Stephane Bahoken

Give him a chance and show him a bit of support

Totally agree. Who the f**k would want to come to a club where you get crucified, after playing for 45 minutes with a bunch of strangers speaking a language you can hardly understand, by a bunch of fuds who fail to understand that you just stepped off a plane. Then to make it worse, you find out these fuds are the clubs supposed "supporters".

I'll bet Adam Campbell says thank f**k he didn't follow Newton up here.

It wasn't the greatest of debuts as he looked pretty rusty and seemed too eager to sntach at a shot at goal rather than delay and either look for a man or look at the target, and certainly wasn't helped with some of the long balls which were too short as he was looking for them to be over the head of the defender. However as mentioned not the worst debut by a long shot, and a few positives to take from it...linked well with Thommo (got onto the various flick-ons a few times), has a reasonable turn of pace, physically strong and held off the defenders well.

Lets see how he is after a couple of weeks training alongside the squad when he knows the players better

And talking of Newton.

His first 45 minutes in a Saints' jersey didn't go too well.whistling.gif

In fairness, his first 5 minutes were brilliant, and then it went rapidly downhill!

Of course Bahoken needs time. He's just rocked up in a new country, on his own, and was chucked in at the deep end in a poorly-performing team by a desperate manager. People expect miracles and it's f**king ridiculous. It's the sort of attitude you'd expect to hear from fans of the Old Firm: Saints should be better than this.

He has the Isma seal of approval, which counts for a lot. Of course, he may well turn out to be shite, but to judge him on Saturday, regardless of the context, is plainly daft.

Edited by Magic Monkey

It's good to start to see the positive comments throughout the forum starting to counter all the negative stuff :)

Makes a nice change seeing people being realistic & offering constructive criticism as opposed the the huge amount of nonsense & personal abuse that we have been reading recently.

Yes we are not doing well , results & performances are way below what the team is capable of etc.we know all this,but we also know only supporting the team & players will help improve it.

If people can slate guys after 45 minutes. Is that how we define supporter ?

Clearly it's daft to write him off after Saturday's 45. Of course he needs some training sessions with the team not to mention a little time in the country to find his feet. He might turn out to be great or he might not, but as supporters we have a role to play in giving him a fair chance. After that it's down to him and only then you can make a reasonable assessment.

Apparently you are talking shit yet again, the guy seems a bit too greedy, but that is probably down to the fact that he is keen to make an impression.

On Saturday his 1st half effort that was cleared off the line was the nearest we came to scoring in the 1st 45mins. The guy just needs game time to get his fitness levels up and to adapt to the Scottish game. What he doesn't need is guys like you with your tired, same boring old rantings of abuse and speculation.

He didn't look great last night though. Ill agree he needs time to adapt to the game. Last night was one of the most physical games of football ive seen, tackles were hard and a lot of man handling, the spfl will be a walk in the park :) Also thought caprice looked the part last night, always shouting for the pass/making himself available, willing to take one his man (beating him 9/10 times), bags of pace and had a few pops at goals. Mcgregor left me feeling kina indifferent, stroked the ball about well enough, cleared his lines but wasn't really tested imo

Yes I believe he was utterly terrible on Saturday and the manager made the right decision in hooking him. Of course, he can't be judged on his performance on Saturday as he'd only just arrived.

What 45 minutes have you seen from Saints players that have been worse than his on Saturday?

You're a wee smarmy rat, I remember you started a thread about Stevie Thompson when he was a few games into his st mirren career. You called him a fraud I believe. You don't have a f**kin clue about anything

You're a wee smarmy rat, I remember you started a thread about Stevie Thompson when he was a few games into his st mirren career. You called him a fraud I believe. You don't have a f**kin clue about anything

Nice to see your back after your ban. Sad to see it hasn't taught you anything about your behaviour.

We have a search function on this forum. See if you can find this thread and post you say I made and then link to it.

Sadly you'll be looking for a long time, as I have never started a thread on Steven Thompson much less called him a fraud.

Back to your cave now, good lad.

• 2 months later...

Must be true then :P

Wouldn't surprise me obviously, can't remember the last time he got a kick. Aberdeen at home maybe?

Danny's clearly decided he's not good enough and you can certainly see why. What a waste of money.

Hopefully clearing some wage space to get Kello signed up on a longer deal. :)

Must be true then :P

Wouldn't surprise me obviously, can't remember the last time he got a kick. Aberdeen at home maybe?

Danny's clearly decided he's not good enough and you can certainly see why. What a waste of money.

3 or 4 months wage. How much can the guy be on?

If he isn't doing what was expected, then surely it's better to get rid now than continue to keep him. That would be a waste!

Hopefully we have a replacement lined up or another youngster has made an impression on Danny!

It,ll be Danny,s fault for not rating him and fielding better players no doubt smile.png

Was Danny not quoted as saying that he was the one that we had been waiting all summer to get. Panic signing without having seen him play. Probably signed on the basis of the youtube clip showing him scoring 2 goals and one of them hit his shin and went in.

3 or 4 months wage. How much can the guy be on?

If he isn't doing what was expected, then surely it's better to get rid now than continue to keep him. That would be a waste!

Hopefully we have a replacement lined up or another youngster has made an impression on Danny!

There'd be a loan fee too. Wasn't that why this signing was delayed due to disagreement over the size of that fee? Just before Danny told us all:

' He's the one we've been waiting for, but I believe he's been worth the wait, we've identified the right one who'll give us exactly what we need '

I was no fan of Guy or Parkin. But when you think we let these experienced proven goal scorers go and replaced them with this guy it's pretty confusing stuff. Also quite concerning that the guy we are apparently replacing Bahoken with was punted out of Lewis Guys new team after a few weeks because he wasn't good enough... Hopefully there's someone else coming in January.

Thommo used to get subbed regularly last season. Parkin and Guy provided ample back up and support. Now he's playing 90 minutes every week because there's simply no one else that can play upfront. Let's hope his ageing frame can hold up till January else it's Darren McGregor upfront!