Adam Campbell Day - Killie Away

Bud the Baker

For those who couldn't make the game, "we were the better team" hard to believe reading some of

the pish on here you'd think we were total shite today, we deserved at least a point. Although we

didn't create much in the second half no way did we deserve that sickener at the end.......

anyway is Jon Mcginn superb or what, just seems to get better and better with every game, hard to

believe he ended up on the losing side.......what a player....

For those who couldn't make the game, "we were the better team" hard to believe reading some of

the pish on here you'd think we were total shite today, we deserved at least a point. Although we

didn't create much in the second half no way did we deserve that sickener at the end.......

anyway is Jon Mcginn superb or what, just seems to get better and better with every game, hard to

We weren't the better team at all , we had more of the ball but did naff all with it. Poor , poor performance against weak opponents !

Just watched the highlights on a PC with a rather poor internet connection and I struggled initially to make out who the individual players were from their features but St Mirren's number 14 stood out for me as a train wreck. Time and time again his positioning is out, he fails to challenge and he fails to offer anything that one of those free kick mannequins doesn't do better. At first I had thought that Naismith maybe was having a nightmare, but no it transpires it's the usual lump of wood at the back Marc McAusland.

At the first goal he stands off his man seemingly encouraging him to shoot whilst unsighting his goalkeeper. In the next couple of passages of play in the highlights he's lumbering around in shot doing nothing while Kilmarnock build moves and shoot at goal. And then in the second goal, the problem isn't that the ball bounces off him, it's what the f**k is the centre half doing that far out of the defensive line when his defensive partner is holding a line with the left back some ten yards behind him.

Harkins going out on loan seems like a bizarre decision as well especially when Teale, McLean and McGinn all appear to be injured and McGowan could be looking at a custodial sentence.

We weren't the better team at all , we had more of the ball but did naff all with it. Poor , poor performance against weak opponents !

In you're opinion, I keep my glass half full..... I'll admit we failed to create much, mainly due

to our wide players Newton (needs dropping) and Grainger, but we had a few good performers, Mcginn

McGowan and Campbell, for me the only killie player that stood out was Samson, tells its own story.....

I was screaming for a red card when Jason Naismith was running in on goal , but the referee made no decision whatso ever and played on . a major turning point in the match ,.two hand balls , fouls against us 1st half ,okay ! two hand balls against killie playes play on,? These we subtle things help change a game .

Agreed eastlands, but the strangest thing about today is getting such a long post from yourself wink.png

Goal wasn't offside as first thought, McGregor 5 yards deeper yet again and played him onside. Handball in front of ref in the build up, wee Gowser was penalised for controlling then ball with his shoulder.

Great finish from Boyd, that's why he's the all time top scorer in the SPL. Amazing plenty of fans on here said they wouldn't take him when he was available.

Killie fans after the game thought so also. We weren't that good yesterday but we were the better side. Unlucky to come away with nothing.

Goal wasn't offside as first thought, McGregor 5 yards deeper yet again and played him onside. Handball in front of ref in the build up, wee Gowser was penalised for controlling then ball with his shoulder.

Great finish from Boyd, that's why he's the all time top scorer in the SPL. Amazing plenty of fans on here said they wouldn't take him when he was available.

Amazing right enough, can't be for football reasons, so what else could it be? whistling.gif

Ah, another radio expert.

Killie fans boo'd Harkins. I was sitting in the away end and I never heard one single boo when he came on.

Perhaps in future you should double check something before slating your fellow supporters?

I didn't hear any boos from the away end either. Credit to the boys up the back, chanted for 90 mins and even got some banter wi the local police :D

In you're opinion, I keep my glass half full..... I'll admit we failed to create much, mainly due

to our wide players Newton (needs dropping) and Grainger, but we had a few good performers, Mcginn

McGowan and Campbell, for me the only killie player that stood out was Samson, tells its own story.....

I agree with your earlier post that we were the better side, boyd and Samson were the difference (though the boy Johnston looked decent). Newton needs to stop shitting it from 60/40 balls in his favour and learn to play the pass rather than try to skin 4 players! Mcginn played well. Campbell looked the part, took his goal well and got into some great positions, was unlucky not to get a second. Thommo seems to be getting a bit of a bashing, I thought he had a decent game, played Campbell in on numerous occasions! Would have to disagree about grainger though, I thought he had a very good game for us and a cracking save from Samson kept him off the score sheet

edit: appears it wasn't Samson that kept grainger out, too many guiness for me I think!

Edited by Herdo

Killie fans after the game thought so also. We weren't that good yesterday but we were the better side. Unlucky to come away with nothing.

