Next St Mirren Manager

There is not a hope of Billy Davies taking the job. His name was thrown around a lot last season and it never happened. He wasn't interviewed during the summer - presumably because he didn't want the job. Presumably he wouldn't want it now when things are even worse.

Steve Clark is an equally unlikely suggestion. Neither name would be considered on here if they weren't former players. Clark was offered the Fulham job the other week so he's hardly going to swap the English Championship for the Scottish one.

This is an archive of the official Queens site: http://www.qosarchive.co.uk/07apr.htm No mention of Thistle but not sacked either. I seem to recall from the Queens fans I was working with at the time it was a fairly open secret where he was headed. Whatever, it's a moot point as neither of us want him!

For me we needed someone from outwith the club when we appointed Murray. A fresh start, someone to clean the place out and start anew. Unfortunately it didn't work. The internal appointments didn't work last time but even if they had and we were currently on the hunt for a new manager I wouldn't have Miller anywhere near it.

A question for the folk wanting the return of Gus. If his achievements were exactly the same but he had no connection with us and had instead spent 2003-2010 getting a club like Falkirk promoted, established in the SPL and to a League Cup final - would you still be so keen for him to come back?

Odds from McBookie. For God's sake don't go for Barry Ferguson - who was allegedly approached when Lennon left...

CWDKk4MWEAQrk-i.jpg

What ? No Susan Boyle ??? Its a fix !! thumbdown.gif

As usual, everybody thinks that everybody else is talking out of their arse when they comment on suggested managers. From what I've read so far every name is hated, a dumpling, too expensive, too inexperienced, yadda yadda yadda. So, would everybody put forward their suggestion for the new manager and then could somebody who knows about these things please set up a poll and we can see the spread of fan opinion.

I think I'll give myself a day or two before trying to get my head round who might be able to get us out of this shambles.

What a hideous mess.

Whoever gets the gig better have the hide of a rhino.

Seriously, what the f**k has happened to our club?

Well he has.

If he hadn't it would have been announced as mutual consent.

I assume there the board had a performance related get out clause that was pretty close to being activated. This way Murray does not have a sacking on his CV and can say that we were above the play offs when he resigned. Better than falling in to the play offs and getting the sack with no compo anyway

I think I'll give myself a day or two before trying to get my head round who might be able to get us out of this shambles.

What a hideous mess.

I hope the BoD are asking themselves that Drew and have a right good look at themselves.

The thing is that I knew we would lose and I knew that we would need a new manager. I just hope that the BOD also realised that this was likely and had a plan B.

At present all sorts of names are being banded about, let's hope that the BOD know who their preferred option is.

What a hideous mess.

Yeh, and hopefully he's not a f****n useless c**t either ;-)

What a hideous mess.

Whoever gets the gig better have the backside of a rhino.

So Ian McCall it is then

Edited by insaintee

Stephen Kenny - I said it during the summer and I'll stand by my suggestion. Since the summer he's won the Irish League - yet again - and the FAI Cup. The man is a born winner and he's exactly the kind of person who could restructure the club from bottom to top.

As for the list from McBookie, Dickov and Davies are surely speculative punts. Neither man is going to risk their reputations and future career prospects at a sinking club like St Mirren. The same would be true of Stevie Clarke too, no matter the level of affection he might have for the club. I also wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see the names of David Weir and Ian Ferguson added to that list. Ferguson is in Scotland right now - he was at some opening of a Rangers fans merchandising store today supporting one of the Rangers Supporters Associations. And to throw another name into the mix, I'm a bit surprised no-ones looking at Jim Duffy. He's done a pretty good job at Morton where he seems to have found a way of gelling a rather ordinary bunch of players into a unified squad and he's augmented his side with a couple of effective loan signings. He's certainly experienced enough.

And Barry Ferguson should never be considered. He's shit. Even with the help of his friends there and one of the bigger budgets in that division he's still struggled at Clyde.

Stephen Kenny - I said it during the summer and I'll stand by my suggestion. Since the summer he's won the Irish League - yet again - and the FAI Cup. The man is a born winner and he's exactly the kind of person who could restructure the club from bottom to top.

As for the list from McBookie, Dickov and Davies are surely speculative punts. Neither man is going to risk their reputations and future career prospects at a sinking club like St Mirren. The same would be true of Stevie Clarke too, no matter the level of affection he might have for the club. I also wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see the names of David Weir and Ian Ferguson added to that list. Ferguson is in Scotland right now - he was at some opening of a Rangers fans merchandising store today supporting one of the Rangers Supporters Associations. And to throw another name into the mix, I'm a bit surprised no-ones looking at Jim Duffy. He's done a pretty good job at Morton where he seems to have found a way of gelling a rather ordinary bunch of players into a unified squad and he's augmented his side with a couple of effective loan signings. He's certainly experienced enough.

And Barry Ferguson should never be considered. He's shit. Even with the help of his friends there and one of the bigger budgets in that division he's still struggled at Clyde.

Billy Davies doesn't have much reputation left in England, does he? Not at Championship level anyway. Dickov hasn't done anything of note to tarnish his reputation up here anyway. I wondered what Ian Ferguson was up to but he has a cracking job developing youth players in Australia, would have to be a complete idiot to want to move back here and take on a very tough job.

Ian McCall has done well at Ayr, hes maybe worth looking at. I think Jimmy Calderwood would at least bring some attacking play and entertaining football, he's also saved a couple of teams from relegation. He'll know by now most teams in Scotland have changed their ways regarding £££, I think he'd jump at the chance of managing us.

Billy Reid could be another contender, wouldn't be the nicest football but I think it would be effective.

Whoever it is has to get the fans and players onside from the start. Ian Murray didn't attempt to build any sort of relationship.

What a hideous mess.

I thought you had contracted apathy?rolleyes.gif