Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

Pretty Confident about this game - surprisingly. Going St.Mirren 2-0 Partick Thistle.

I'd go with this Squad:

Cornell

Caprice Mair McGregor Grainger

Goodwin

Teale Newton Harkins

McGowan

Thommohawk

Bench: Bahoken, McAusland, McGinn, McLean, Reilly, Dilo, Dillon.

Likely Line up?

Cornell

DVZ Goodwin McAusland Grainger

Teale Newton McGowan McLean

Harkins

Thommohawk

Where to start!!!

ok, i'll bite...

first off, yes, he wont track back, so does that mean Thommo will do all the tracking back and leave him upfront on his own?

imagine you counter attck, would you rather have harkins with the ball breaking from the box looking for a pass into space, or harkins as the man upfront?

you are aware that Harkins best assett is his ability to find a pinpoint pass into space for attackers to run onto? why the hell would you make him a forward, removing his ability to use his strongest assett.

he has never been an out and out striker, when he signed for thistle he was a centre half, McCall moved him into midfield, since then he has played either in the middle or left hand side of midfield. i'd suggest even playing him behind the striker is a waste. he needs players infront of him, not behind him.

regarding 4-4-2, i couldn't care less what teams play against us, we attack with 6 or 7 bodies and defend with 6. we are probably the youngest and fittest team in the league. modern football has moved on from 4-4-2.

but hey, you guys batter in, play your 442 with Harkins isolated from the action. i bloody hope that happens.

does that 12 or 13 inlcude a keeper? If so that is 13 or 14 players thats nearer a rugby team than a modern football team.

at least they are not in the Argylle, nice one!

Group heading to the Swan Inn as well, should be a great atmosphere in the town, everyone enjoying themselves.

Or if you listen to Gav, there will be rioting in the streets, but no one will no about it cause the press wont cover it.

Im not going too the game. Not for i expect too get beat after the way we have been playing but for the abuse thats been dished out on this site so not a chance

Thought that myself for about 20 seconds, then decided no way the intellectual pygmies are winning. Look read the tweets from Isma, I think he has more support for the club than the roasters that post here. GET DOWN THERE AND SUPPORT THE TEAM, our best chance of winning is if we shout down the moronic element of the support and back the club from the start.

Cornell

Caprice Cheesy. McGregor. Grainger

Newton. McGinn

Teale. McGowan. Bahoken

Thommo

Fielding this team I predict 3-0 saints, however we'll probably go:

Cornell

DVZ. Cheesy. Goodwin. Grainger

Teale. Newton. McGowan. McLean

Harkins

Thommo

So I predict just 1-0 saints

COYS

Group heading to the Swan Inn as well, should be a great atmosphere in the town, everyone enjoying themselves.

Or if you listen to Gav, there will be rioting in the streets, but no one will no about it cause the press wont cover it.

good that's the kind of rioting I like.

As Buffon said I have never known for a crowd to score a goal.

I agree with this. The best example of it I can think of was when Jimmy H ran on the pitch at half time in a pre season friendly at Grimsby in 2002 to take a penalty against Scrim. The Ginger Ninja saved his pathetic powder puff effort by throwing his bunnet on it.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Wonder if there is any point in trolls with multiple alias accounts.

No point in wondering, as Del Ametri said, Nothing Ever Happens.

Recent poll shows 141 votes, Taking into account the amount of forum members a pretty poor response, taking everything into account.

Supposed 3755 forum members, wonder how many for real?

Guesses?

Edited by faraway saint