Indeed, as I was leaving the ground, heard a group of Kilmarnock fans saying that St Mirren were the better team throughout, but that we were woeful at the back...

Something Kilmarnock did better than us yesterday was closing their opponents down quickly.

For Saints, only McGowan and McGinn seemed to have the appetite to do this. I think Newton's mind is on a move and avoiding picking up any knocks.

The Killie players were all over us when we were in possession, and didn't allow our players any space to play. We weren't direct enough to counter this tactic effectively and were too slow to offer options during key passages of play. More overlapping in wide areas would have been an option, but a general lack of incisiveness cost us.

I also thought we were a bit shot-shy....as usual.

Something Kilmarnock did better than us yesterday was closing their opponents down quickly.

For Saints, only McGowan and McGinn seemed to have the appetite to do this. I think Newton's mind is on a move and avoiding picking up any knocks.

The Killie players were all over us when we were in possession, and didn't allow our players any space to play. We weren't direct enough to counter this tactic effectively and were too slow to offer options during key passages of play. More overlapping in wide areas would have been an option, but a general lack of incisiveness cost us.

I also thought we were a bit shot-shy....as usual.

Agree with this. The first goal should have been closed down by Cheesy or Kelly.

Also we McGinn let his man go and was drawn to the ball. Pass was made to the player he let go.

Edited by davidg

Bit of a sickener really , but quality of Boyd killed us in the end. Any other day that game that could have been anything really. Our defending is simply not good enough though to lift us up this table just now. Basic errors persist and goals we lost totally avoidable.

Curve ball , but why do Kilmarnock always stick the support on the upper tier ?? A decent travelling support shoved away out of the cameras. There must be a Elf n safety reason ( hee hee ) but all this does is how Rugby park up as a soulless ground lacking in fans and killing any prospect of consolidating any decent aesthetic and atmosphere..

As someone pointed out on the bus home - How could Kris Boyd have outpaced our defenders to score the winner !!

Scandal that we left rugby park with nothing should have had at least a point on the board and would have remained 2 above Kilmarnock instead of one behind now

Poor show im afraid - on a plus point campbell took his goal well and looks lively hopefully he will do well for us, sadly on the subs bench we have nothing impact wise coming on to win a game young reilly and harkins just dont cut it.

I think that's the third carbon copy goal Boyd has scored against us plus a couple of others. We appear to play a high line against him on exactly the basis you point out however from what I can see he is actually QUICKER than our CBs. I doubt that is raw speed but he has a good footballing brain and can pull off his designated marker onto the slower defender. He also plays right on the shoulder of his marker so despite a lack of raw pace I would hazard a guess we are playing him all wrong as once he has got in behind and is in on goal he, as top all time league scorer, invariably buries it. A high line with 20-30 metres in behind is not the way to play Boyd unless you have a fast mobile CB. Perhaps defending him a little deeper might be the answer in future.

I think that's the third carbon copy goal Boyd has scored against us plus a couple of others. We appear to play a high line against him on exactly the basis you point out however from what I can see he is actually QUICKER than our CBs. I doubt that is raw speed but he has a good footballing brain and can pull off his designated marker onto the slower defender. He also plays right on the shoulder of his marker so despite a lack of raw pace I would hazard a guess we are playing him all wrong as once he has got in behind and is in on goal he, as top all time league scorer, invariably buries it. A high line with 20-30 metres in behind is not the way to play Boyd unless you have a fast mobile CB. Perhaps defending him a little deeper might be the answer in future.

We could always hope someone just go through him in the first minute and he has to hobble off.thumbup2.gif

Why is it we always find one striker per season that rips us apart. Do we not do our homework or as you say play these guys differently. At the moment its Boyd, last season it was Leigh Griffiths and before that Skatchel at Hearts.

Edited by stevenston saint

Didn't make it yesterday so can't comment on yesterday's performance but another very disappointing result. We were appalling start of the season tightened up and turned it around then had another very poor spell then humped utd now we seem to be on another bad patch. I know a lot agree but the lack of consistency is so frustrating but we all know it's the st.mirren way , probably beat Celtic Sunday now!

Didn't make it yesterday so can't comment on yesterday's performance but another very disappointing result. We were appalling start of the season tightened up and turned it around then had another very poor spell then humped utd now we seem to be on another bad patch. I know a lot agree but the lack of consistency is so frustrating but we all know it's the st.mirren way , probably beat Celtic Sunday now!

How the f**k do you work that out ?!? Two games , one draw, one last minute goal against...... hardly makes it a bad patch !!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley