St Mirren V Butcher's Hibernian Top League Nov. 2013

shull

As mentioned before Saturday will be 2 years to the day since DL extended his contract with Saints. We're up against a Hibs team that are above us in the league, despite changing managers shutup.gif, and their players will obviously be keen to impress their new boss.

Am I right that Goodwin will not be there to continue with his auxiliary goalkeeping duties? If so we'll have to reshuffle the midfield, I'm not going to make any suggestions but I will be claiming the credit if Lennon continues to get it correct!

As ever - COYS!

Looking forward to this game. This could be a lively affair !! If we can produce a win here we really would have made a consolidated impact , waving the corner turned bye bye. I will be the first to firmly pat DL's back.

The cautionary note......................

Hmm, let's see, expectation is on the up and we are at home to a team , who, let's just say that on recent form are utter pish.

So what can Butcher do if anything at all with Fenlon's pile of shit prior to Saturday, the Butcher bounce !!??

Hmm, another worry, early ko , this a tv game ??

Well that's it then, a stick on flop, lump on Hibs.

It'll be great ................

mellow.png

Guest somner9

could work to our advantage this week that Goody is suspended with a pumped up hibs team looking to impress their new boss and flying into tackles left, right and centre.....

I expect our midfield or Thommo will be the victims when the Hibees pick up a red card or two. Possibly even a penalty this week that no doubt goody will charge from the stands to takeclap.gif

I think Hibs will be more concerned about us than we of them. A new manager can give some immediate bounce but is not always the case. They are still coming into this game on a bad run and a new manager can also make players try to hard to please and end up performing a lot worse.

There are no players in that Hibs team that concern me and feel that on our form we should be able to match and beat them. They spend £200k on a striker who is nowhere near as good as Thommo.

Danny's boys are up for this and hope we can reproduce the form of the last few weeks and, if so, can see us taking the 3 points.

As mentioned before Saturday will be 2 years to the day since DL extended his contract with Saints. We're up against a Hibs team that are above us in the league, despite changing managers shutup.gif, and their players will obviously be keen to impress their new boss.

Am I right that Goodwin will not be there to continue with his auxiliary goalkeeping duties? If so we'll have to reshuffle the midfield, I'm not going to make any suggestions but I will be claiming the credit if Lennon continues to get it correct!

As ever - COYS!

Aye your right. In my opinion I would try not to upset a whole lot of the team and either try to get a direct replacement in for Jim so that the rest of the team continue in their positions, or keep it to very minimal changes.

Who could go straight in? Could Grainger do it? I know Barron has been played in there in the past but I don't know how his fitness is.

My thoughts on Sunday when leaving the ground were maybe play McGregor in that role and bring in Lee Mair to the back 4 though not sure about his fitness either.

Its a tough one, the good thing is that as he is a Ghost he could probably sneak on without getting seen anyway,

I would be proud to be related to the most interesting poster we currently have. cloud9.gif

St. Sid was better but unfortunately he was banished when our glorious leader took a hissy fit. sad.png

St Sid was very good and is missed.

The best replacement IMO is Newton, who has the drive, energy and commitment required to slip into that role... he's doing a similar one wider on the park when not ghosting into the box to score... see... uncanny.

Caprice or DVZ can slot into the right mid position.

That's what I was thinking. Newton would do a great job in there as would Caprice or DVZ on the right of midfield. Both these player's will just be desperate to get into the starting 11 and show they can add something to the team and this rather pleasing wee run of form we are showing. Edited by Mr Zo

That's what I was thinking. Newton would do a great job in there as would Caprice and DVZ on the right of midfield. Both these player's will just be desperate to get into the starting 11 and show they can add something to the team and this rather pleasing wee run of form we are showing.

That's what I would go with, would like to see the boy Caprice get a run out, the brief couple of times I have seen him he looks to have good pace something that DVZ doesn't these days but DL might opt for experience but in saying that our two experienced full backs can't get a game...