Gary Dicker

Blairy_the_Bulgarian

Having 2 thugs in the middle of the park is an excellent idea.

The great Aberdeen side of the early 80s had Neale Cooper & Neil Simpson in the middle and with McLeish, Miller & Rougvie at the back, they never lost a battle. The Hearts side that blew the title in 86 also had a couple of great thugs in the middle, Neil Berry & Kenny Black. Again, with the likes of Walter Kidd, Craig Levein, Sandy Jardine, Brian Whittaker & Sandy Clark, they could could kick any side of the park.

Dicker & Goodwin in the centre of midfield, Thompson up front with Wyle & Campbell playing off him, back to front football and success will follow.

thumbup2.gif

Having 2 thugs in the middle of the park is an excellent idea.

The great Aberdeen side of the early 80s had Neale Cooper & Neil Simpson in the middle and with McLeish, Miller & Rougvie at the back, they never lost a battle. The Hearts side that blew the title in 86 also had a couple of great thugs in the middle, Neil Berry & Kenny Black. Again, with the likes of Walter Kidd, Craig Levein, Sandy Jardine, Brian Whittaker & Sandy Clark, they could could kick any side of the park.

Dicker & Goodwin in the centre of midfield, Thompson up front with Wyle & Campbell playing off him, back to front football and success will follow.

thumbup2.gif

I would certainly have no objection to us playing thugball and on the occasions when his P45 has appeared on the horizon neither has Lennon, unfortunately his desire to play football "the correct way" always resurfaces.

Our captain played as a centre half in the semi-final and the final of our glorious cup win in 2013. These games were two of our best results and performances at the highest level for many a year. Jim played his part in that at the position of centre half. I'd be happy for him to plug the gap in defence anytime.

We got absolutely battered in that final

Before we get carried away.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/100436/page:3

There's a great quote in there about Dicker's lack of every quality that we are hoping he will bring to the team.

Unfortunately, for several months, the f**king cut and paste option doesn't seem to work on my posts.dry.png

So you'll need to find it yourselves.

Edited by FTOF

There's a great quote in there about Dicker's lack of every quality that we are hoping he will bring to the team.

Unfortunately, for several months, the f**king cut and paste option doesn't seem to work on my posts.dry.png

So you'll need to find it yourselves.

O.K. we move on. Who's the next candidate.whistling.gif

We got absolutely battered in that final

My memory of the Final is we were pretty poor for half an hour then took charge for the last 15 in the first half.....Played great for half an hour, could and should have increased our lead after our third goal, then H****s had a right go for the last 15 and gave us all a squeaky bum.....

My take on it.....50/50 Possession for us ..whistling.gif

This....

didnt complete a pass in the second half and was yet again outfought in the middle of the park

or this....

Doesnt have the fight to win the ball in the centre, dithers on the ball and risks losing possesion and his pass completion of late has been pretty mediocre at best.

FFS, that forum is worse than on here at times. My eyes are bleeding after reading all that f**king whining.

Worth noting, though, that the tone of some of the posts on there are similar to a few from here that have been directed at Kenny McLean among others.

This....

didnt complete a pass in the second half and was yet again outfought in the middle of the park

or this....

Doesnt have the fight to win the ball in the centre, dithers on the ball and risks losing possesion and his pass completion of late has been pretty mediocre at best.

FFS, that forum is worse than on here at times. My eyes are bleeding after reading all that f**king whining.

Worth noting, though, that the tone of some of the posts on there are similar to a few from here that have been directed at Kenny McLean among others.

Those quotes seem to tick all the boxes of a typical Danny Lennon signing! :lol:

This....

or this....

I did notice that they were as big a shower of moaning bastards as we are on here! laugh.png

If you didnae laugh, you'd greet!

Where are you getting this from, JJ?

Let's face it anyway, how many of us had even heard of this guy, so how big a loss should we be considering this as?

Edited by Drew

Dicker, Rooney, Stevenson, Santa Claus, the Man From Uncle.... whoever. Following the Hartegate scandal, until Allan Picken photographs a player, holding up a Saints shirt, in front of a St Mirren logo, with the St Mirren manager shaking his hand, and Norrie posting 'he's signed' on the club website - I am completely 'meh' about the entire rumour mill process. Even allowing for all of the above actually happening, I still won't fully believe a player has signed for us until I see them with my own eyes, in a Saints shirt, being played out of position to accomodate Gary Harkins.

Gie's a shout when they gie's a signing. Until then... Meh.