St.johnstone A 11.1.14

norrie82

Thommo will need to be fit.

Carrying an injury the past two games.

Need players in and fast

The manager is going nowhere as if there was doubts from the board he would have been shown the door after the start we had

Diff is. Weve had the start. Now were in the middle bad run and i can guarantee u there will be and end bad run if this is allowed to continue.

He's admitted he's a Celtic supporter, no surprise there.

He's enjoying being the joke of the forum, genius eh?

There is perhaps a bit of the negative head in most Saint Mirren fans , especially for those of us who have been around the block a few times . But who saw the Dimdee Untied result or the Cup Final victory coming . These are the games that make it all worthwhile. .

In saying that we should be able to beat the Fakes , with a bit of luck and some good tactics but then. .

I hope Grainger isn't near the starting 11. He's supposed to be an experienced pro yet he sold the first 2 goals today.

The most graft he and Harkins put in was during the volleys in the warm up. Looks like they had a wee bet going there.

Drop Grainger for DVZ or Goody. Move McGinn to left mid and play DVZ or Goody in the holding role.

Change from the 4-1-3-1-1 formation to 2 up top with more of a diamond. 4-1-2-1-2 instead of playing one just off Thommo.

The fakes aren't great, get in about them and go for it.

---------------------Kello

Naismith McGregor Cheese Kelly

------------------Goody/DVZ

-------Newton-------------------McGinn

---------------------Gowser

-------------Campbell---Thommo

Works well for me in FIFA :P

Edited by davidg

We'll lose this game because our defence is shit and May / Hasselwank will take at least one opportunity to undo any good work and build up we invest in the game.

I do not fancy this one at all,.......hope I am totally wrong and that we react to today's ineptness, but I doubt it.

This is one for Sky sports and lots of beers swalleyed behind the sofa.

Up to Perth for my debut saints' game this season. Here's hoping for a decent result. Heading back on the train and as yet haven't experienced the journey from McDiarmid Park to Perth station. Train back at 17.37 so we need to be swift. Any tips on getting back on time, apart from leave long before the end when the game is lost hopefully? Taxi, bus or brisk walk?

It's 2.1 mile walk, 40 minutes brisk walk.

Don't head to the front door of the station.

As you walk over the bridge over the rail track turn immediate right down the side of the station through a car park and onto the platforms. If you pass the James Barclay Furniture store you have gone too far.

The 17.37 leaves from platform 1.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/SME/html/NRE_PTH/plan.html?rtnloc=PTH

It's 2.1 mile walk, 40 minutes brisk walk.

Don't head to the front door of the station.

As you walk over the bridge over the rail track turn immediate right down the side of the station through a car park and onto the platforms. If you pass the James Barclay Furniture store you have gone too far.

The 17.37 leaves from platform 1.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/SME/html/NRE_PTH/plan.html?rtnloc=PTH

Much appreciated. So we turn right just before the furniture store? Thanks again.

Yes Billy, IF, but I'm sticking to the reality not what I, or others with a personal dislike, would prefer.

I haven't an agenda against DL. In fact, I've tended to defend him more than most. However, if we take nothing from the next two games, and the teams below us pick anything up, the the BOD really need to be looking at the situation very carefully. A lot of 'ifs', but we cannot afford to be dragged into a play off spot at this point when morale seems to be low. It'll be a bugger to get back out of it if we do.

To think some happy clappers were quick to say how terrible Terry Butcher was as a manager. The same guy who won his last 5 games in charge of Inverness and who has only lost 1 in 8 games as Hibs gaffer. And that away at Parkhead. Cant argue with those stats. eh!

I think English must be a second language for some of you guys. The comment on Butcher was that he'd been 'good and bad at times'. How can you interpret this as saying he's terrible? I can recommend a night class for you iof you have difficulty in understanding this.

St Johnstones last 6 games don't look too good.

Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 4, For 3, Against 8.

While our form isn't strong either looks like this could go anyway so I'm hoping for a narrow victory.

St J 1 St M 2 thumbup2.gif

You've just put the jinx on us, FS. You know what happens when another team needs a boost!

Edited by saint in exile

We really need some bodies in. We're almost in an identical situation as we were pre-season with too tight a squad. TBH I'm quite glad McGinn's out 'cos he needs a wee rest as does Kelly.

I agree on McGinn. He was taken off versus Killie, and we had heard that he had a knock yet featured again against Celtic (a match where he was probably our best player). In Goodwin's absence, he has been asked to put himself on the line a bit more than suits his game, in my view, so I think he will benefit from the break. I'm also thinking that it won't do any harm to keep him tucked away in the event that scouts might be sniffing about this month.

Not so sure about Kelly. I would agree if we had much in the way of left-sided options, but with only Grainger available, I think we would lack width. We could do with bringing in a left-sided MF as there is a defecit in this area.

Edited by Drew

Agree with that except I would put Reilly in rather than Brady. He's got a bit more experience in the first team.

I would go with Brady. Reilly hasn't shown that he is ready to start a game. Brady might have less experience, but this doesn't mean he'd be any less effective. Thomas is some way off, for me, and could do with being loaned out.