Next St Mirren Manager

That was a worrying sign looking back,he mentioned this point a few times

The fact he took the job then went on holiday,then went on a course,took a while appointing his assistant(his mate),took a while getting players in about 1 a week.It's no surprise how this season has panned out

A lazy attitude off the park has reflected a lazy one on the park

I wouldn't say lazy at all. Seriously misguided and a lack nous and experience, that's a cert, obvious to most at the moment, but I would not level lazy at him , or to be fair any of the players. They do want to succeed, clearly , however, I think there is disquiet in the ranks. There is a clear disconnect between the managers ideas and the players carrying out productive and appropriate instructions, this is leading to a major erosion of belief and confidence.

I'd say, best described as 'lost' at the present moment, that can be applied to manager, players and BoD.

Best treatement is getting wins..............erm, should be simple mellow.png

Nigel Clough has returned to manage Burton.

Time to give an old Manager of ours another go in the St Mirren hotseat.

Any one of Tom, Gus, Danny or Fergie would make me happy.

ALL ST MIRREN LEGENDS.

I wouldn't say lazy at all. Seriously misguided and a lack nous and experience, that's a cert, obvious to most at the moment, but I would not level lazy at him , or to be fair any of the players. They do want to succeed, clearly , however, I think there is disquiet in the ranks. There is a clear disconnect between the managers ideas and the players carrying out productive and appropriate instructions, this is leading to a major erosion of belief and confidence.

I'd say, best described as 'lost' at the present moment, that can be applied to manager, players and BoD.

Best treatement is getting wins..............erm, should be simple mellow.png

I don't know

A good pre-season determines how your season goes and i'm not talking about games

Our fitness levels are shocking this season

I hope you're right.

I'd say at this point (and it's been this way for months now) that relegation is a serious threat and to be honest we're where we deserve to be.

We are certainly knee deep in a relegation battle but given their previous record I still expect the board to give the manager a few more games to try and turn it around. We have already kissed goodbye to any prospect of promotion so all we are really playing for now is to finish 8th or better. It's a f**king disgrace but that is where we are.

I don't know

A good pre-season determines how your season goes and i'm not talking about games

Our fitness levels are shocking this season

Agreed, and it's one of the least forgiveable aspects of our current crisis IMO.

The team look miles short of the levels of fitness of most of our opponents this season, even the part time teams.

I agree on the fitness point. It has been apparent from the very earliest stage of the season. Even the younger players are blowing out of their arses after an hour.

When I started the '5 things you would change....' thread a couple of weeks back, I was 100% serious when I suggested that the players should be subject to a rigorous fitness test every morning before training. The bar would be set high, and anyone failing it would be dropped from the squad, with a second breach resulting in a fine.

These guys are supposed to be full time athletes. It is the most basic requirement of a decent football squad, and, as such, the current situation is unforgivable.

Barry 'Trigger' McLaughlin tweeted that he expects Miller to get the job to the end of the season next week.

Guess he has still has some degree of ITK and it seems a pretty safe shout.

Not sure what getting the job at the end of the season next week means - BUT it was clear to many of us months back that Murray was a complete dud - He has to be removed by Monday at the latest.

I suspect you mean Miller will be in charge from then.

Honestly he should have been put in charge when he arrived - it would have given a month sooner to stop the rot!

Barry 'Trigger' McLaughlin tweeted that he expects Miller to get the job to the end of the season next week.

Guess he has still has some degree of ITK and it seems a pretty safe shout.

You don't need to be ITK to expect Miller to get the job. Most folk on here will expect it - most have since he pitched up a couple of months ago.

Not sure what getting the job at the end of the season next week means - BUT it was clear to many of us months back that Murray was a complete dud - He has to be removed by Monday at the latest.I suspect you mean Miller will be in charge from then.Honestly he should have been put in charge when he arrived - it would have given a month sooner to stop the rot!

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Miller will make a blind bit of difference. Crap tactics, unfit players and spineless performances. This season is now all about avoiding relegation and that will be a struggle with this group. If Murray goes I hope we don't promote anyone from within as they are all culpable in this shambles.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Miller will make a blind bit of difference. Crap tactics, unfit players and spineless performances. This season is now all about avoiding relegation and that will be a struggle with this group. If Murray goes I hope we don't promote anyone from within as they are all culpable in this shambles.

100% spot-on.

Miller should be thanked and politely shown the exit.

McCall or let's see what the mad monk has got to offer? You can't judge him on the Rangers shambles

Not McDowall, like Tommy Craig he's another guy who's spent his career as an Assistant - the Mad Monk must be in his 50's by now that too late to be starting as top dog.

If there's no or minimal compensation involved in Murray's departure I'd go for current Ayr boss Ian McCall.

Edited by Bud the Baker