming on as a sub - I'd take that... but not sure if he will get more than 3 or 4 - not too great for a striker...

Hard working but clearly not the quality we need right now...

A fit Bayo might be good, but it would be better to pinch someone who is able to become our player for a couple of seasons on the way up and who bangs in 8 or more and assists big JO and others . . . :ninja

I heard that Gus had someone exactly like that in mind, but...

:whistle

What about Kane Hemings? I see he has cancelled his contract with Dundee by mutual consent. I know a lot of his goals in Scotland aren’t in the top flight but he has scored goals for the vast majority of teams he has played for. We would be able to pay more than his wage reduction was at Dundee, plus there would be no transfer fee. I think he would offer a viable option to partner Obika. 

What about Kane Hemings? I see he has cancelled his contract with Dundee by mutual consent. I know a lot of his goals in Scotland aren’t in the top flight but he has scored goals for the vast majority of teams he has played for. We would be able to pay more than his wage reduction was at Dundee, plus there would be no transfer fee. I think he would offer a viable option to partner Obika. 

I think we should be interested in Hemmings but hard not to be gutted about Jakubiak. He was an excellent partner for Obika.

5 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

I think we should be interested in Hemmings but hard not to be gutted about Jakubiak. He was an excellent partner for Obika.

That depends on who we bring in surely ?  🎅

Fire Irons The In . . .